I wonder why John said this

Our Lord's God

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;
1 John 2:1

Maybe, he should have said:

My little children, I am writing these things to you because you will most certainly sin. And when anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;

There. Fixed it. That's better, right?

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;
1 John 2:1

Maybe, he should have said:

My little children, I am writing these things to you because you will most certainly sin. And when anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;

There. Fixed it. That's better, right?
Nope. The original statement clearly intends for us “not” to sin, whereas, your statement is ambiguous whether we should sin or not. One could take your statement as permission to sin because christ is going to fix it.

Isnt that what Paul’s enemies accused him of saying?

“And why not do evil that good may come?—as some people slanderously charge us with saying. Their condemnation is just.” (Romans 3:8)​
Just goes to show how easy it is to be misunderstood by changing a word or two.

Nope. The original statement clearly intends for us “not” to sin,

Ya think?

whereas, your statement is ambiguous whether we should sin or not.

No, the other statement says you will indeed sin.

One could take your statement as permission to sin because christ is going to fix it.

If you can read, you should take it to mean you WILL sin but don't worry about it too much.

Standard Protestantism.

Isnt that what Paul’s enemies accused him of saying?

“And why not do evil that good may come?—as some people slanderously charge us with saying. Their condemnation is just.” (Romans 3:8)​
Just goes to show how easy it is to be misunderstood by changing a word or two.

I think the OP went right over your head.

Righteous means, in right standing with God, and is to be without sin. So clear below.

Either one is born again of God Himself with His new disposition of mind as your own, anointed of His same mind, which is Christ in you, or one is not and is of V 8 below.

1 John 3
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Righteous means, in right standing with God, and is to be without sin. So clear below.

Either one is born again of God Himself with His new disposition of mind as your own, anointed of His same mind, which is Christ in you, or one is not and is of V 8 below.

1 John 3
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
The more nuanced version of that narrative is that the flesh continues to desire sin even if the one born of God chooses righteousness. We are never free from this “body of sin” until the resurrection. Until then we must mortify or crucify the flesh in order to live a righteous life. Not extreme asceticism but an integrated, regulated path through the desires of the flesh for good. “The Middle way” or just “The way”.

Last edited:
The more nuanced version of that narrative is that the flesh continues to desire sin even if the one born of God chooses righteousness. We are never free from this “body of sin” until the resurrection. Until then we must mortify or crucify the flesh in order to live a righteous life. Not extreme asceticism but an integrated, regulated path through the desires of the flesh for good. “The Middle way” or just “The way”.

But I say, walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill the desire of the flesh. For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you want.
Gal 5:16-17

The more nuanced version of that narrative is that the flesh continues to desire sin even if the one born of God chooses righteousness. We are never free from this “body of sin”,
Then you are still of this world and not of His Spirit.
until the resurrection.
What resurrection? All are resurrected from that dead state of Spirit when we recieve in us Gods same Spirit of mind. We come to life in Him.

Until then we must mortify or crucify the flesh in order to live a righteous life.
It isn't up to us to mortify or crucify the flesh, it is up to us to obey God as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 and God Himself removes the flesh mentality, carnality, and come to life in Him as Jesus did. He puts in us a new heaven and earth where all things become new, just ask it became new knowledge in Jesus in Matt 3:16.
Not extreme asceticism but an integrated, regulated path through the desires of the flesh for good. “The Middle way” or just “The way”.
The only way one can be resurrected form that dead state of spirit is to recieve from God where God Himself brings us to life in Him. The kingdom of God oddest come with observation, it is within you , or is supposed to be within you, see Jesus in Luke 27:20-21. And we who are born of God, born again was Jesus became in Matt 3:16, cannot sin because we are born of God. 1 John 3:9. He takes away the sins sins of this world. 1 John 3.

It isn't up to me to fight against sin, I gave that over to God for Him to deal with. Now I am perfect even as my Father in heaven is perfect. Matt 5:48.
Either one is come to life in God, born of Him, or one is not and dead in sin.

