Free will

Salvation is the gift not faith
Philippians 1/29
For it has been granted to you for the sake of Christ that you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake.
"Belief" is granted, (given)

Romans 6:23 (KJV 1900) — 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Correct.
Grace through (by way of) faith, it is the gift of God.
Ephesians 2:8–10 (KJV 1900) — 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Correct.
"not of yourselves", it is the gift of God.
So you show free will is contrary to coercion
Correct.
Free will is not coercion, it's free.
So you still affirm free will is contrary to force

as I stated
Here's what you stated.
And you think being determined is not coercion?
And here's what I stated.
It is not Tom.

Philippians 1/29
For it has been granted to you for the sake of Christ that you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake.

Granted yes through the presentation of biblical truth

Romans 10:14–17 (KJV 1900) — 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Correct.

Correct.
Salvation is the gift which comes through grace

Correct.

Here's what you stated.

And here's what I stated. It is not Tom.
Actually it is.

Romans 10:14–17 (KJV 1900) — 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Salvation is the gift which comes through grace

Actually it is.
It does not say "presentation of the gospel" in Philippians 1:29.

Already proved it with scripture you ignored

Philemon 14 (ASV) — 14 but without thy mind I would do nothing; that thy goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will.
A text without context is a pretext.

A text without context is a pretext.
You fail to show context mitigates my claim in any way

Already proved it with scripture you ignored

Philemon 14 (ASV) — 14 but without thy mind I would do nothing; that thy goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will.

It is obvious free will and necessity are contrary to one another.

Philippians 1/29 For it has been granted to you, not only to believe in him but to suffer for his sake.

Belief has been granted, not "biblical truth".
Are you denying scripture?
Sure looks that way.

Actually it is.
You are conflating determinism with coercion, even though there are no threats involved, only gifts.
You're simply wrong Tom.

Philippians 1/29

Correct.

Correct.

Correct.

Here's what you stated.

And here's what I stated.

Belief is gifted, and does not then negate an individuals faith.

Synergy.

Philippians 1/29 For it has been granted to you, not only to believe in him but to suffer for his sake.

Belief has been granted, not "biblical truth".
Granted through hearing the word of God

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

not through a unilateral infusion

Are you denying scripture?
Sure looks that way.

You are conflating determinism with coercion, even though there are no threats involved, only gifts.
You're simply wrong Tom.
There is no conflation

You are simply denying determinism involved necessity and compulsion

both of which are contrary to Philemon 1:14

Philemon 14 (The Modern Language Bible: Berkeley Version) — 14 but I do not wish to do anything without your consent, so that your kind action may not be compulsory but voluntary.

Granted through hearing the word of God

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

not through a unilateral infusion

There is no conflation

You are simply denying determinism involved necessity and compulsion

both of which are contrary to Philemon 1:14

Philemon 14 (The Modern Language Bible: Berkeley Version) — 14 but I do not wish to do anything without your consent, so that your kind action may not be compulsory but voluntary.
A texts without a contexts are pretexts.

Back