For ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.

eternomade

Hosea 1
9 Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.

Why did God say this?

According to free willers, the entire world is God's people?

Matthew 1
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Hosea 1
9 Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.

Why did God say this?

Matthew 1
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Oops the elect/ chosen Jews/ Israel . Looks like God failed and went with plan B.

He came to His own and His own did not receive Him.

Plan A major failure

next

Oops the elect/ chosen Jews/ Israel . Looks like God failed and went with plan B.

He came to His own and His own did not receive Him.

Plan A major failure

next
God's first plan was a major failure? I only know of one plan of God, Redemption in Christ Jesus, and it was successful.

Looks like God failed and went with plan B.
Maybe you should edit this then. God does not ever fail. God purposed to save a people in Christ.

Matthew 1

He was successful also, because He accomplished it, 100%.

Maybe you should edit this then. God does not ever fail. God purposed to save a people in Christ.

Matthew 1

He was successful also, because He accomplished it, 100%.
Failed by the Calvinist position not the biblical one.

next

I have yet to receive any replies to this OP that used Scripture instead of logic/feelings. Here are some more Scriptures to contemplate why God has a particular people.

1 Samuel 2:25

If one man sins against another, God will judge him. But if a man sins against the Lord, who will intercede for him?” Nevertheless they did not heed the voice of their father, because the Lord desired to kill them.

Did Hophni and Phinehas, the two sons of Eli have a chance?

Hosea 1

Why did God say this?
Good question. Contextually, why did God say this?
I don't know what they believe on that point, but I do know they falsely teach that every single person had their sins paid for by Christ. That He suffered agony and punishment for their sins, propitiated them, then sent them to hell with their sins forgiven and paid for in full.
Matthew 1
Yep. Now, when He came unto His own, and they didn't receive Him, it doesn't entail they are true Israel, the "Israel of God" it simply means His ethnic people, covenant people &c.

It doesn't prove the Calvinistic model has failed. What it does show is the one saying this is ignorant of the text, on the OT concerning the text, and what we believe on the text. But that's trolling for you.

Yeah. I know I cant change anyone's mind. I just post Scripture for my benefit and others reading. Maybe the Spirit will work.

I am sure I get trolled all the time.
Yes, wanted to keep it in perspective. When the practice of some is to disregard the biblical answer to our position, what we believe, and why, and carry on like they weren't answered? And then continue to falsely accuse?

Well, you know...

Hosea 1

Why did God say this?
Romans 9:6.

Now, in Hosea 1:10-11 there is a transition made, where God again at a later time calls His remnant "Children of the living God..."

Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered,.... Though called Loammi, and rejected from being the people of God; yet there is a time when their number, according to the promise made to Abraham, shall be as the sand of the sea, and the stars of heaven; which, as the one cannot be measured, the other cannot be numbered; which was to be not at the return of the Jews from the Babylonish captivity, when some of the ten tribes of Israel returned with them, as Theodoret and others think; for they were but few that then returned: but rather at the first times of the Gospel, when multitudes that came from various parts of the world were converted at the day of Pentecost, and greater numbers; who were met with in the ministry of the word, in the various parts of the world, where they were dispersed, and the Gospel came, to whom Peter and James wrote their epistles; and not these only are meant, but the vast numbers of Gentiles, who were effectually called by grace everywhere, and were true Israelites... - John Gill
They struggle to acknowledge the remnant, the true people, and mistakingly conflate a person of Jewish ethicity with automatically being a child of God (note John 8:37,44) as @Christian disingenuously did in saying John 1:12 proves Calvinists God failed. It was another willful misrepresentation.

Our Biblical position doesn't support his failed attempt to smear us with that false assertion. It is non sequitur according to our position.

And if we answer Biblically, it will be dismissed, and we will be insulted; Matthew 7:6. It happens on here all day.
Matthew 1
Yes, He will save His people.

Good question. Contextually, why did God say this?
Historically? I don't know. I believe this is a picture of Christ(Hosea) and the Church(His adulturous wife). I can relate to her...Reminds me of Christ and Barabbas. I do believe history is important

I don't know what they believe on that point, but I do know they falsely teach that every single person had their sins paid for by Christ. That He suffered agony and punishment for their sins, propitiated them, then sent them to hell with their sins forgiven and paid for in full.
Yes and this is a false gospel. I hate it.

Yep. Now, when He came unto His own, and they didn't receive Him, it doesn't entail they are true Israel, the "Israel of God" it simply means His ethnic people, covenant people &c.

It doesn't prove the Calvinistic model has failed. What it does show is the one saying this is ignorant of the text, on the OT concerning the text, and what we believe on the text. But that's trolling for you.
I think the poster believes that national Israel is saved apart from spiritual Israel. The people in Matthew 1:21 is spiritual Israel.

Romans 9
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Yes, wanted to keep it in perspective. When the practice of some is to disregard the biblical answer to our position, what we believe, and why, and carry on like they weren't answered? And then continue to falsely accuse?

Well, you know...
Yeah I know. I try to remember not to look at anyones faces...Truth can make people smile and frown.

Jeremiah 1
8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.

Historically? I don't know. I believe this is a picture of Christ(Hosea) and the Church(His adulturous wife). I can relate to her...Reminds me of Christ and Barabbas. I do believe history is important

Yes and this is a false gospel. I hate it.
Yup, me too.
I think the poster believes that national Israel is saved apart from spiritual Israel. The people in Matthew 1:21 is spiritual Israel.

Romans 9
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Yeah I know. I try to remember not to look at anyones faces...Truth can make people smile and frown.

Jeremiah 1
8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.
Yep, false teachers need to be exposed. No fear in that.

Many people here see themselves in the picture of the David, Noah, Abraham etc when they should be seeing themselves in Tamar and Potifer's wife.

What proved that Tamar was justified before Judah? What was her evidence that she was righteous?

Genesis 38
16 And he turned unto her by the way, and said, Go to, I pray thee, let me come in unto thee; (for he knew not that she was his daughter in law.) And she said, What wilt thou give me, that thou mayest come in unto me?

17 And he said, I will send thee a kid from the flock. And she said, Wilt thou give me a pledge, till thou send it?

18 And he said, What pledge shall I give thee? And she said, Thy signet, and thy bracelets, and thy staff that is in thine hand. And he gave it her, and came in unto her, and she conceived by him.

25 When she was brought forth, she sent to her father in law, saying, By the man, whose these are, am I with child: and she said, Discern, I pray thee, whose are these, the signet, and bracelets, and staff.

26 And Judah acknowledged them, and said, She hath been more righteous than I; because that I gave her not to Shelah my son. And he knew her again no more.

I am just like Potifer's wife. How was POtifer's wife declared righteous? By another...

Genesis 39
12 And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.

13 And it came to pass, when she saw that he had left his garment in her hand, and was fled forth,

14 That she called unto the men of her house, and spake unto them, saying, See, he hath brought in an Hebrew unto us to mock us; he came in unto me to lie with me, and I cried with a loud voice:

15 And it came to pass, when he heard that I lifted up my voice and cried, that he left his garment with me, and fled, and got him out.

16 And she laid up his garment by her, until his lord came home.

17 And she spake unto him according to these words, saying, The Hebrew servant, which thou hast brought unto us, came in unto me to mock me:

18 And it came to pass, as I lifted up my voice and cried, that he left his garment with me, and fled out.

SUBSTITUTION
Zechariah 3
3 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

2 And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.

4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

Back