God Has A Design For His Church

I don't see any Catholic hatred or irrational responses here. I see people trying to explain the Faith charitably.

Perhaps everyone should try to be a bit more charitable.
You must keep your eyes closed when reading the posts of MF or RPP do not hear any charity from them when they complain that we are anti-rc bigots. I suppose we are to be good natured about it while you all continue to complain.

Again. Soundbyte.

"Oh? But I cited the entire post."

But only bolded the soundbyte.

Seriously. I apologized for wording it badly, but you just want to complain.

I'm sure I am not the only one thinking, charitable would include "forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us".

I guess that soundbyte doesn't fit into the agenda.
If one was truly charitable, they would not point out what they perceive as faults in others. But RCs love to do find fault with others and not their doctrines that way they do not need to actually answer a question.

If one was truly charitable, they would not point out what they perceive as faults in others. But RCs love to do find fault with others and not their doctrines that way they do not need to actually answer a question.
I always get a kick out of when they insist all their Catholic doctrines can be found in scripture and then, when you call their bluff and ask where their doctrines are found in scripture, they'll just start complaining about solar scriptura.

Still waiting for watchdog to answer that question, but he's such a dishonest little coward, I'm not holding my breath.

I always get a kick out of when they insist all their Catholic doctrines can be found in scripture
That is what their Masters tell them, and most RCs just say, "Oh, OK, our professionals say it's there, so it must be."
and then, when you call their bluff and ask where their doctrines are found in scripture, they'll just start complaining about solar scriptura.
Again, their Masters do not deign to inform the peeons of where the distinctive RCC teachings are found, nor how they were derived. And, sola ecclesiasts that they are, the "apologists" are left scrambling through the Cloaca Maxima, trying to find any pieces that might – if squinted at imaginatively enough – be construed to explain how those teachings are really, truly, sorta, kinda, in the Bible.

Were they honest, they would say, "Rome said it, and I put my unquestioning faith in Rome. End of discussion."

That is what their Masters tell them, and most RCs just say, "Oh, OK, our professionals say it's there, so it must be."

Again, their Masters do not deign to inform the peeons of where the distinctive RCC teachings are found, nor how they were derived. And, sola ecclesiasts that they are, the "apologists" are left scrambling through the Cloaca Maxima, trying to find any pieces that might – if squinted at imaginatively enough – be construed to explain how those teachings are really, truly, sorta, kinda, in the Bible.

Were they honest, they would say, "Rome said it, and I put my unquestioning faith in Rome. End of discussion."
OR, we could just say that the Church is the pillar of truth and the wisdom of God is made known through HIS CHURCH 🤷‍♂️

I always get a kick out of when they insist all their Catholic doctrines can be found in scripture and then, when you call their bluff and ask where their doctrines are found in scripture, they'll just start complaining about solar scriptura.

Still waiting for watchdog to answer that question, but he's such a dishonest little coward, I'm not holding my breath.
We cite scripture all the time and you folks just as quickly deny the scriptures we have cited saying we are wrong. When we refuse to cite scripture it is because it is pointless for us to do so as we already know how you will reply. No, it is you folks who are wrong, not us.

Please friend, I am not a coward - I bravely face my little kitty cat every single day.

We cite scripture all the time
And every Christian here who's ever tried to engage you in a conversation knows you're lying.

Just yesterday, I challenged you to show me where three Catholics doctrines are found in scripture.

You never did.
and you folks just as quickly deny the scriptures we have cited saying we are wrong.
So, what should we do if you're wrong? Just pretend you're right?
When we refuse to cite scripture it is because it is pointless for us to do so as we already know how you will reply. No, it is you folks who are wrong, not us.
Then why are you here? Why are you on a forum whose purpose is to discuss Catholic doctrine if you're not who liking to defend Catholic doctrine?

Clearly, you're just here to troll. Shame on the moderators for allowing trolls here.
Please friend, I am not a coward - I bravely face my little kitty cat every single day.
Yes, you're a coward. That's why you won't engage in discussion of Catholic doctrines.

That would just be kicking the can down the road. All it would mean is that you've just outsourced your thinking to the opinions of men.
or understanding the early church....it's all about authority

1 Tim 3:15 But if I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in the household of God, which is THE CHURCH of the living God, the PILLAR AND FOUNDATION OF [THE] TRUTH

Eph 3:10 so that the manifold WISDOM of God might now be made known THROUGH the CHURCH to the principalities and authorities in the heavens.

1 Tim 3:15 But if I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in the household of God, which is THE CHURCH of the living God, the PILLAR AND FOUNDATION OF [THE] TRUTH

Eph 3:10 so that the manifold WISDOM of God might now be made known THROUGH the CHURCH to the principalities and authorities in the heavens.
The living God is the pillar and foundation of truth, not the church who He warned of being infiltrated by wolves. The church is not perfect, and he never expected it to be. And the pillar and foundation of truth is, by necessity, perfect.

And the foundation we must build on is Jesus Christ, none other. Everything else results in disaster.

You left out the part where the church is supposed to be under the authority of the Word of God.

The living God is the pillar and foundation of truth, not the church who He warned of being infiltrated by wolves. The church is not perfect, and he never expected it to be. And the pillar and foundation of truth is, by necessity, perfect.

And the foundation we must build on is Jesus Christ, none other. Everything else results in disaster.
Their cult leaders have told them the church is built on Peter.

You left out the part where the church is supposed to be under the authority of the Word of God.
You left out a few verses.... here you go --

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the RULE OVER YOU, and SUBMIT yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Lk 10:16 Whoever listens to you listens to ME. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me.

Mt 16:18 I will build MY CHURCH, and the gates of the NETHERWORLD SHALL NOT PREVAIL against it.

Jn 14:16-17 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you ALWAYS, the SPIRIT OF TRUTH, which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you.

Jn 16:13 But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will GUIDE YOU to ALL TRUTH. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.

Mt 28:19-20 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, TEACHING THEM to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you ALWAYS, until the END OF THE AGE.”

You left out a few verses.... here you go --
No, I didn't.

Leaving out verses would mean that I provided an incomplete list of verses.

I didn't post any verses. I commented on your post.
Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the RULE OVER YOU, and SUBMIT yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
Agreed. We are to submit as long as they're leadership is Biblical.
Lk 10:16 Whoever listens to you listens to ME. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me.
Yep.
Mt 16:18 I will build MY CHURCH, and the gates of the NETHERWORLD SHALL NOT PREVAIL against it.
So true.
Jn 14:16-17 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you ALWAYS, the SPIRIT OF TRUTH, which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you.
You bet!
Jn 16:13 But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will GUIDE YOU to ALL TRUTH. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.
Sounds about right.
Mt 28:19-20 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, TEACHING THEM to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you ALWAYS, until the END OF THE AGE.”
That's what we do.

...and not one of these verses even remotely say that the church is not to be guided by God's Word.

Back