Question for trins.

"Christ is the Holy Spirit" 2 Cor 3:17

2 Corinthians doesn't say "Christ is the Holy Spirit."

In John 14:16, it's another Comforter than the Father, which would be Jesus Himself "I will not leave you comfortless I will come to you" (John 14:18).

Not according to Trinity.
John 14:16, "kai allon" (another of the same kind). If the Father is a hypostasis, then the Son is the exact representation of hypostasis and the Holy Spirit is another hypostasis.

You are excused.

2 Corinthians doesn't say "Christ is the Holy Spirit."

Yes it does.. "The Lord (Christ) is the Spirit" (2 Cor 3:17).. "the Spirit of the living God" (2 Cor 3:3).

Not according to Trinity.
John 14:16, "kai allon" (another of the same kind). If the Father is a hypostasis, then the Son is the exact representation of hypostasis and the Holy Spirit is another hypostasis.

Not according to the Bible. It is "another Helper" than the Father. Jesus said "I will not leave you comfortless I will come to you" (John 14:18).

"We have a Helper with the Father, Jesus Christ" 1 John 2:1

"ONLY the Son truly knows the Father" Matt 11:27

You are excused.

yOu aRe eXcUsEd..

Last edited:
Is the Holy Spirit some kind of active force?
The words "Holy Spirit" are at times simply referring to God Himself. Acts 5:3-4

Other times they refer to the gift that is given to people when they choose to believe the gospel. Acts 2:38 The gift that is given to people is not a sentient being. It cannot think on its own. It "only speaks what it hears." It's the way God and the Lord Jesus Christ talk to us, or work in us.

It "only speaks what it hears." It's the way God and the Lord Jesus Christ talk to us, or work in us.

Its dont speak or hear. Only persons. "He will only speak what He hears" not "it".

By the way, dont you believe Christ is the Spirit as per 2 Cor 3:17????? :rolleyes:

The words "Holy Spirit" are at times simply referring to God Himself. Acts 5:3-4

Yeah, that's part of the Trinity framework.

Other times they refer to the gift that is given to people when they choose to believe the gospel. Acts 2:38 The gift that is given to people is not a sentient being. It cannot think on its own. It "only speaks what it hears." It's the way God and the Lord Jesus Christ talk to us, or work in us.

Do you know the difference between "person" and "being" in Trinity language?

You forgot to add Scriptures for your position.
Just read Acts 5:3-4 for what they say. Ananias and Saphira lied to the Holy Spirit. They lied to God.

Where is the scripture that says the Holy Spirit is "the Third Person of the Trinity"?

Okay, then when a Trinitarian read "only true God," does that refer to Being or Person?
When Trinitarians read "the only true God" in John 17:3, they read it as the Father being one of the "persons" of the true God.

The only true God is the Father. He is one being, one "person." One entity. He is God. God is not "multi-personal."

Just read Acts 5:3-4 for what they say. Ananias and Saphira lied to the Holy Spirit. They lied to God.

Where is the scripture that says the Holy Spirit is "the Third Person of the Trinity"?

Because the Holy Spirit is God. That's the framework. The passage doesn't need to say, "the third person of the Trinity." The Trinity doctrine is from the whole of Scriptures. Trinitarians see there being three are called God. And the Bible teaches there is one God. We don't deny the Son or the Holy Spirit as God. And we don't mix the persons like, "Holy Spirit is the Father" or "Holy Spirit is the Son." That's how the doctrine of the Trinity is understood.

When Trinitarians read "the only true God" in John 17:3, they read it as the Father being one of the "persons" of the true God.

Correct.

The Father is the true God.
The Son is the true God.
The Holy Spirit is true God.

They are not three gods, but one only true God.

The only true God is the Father. He is one being, one "person." One entity. He is God. God is not "multi-personal."

Only in Unitarianism context.

Because the Holy Spirit is God.
Exactly. God. Not a "person" of God, but God.
That's the framework. The passage doesn't need to say, "the third person of the Trinity."
It would certainly help if the Trinity was ever actually taught in the Bible..
The Trinity doctrine is from the whole of Scriptures.
The Trinity doctrine is not in the Bible at all. It's read INTO the Bible by people who were taught that God is a Trinity.
Trinitarians see there being three are called God.
The Bible says the Father is the only true God. It also says that for us there is but one God, the Father. Jesus Christ has a God, he serves his God. He was raised from the dead by his God.
And the Bible teaches there is one God.
Agreed. Yahweh alone is God.

We don't deny the Son or the Holy Spirit as God.
I'm familiar with the verses you use to assert that Jesus Christ is God, but where do you get the idea that the Holy Spirit is a separate "person" of God?

And we don't mix the persons like, "Holy Spirit is the Father" or "Holy Spirit is the Son." That's how the doctrine of the Trinity is understood.
I'm very familiar with the doctrine.

Correct.

The Father is the true God.
The Son is the true God.
The Holy Spirit is true God.

They are not three gods, but one only true God.
The Bible says the Father is the only true God. It says Jesus Christ is a man.

Only in Unitarianism context.
The Bible is completely Unitarian.

IOW The Holy Spirit is God.

Exactly. God. Not a "person" of God, but God.

It would certainly help if the Trinity was ever actually taught in the Bible..

The Trinity doctrine is not in the Bible at all. It's read INTO the Bible by people who were taught that God is a Trinity.

The Bible says the Father is the only true God. It also says that for us there is but one God, the Father. Jesus Christ has a God, he serves his God. He was raised from the dead by his God.

Agreed. Yahweh alone is God.

I'm familiar with the verses you use to assert that Jesus Christ is God, but where do you get the idea that the Holy Spirit is a separate "person" of God?

I'm very familiar with the doctrine.

The Bible says the Father is the only true God. It says Jesus Christ is a man.

The Bible is completely Unitarian.
Only a Person can be God.

What about Matt 11:27? That's the one I'd use. :rolleyes:

Do you agree??

Matt 11:27
“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
"...and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

Back