Juneteenth voted as federal holiday

This is what he actually said in #30...

“Oh, no. Assuming I was the same person I am now, I would most definitely have been against slavery. But, of course, we can't look at historical events as we would do them now. That would be the fallacy of anachronism. But, like Lee, I would have fought to defend my state from federal abuse.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you in favor of slavery,
I'm opposed to anyone being forced to do much of anything against their will.
more specifically, do you believe that Caucasians should have the right to keep non-Caucasians as slaves?
If the non Caucasians are being forced to work against their will, then I would be opposed to it. However, if they are voluntarily working then I'm not so sure I would be opposed to it then. I would take the same position if the roles were reversed as well, e.g. Non Caucasians enslaving Caucasians. Ultimately, it really doesn't matter what color their skin is. What matters is whether or not they've being forced to work against their will.

For example, the case of the baker who was sued for not baking a cake for a couple out in Washington State.

Do you have a point, or are you just trolling?

I've told you twice now that I am anti-slavery.

Your childish antics are getting old. I think we're getting close to having to declare Proverbs 26:4.

Are you just trying to be contrary? Liberals were the proponents of slavery. Republicans ended it.
No. Conservatives were proponents of slavery. The liberals were the abolitionists and Republicans that sought to end it.

The southern states were the ones in favor of slavery, and then they were the ones opposed to desegregation and civil rights. At first they were Democrats until the Dems supported Civil Rights, and then they became Republicans.

Some Congressmen opposed the Juneteenth holiday - all Republicans.

Most of the Congressional votes against the MLK holiday came from Republicans.

When the economy is imploding, and half the country is out of work, why not have more holidays? Just don't make them mandatory for those who still have jobs, and need to keep working to pay their bills.
Well, people with union jobs and enlightened employers get paid for holidays.

No. Conservatives were proponents of slavery. The liberals were the abolitionists and Republicans that sought to end it.

The southern states were the ones in favor of slavery, and then they were the ones opposed to desegregation and civil rights. At first they were Democrats until the Dems supported Civil Rights, and then they became Republicans.

Some Congressmen opposed the Juneteenth holiday - all Republicans.

Most of the Congressional votes against the MLK holiday came from Republicans.

“At the time of the Civil War, all slaveholders were Democrats, or at least no one has found an exception at this time. And the Democratic Party was the party of Jim Crow, as well. Although the KKK was not officially aligned with the Democratic party, it consisted of white Democrats who terrorized both white and black Republicans (mostly black ones).

“One of the rationales that some Democrats had for slavery was that blacks were unable to take care of themselves, so slavery was actually good for them. This attitude sounds reprehensible today; however, the Democratic Party still treats blacks as if they are unable to stand on their own and require a dependence on government.”

The reference to democrat views about blacks today is evidenced by Biden’s continual comments about how black people cant figure out how to do things for themselves so they need to be cared for.

It's not a contradiction because the Civil War was not fought over slavery. it was fought over the South's Constitutional right to secede from the union. It wasn't a Civil war at all. The Civil War is a misnomer.

It's against the rules to intentionally misquote someone.

So, since this is the second time you've done so, I went ahead and reported you.

It's unfortunate, too, because I thought I was being very respectful to you and answering your questions. But, if that's the way you choose to play it. I guess we'll just end it here.

It's not a contradiction because the Civil War was not fought over slavery. it was fought over the South's Constitutional right to secede from the union. It wasn't a Civil war at all. The Civil War is a misnomer.
Do you think the South was morally in the right for allowing slavery? And, if so, do you believe that the North was morally in the wrong for banning slavery?

Slave wages?
Yes, wages that are barely enough to survive on yet they have to keep working because they can't find work anywhere else. For all intents and purposes, it is no different than being a slave.
What are you a communist?
Evidently, you're more interested in me than the content of my posts. I get that a lot. Perhaps if you focused on what I'm posting instead of me, you wouldn't have to ask so many of these irrelevant questions. If you can't focus on the topic under discussion, I'll just move on. Do you have a point to make, or are you just here to play 20 questions?

Yes, wages that are barely enough to survive on yet they have to keep working because they can't find work anywhere else. For all intents and purposes, it is no different than being a slave.

Evidently, you're more interested in me than the content of my posts. I get that a lot. Perhaps if you focused on what I'm posting instead of me, you wouldn't have to ask so many of these irrelevant questions. If you can't focus on the topic under discussion, I'll just move on. Do you have a point to make, or are you just here to play 20 questions?
I've asked one question? Do I get 18 more? ???

The Republicans under Trump had four years to end slavery. Since, according to you, they didn't, does this mean that Republicans are in favour of slavery?
Trump was the first President to set up a department specifically to end human trafficking. So no, as a party Republicans are not in favor of slavery. That doesn’t mean that some of them don’t participate in trafficking. Just like Democrats. But they’re being rooted out. Trump’s team has been making great progress. Hundreds of kids being rescued, and monsters put in jail.

Back