Regeneration MUST Precede Faith ...

That is contrary to the OP:
No, it's not, and I explained to you why earlier. Look, I have an atheist sitting right next to me. He just said. "Jesus is Lord." He's still an atheist. Compare that to James 2:19.

Think, PG.

Let me know if you're still having difficulty understanding.

Last edited:
The OP stands. No one calls Jesus Lord except by the Spirit. Except Provisionists, they truly are choice meat.
If you think that you fully understand 1 Cor 12:3, then try answering this question that Howie has yet to respond to:

So tell us how the spiritual gift mentioned in the verse you cited in your OP (1 Cor 12:3) can possibly be viewed as regeneration, and that you're not conflating that spiritual gift with regeneration?

If you think that you fully understand 1 Cor 12:3, then try answering this question that Howie has yet to respond to:

So tell us how the spiritual gift mentioned in the verse you cited in your OP (1 Cor 12:3) can possibly be viewed as regeneration, and that you're not conflating that spiritual gift with regeneration?
First if all, I never said 1 Cor 12:3 is regeneration. That's a straw man.

Oh, I should answer your question? Or should I dodge and evade for days??

First, it's not my OP.

No one said anything about regeneration. I didn't. I am simply saying you don't understand the things of God nor call Christ Lord without the Spirit.

Perhaps you should address this to Howie. It would help if you recorded your question. It's confusing

First if all, I never said 1 Cor 12:3 is regeneration. That's a straw man.
So then why does your title claim that Regeneration must precede faith and for support you submitted a verse that has nothing with regeneration?

So then why does your title claim that Regeneration must precede faith and for support you submitted a verse that has nothing with regeneration?
Because the dead are hostile to God and cannot please God (Rom 8:6-8); therefore, they will not, nay, they CANNOT say, "Jesus is Lord."

No one can, "except by the Spirit."

Thrrefore, regeneration must precede faith.

Because the dead are hostile to God and cannot please God (Rom 8:6-8); therefore, they will not, nay, they CANNOT say, "Jesus is Lord."

No one can, "except by the Spirit."

Thrrefore, regeneration must precede faith.
First of all, Paul includes himself in Rom 8:6 by declaring he is carnal (Rom 7:14). And Paul has recorded many times in scripture that Jesus is Lord. So your idea that Rom 8:6-8 supports your regeneration before faith theory crashes and burns.

As for 1Cor 12:3, you yourself said that it's not regeneration, so you can't use that verse also.

Salvific belief before regeneration continues to stand tall.

No, it's not, and I explained to you why earlier. Look, I have an atheist sitting right next to me. He just said. "Jesus is Lord." He's still an atheist. Compare that to James 2:19.
Right; regeneration not required. Yet OP states:
[quote}Regeneration MUST Precede Faith ...
1 Cor 12:3 ... ... no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit ...
[/quote]

First of all, Paul includes himself in Rom 8:6 by declaring he is carnal (Rom 7:14).
You know I disagree, but Ok.

And Paul has recorded many times in scripture that Jesus is Lord.
Yes, as a believer, and as an apostle writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit -- your point?

So your idea that Rom 8:6-8 supports your regeneration before faith theory crashes and burns.
How?

As for 1Cor 12:3, you yourself said that it's not regeneration, so you can't use that verse also.
But I have used the verse, so your statement is obviously false.

Salvific belief before regeneration continues to stand tall.
No Spirit, no ability to believe the Gospel (1 Cor 12:3), still stands unrefuted -- face it, you're attempting to refute Scripture. ?

No Spirit, no ability to believe the Gospel (1 Cor 12:3), still stands unrefuted -- face it, you're attempting to refute Scripture. ?
Is the person "speaking by the Spirit" and who says "that Jesus is Lord" regenerated?

Chapters 12-14 are all about spiritual gifts. Which gift is 1 Cor 12:3 referring to when it says "speaking by the Spirit of God"?
Prophesy / Word of Knowledge. You are aware that the "Gifts" were active in the OLD TESTAMENT also, aren't you???

Is the person "speaking by the Spirit" and who says "that Jesus is Lord" regenerated?
Not necessarily. Folks manifested the GIFTS regularly in the Old Testament, back when being indwelled by the Holy SPirit was impossible.

"Regeneration" is a Calvinist "Buzz word" that they define differently than other paradigms do.

Back