Then you are still of this world and not of His Spirit.

What resurrection? All are resurrected from that dead state of Spirit when we recieve in us Gods same Spirit of mind. We come to life in Him.

It isn't up to us to mortify or crucify the flesh, it is up to us to obey God as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 and God Himself removes the flesh mentality, carnality, and come to life in Him as Jesus did. He puts in us a new heaven and earth where all things become new, just ask it became new knowledge in Jesus in Matt 3:16.

The only way one can be resurrected form that dead state of spirit is to recieve from God where God Himself brings us to life in Him. The kingdom of God oddest come with observation, it is within you , or is supposed to be within you, see Jesus in Luke 27:20-21. And we who are born of God, born again was Jesus became in Matt 3:16, cannot sin because we are born of God. 1 John 3:9. He takes away the sins sins of this world. 1 John 3.

It isn't up to me to fight against sin, I gave that over to God for Him to deal with. Now I am perfect even as my Father in heaven is perfect. Matt 5:48.
Either one is come to life in God, born of Him, or one is not and dead in sin.
Hold on a second while I throw up…HUUUURGGEHH! That’s better.

Hold on a second while I throw up…HUUUURGGEHH! That’s better.
The ways of Jesus in the Father for you to be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, Matt 5:48, and walk as He walks in His same light with the same signs following, always has that effect on those who oppose the ways of God and Jesus in his God who sent him, and for you to have from God the same as Jesus received from Him in Matt 3:16 that God commands of you to be like the example He sent for you to be like makes you sick.

I literally have seen people throw up when the ways of God to be like Him and in His same image as Jesus was is presented to them throw up, all their bowels used out. Especially inmates in prison who is without Gods Love that He is as Jesus was of Gods Love: who is expose to the truth who you are supposed to be like Him and in His same image makes your flesh man in carnality sick just as you stated it does.

Not you can regurgitate some more.

This is what you are missing in yourself that Jesus learned of God Himself after Matt 3:16 that makes you nauseous.

John 12:49: For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 7:16. Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

John 5 :17 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5:19. “Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Joihn 17:2-21, the kingdom of God doesnt come withj observation, it is withn you

John 16:23. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Doc? Is that you? It can't be.

The more nuanced version of that narrative is that the flesh continues to desire sin even if the one born of God chooses righteousness.
God takes away the sins of this world and puts within us His righteousness. What you have described here is temptation, not sin at all.
We are never free from this “body of sin” until the resurrection.
You dont understand what sin is do you? Sin is separation from God to be like Him and in His same image. The only sin God cannot forgive is if one rejects Him to be like Him Who is a Spirit.
Until then we must mortify or crucify the flesh in order to live a righteous life.
You are trying to do that on your own instead of letting God Himself come to you and making you in His same image.
Not extreme asceticism but an integrated, regulated path through the desires of the flesh for good.
You are trying to do it yourself instead of seeking the kingdom of God first. Where is His kingdom? Jesus was clear where it is in Luke 17:20-21.
“The Middle way” or just “The way”.
There is only one one way to know God and that is the same way Jesus became to know Him in Matt 3:16.

God takes away the sins of this world and puts within us His righteousness. What you have described here is temptation, not sin at all.

You dont understand what sin is do you? Sin is separation from God to be like Him and in His same image. The only sin God cannot forgive is if one rejects Him to be like Him Who is a Spirit.

You are trying to do that on your own instead of letting God Himself come to you and making you in His same image.

You are trying to do it yourself instead of seeking the kingdom of God first. Where is His kingdom? Jesus was clear where it is in Luke 17:20-21.

There is only one one way to know God and that is the same way Jesus became to know Him in Matt 3:16.
Sin is NOT separation from God, it is what causes us to be separated from God! Sin is disobeying God's commandments, Gary! It's no wonder why you still can't get Isaiah 9:6 & Exodus 3:14 in conjunction with John 1:1+14 & 8:58 figured out CORRECTLY ( Jesus is both fully God and fully human as a man )! Case closed Gary!

