RCs like a work based salvation

rewards are earned
payments are earned
gifts are unearned
Not all "rewards are earned". I didn't do any work in my birth but I'm rewarded with my mother's love.
Grace is unearned, yet God mercifully increases grace those that do good works.
"But whatever in the justified
precedes or follows
the free gift of faith
is neither the basis of justification
nor merits it."

-The Vatican
//www.christianunity.va/content/unitacristiani/en/dialoghi/sezione-occidentale/luterani/dialogo/documenti-di-dialogo/1999-dichiarazione-congiunta-sulla-dottrina-della-giustificazion/en.html
I'm not arguing whether or not one can be justified without the grace of of faith. I'm arguing whether works can merit, whether works are fitting, whether works can increase faith and whether or not works are a requirement of a faith that justifies.

JoeT

So what must you do that you may enter into the Kingdom of Heaven?.
perfect the grace of justification insofar as we [Matthew 5:48; Colossians 3:14]

"That you may walk worthy of God, in all things pleasing; being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God:" [Colossians 1:10]

To be perfect simple means is to be without want insofar as it attains its proper end, wherein perfection in the Catholic Christian life consists of charity. [after St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologiae, II, II Q184]

JoeT

Jesus told us to, "Enter through the narrow gate...but the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life and there are few who find it."

Walking is a work so, so how can one enter through the narrow gate and walk down the narrow road without working?
Where doe the Scripture say anything about walking through the gate or down the narrow way? Where does the Scripture mention a road in that passage?

Grace is unearned, yet God mercifully increases grace those that do good works.
Another Catholic idea that is nowhere found in the Scriptures. What we do find, however, is that the grace of God increased where sin increased.

The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom. 5:20–21)

Sorry I must have missed the notification for your response. As rightly pointed out from the catechism they are, post 137. If something must be done it is a works. Funny most other RCs seem to be happy with them as works.
Should you pray?

Back