Sin is NOT separation from God,
As I stated, you do not know what sin is. It is separation form having the love of God as your own mind, that causes the sin. If you have the mind of God as you are supposed to have then sin is a non issue.
it is what causes us to be separated from God! Sin is disobeying God's commandments, Gary! It's no wonder why you still can't get Isaiah 9:6 & Exodus 3:14 in conjunction with John 1:1+14 & 8:58 figured out CORRECTLY ( Jesus is both fully God and fully human as a man )! Case closed Gary!
You have it all backward, and that is spawned from not recovering from God Himself that what Jesus did in Matt 3:16.

Sin is not killing, stealing, chasing the neighbors wife, that is result from that separation for not having the mind of Christ. If you have the mind of Christ, which simply is to be Gods anointed, all those laws are fulfilled.

You dont have a clue what sin is nor what it is to be the righteousness of God in Christ to be in His same image and be His anointed one.

You cant know what sin is until you know who God is. Not Even Jesus could escape that fact proven in Matt 3:16 when God opened it all up to him as well as He does in us all who will.

As I stated, you do not know what sin is. It is separation form having the love of God as your own mind, that causes the sin. If you have the mind of God as you are supposed to have then sin is a non issue.

You have it all backward, and that is spawned from not recovering from God Himself that what Jesus did in Matt 3:16.

Sin is not killing, stealing, chasing the neighbors wife, that is result from that separation for not having the mind of Christ. If you have the mind of Christ, which simply is to be Gods anointed, all those laws are fulfilled.

You dont have a clue what sin is nor what it is to be the righteousness of God in Christ to be in His same image and be His anointed one.

You cant know what sin is until you know who God is. Not Even Jesus could escape that fact proven in Matt 3:16 when God opened it all up to him as well as He does in us all who will.
100% WRONG again Gary! Sin is when some one disobeys GOD's commands and by doing that, it separates them from God! Case closed Gary! Wrongful Killing & stealing & all the other evil things that people do are in FACT SINS Period! FYI Gary, GOD is Father, Son/Word & Holy Spirit/ Ghost as we baptize in that NAME of GOD ( Matt.28:19 ) and 1 John 5:7 KJV Bible shows us Gary! -------------------------------

Matthew 28:19​

New International Version​

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit -----------------------

1 John 5:7​

King James Version​

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Last edited:
100% WRONG again Gary! Sin is when some one disobeys GOD's commands

That is exactly what I told you. Sin is rejecting Gods Spirit to be in His same image, and walk as He walks in it.

The reason you cannot relate to that is because sin has you blinded and you are not that person of Christ He commends of you if you to be in Hi same image that He treats people to be in His same image. You have not discovered yet that God is a Spirit of Love and man is the temple of Him is all. You are supposed be of Him as Jesus was, perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, walk as He walks in Hi same light. Truth is,, He is not your father, you are trying to be father over Him dictating to Him who He should be, what sin should be, and you command of Him who He shuld be.

There is One that you doing not know.

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit -----------------------

Work on your reading comprehension rather than your persistent stubbornness.

All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of

All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of

All you did was to post just the scripture that I posted! FYI, it CLEARLY says in the NAME and NOT NameS! Get it?!!!! Can't you read?!

He won't even try to see it from Gods and Jesus perspective.
Yes he did not say go and make disciples according to your own beliefs. That word go means to live it, be that same example of God as Jesus was. They cannot comprehend who they are supposed to be at all.

He won't even try to see it from Gods and Jesus perspective.

Yes he did not say go and make disciples according to your own beliefs. That word go means to live it, be that same example of God as Jesus was. They cannot comprehend who they are supposed to be at all.
FYI Gary it says AS IS Name ( FSHS - Trinity ) of the One GOD and NOT Names as I correctly posted about Matt.28:19! Case closed!

Back