The atheist delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure it is, because if you were referring to me in and with your post, then you were denoting me and my argument. Understand?
i didn't however, create a false representation of your argument.
So it's not feigned ignorance?
You really don't know what a belief is.

Last edited:
i didn't however, create a false representation of your argument.
So it's not feigned ignorance?
You really don't know what a belief is.

Sure I do. I believe that justified true beliefs define my knowledge of the truth and reality.

What do you believe belief is?

Last edited:
Sure I do. I believe that justified true beliefs define our knowledge of the truth and reality.

What do you believe belief is?

You still don't know what a belief is, do you?

Have you figured out how to look up the word in a dictionary yet? Or is that too difficult for you?

You still don't know what a belief is, do you?

Have you figured out how to look up the word in a dictionary yet? Or is that too difficult for you?

Strawman and evasion.

I believe that justified true beliefs define my knowledge of the truth and reality.

And if you believe something else defines your knowledge other than justified true beliefs, then post it here so we can all see what defined your knowledge.

Strawman and evasion.

I believe that justified true beliefs define my knowledge of the truth and reality.

And if you believe something else defines your knowledge other than justified true beliefs, then post it here so we can all see what defined your knowledge.

Wow, you really ate determined not to learn what a belief is, aren't you.

We're you never taught how to use a dictionary at school?

Wow, you really ate determined not to learn what a belief is, aren't you.

We're you never taught how to use a dictionary at school?

Strawman, evasion and projection.

Being in a dictionary doesn't mean that a word describes and denotes the truth or reality.
Does the word "false belief" describe or denote the truth and reality?

Again, if you believe something else defines your knowledge other than justified true beliefs, then post it here so we can all see what defines your knowledge.

Being in a dictionary doesn't mean that a word describes and denotes the truth or reality.

Again, if you believe something else defines your knowledge other than justified true beliefs, then post it here so we can all see what defines your knowledge.

Lol. You don't know how to use a dictionary, do you?

You have a false belief that false beliefs are not real. We have a justified true belief that your inability to distinguish what is true from what is believed to be true, stems from your false belief that everything you believe is true.

You have a false belief that false beliefs are not real. We have a justified true belief that your inability to distinguish what is true from what is believed to be true, stems from your false belief that everything you believe is true.
Tercon also has an unbelieving mind, lacking the belief that false beliefs are real.

Poor blighter...

You have a false belief that false beliefs are not real.

Pure nonsense of the silliest form. Actually the one who believes "false beliefs" are real has the "false belief".

We have a justified true belief that your inability to distinguish what is true from what is believed to be true, stems from your false belief that everything you believe is true.

How do you know the difference between what is "true from what is believed to be true"?

Pure nonsense of the silliest form. Actually the one who believes "false beliefs" are real has the "false belief".
Says the one with a false belief.
How do you know the difference between what is "true from what is believed to be true"?
Through justification, that is evidence that supports belief. Belief by itself doesn't do it because that belief might be false.

Lol. You don't know how to use a dictionary, do you?

Strawman.

Do you believe that words listed in dictionaries always describe and denote the truth or reality?

Do you believe that the phrase "false belief" describes or denotes the truth and reality?

Last edited:
Says the one with a false belief.

Strawman. Says the one who believes "false beliefs are real" beliefs. It's always easy to see the one who has the "false belief" in this case. because they are the ones who believe that "false beliefs are real" beliefs.

Through justification, that is evidence that supports belief. Belief by itself doesn't do it because that belief might be false.

What makes you know a belief is a justified true belief? I gave you a hint; can you see it.

Strawman.

Do you believe that words listed in dictionaries always describe and denote the truth or reality?

Do you believe that the phrase "false belief" describes or denotes the truth and reality?

Dictionaries are where the true meanings of words are written down. You should look up the word belief and attempt to understand it. If you don't then you'll keep using the word incorrectly, you'll continue to spout nonsense because you don't know what belief actually is.

Do you like making yourself look like a complete fool?

Strawman. Says the one who believes "false beliefs are real" beliefs. It's always easy to see the one who has the "false belief" in this case. because they are the ones who believe that "false beliefs are real" beliefs.

What makes you know a belief is a justified true belief? I gave you a hint; can you see it.
You think that a belief is automatically a justified and true belief? Don't you see those two other words? Do you know what they mean, and what their opposite is? A belief may be justified by evidence supporting it, or it may be unjustified with no evidence at all. A belief, whether justified or not, may be true or it may be untrue. The class of justified true beliefs make up knowledge. Knowledge consists of facts that are believed to be true AND have evidence to support that belief AND are actually true. You cannot short circuit reality by claiming that all beliefs are justified and true. In fact we KNOW that not all beliefs have evidence to support them and that not all beliefs are true. This is a fact, an item of knowledge that is believed to be true, is supported by evidence and actually is true. All you have for your position is your belief, which has no evidence, and is not true.

Dictionaries are where the true meanings of words are written down. You should look up the word belief and attempt to understand it. If you don't then you'll keep using the word incorrectly, you'll continue to spout nonsense because you don't know what belief actually is.
Do you like making yourself look like a complete fool?

Being listed in a dictionary has nothing to do with something being true or existing in reality.

Here a few words that are listed in dictionaries:

"False Beliefs: a misconception resulting from incorrect reasoning."

"FALSE BELIEF: has a wide range of potential definitions mostly dependent on the application to real-life. For example, in an psychological application, false beliefs are internal cognitive representations which have no basis in reality."

"Leprechaun: a mischievous elf of Irish folklore usually believed to reveal the hiding place of treasure if caught."

Actually it's quite disturbing to watch people pretend that "false beliefs" are real beliefs in reality; in order to just cover for the shear inadequacy of their own worldview. But what can I do when people like you are willing to embrace their unbelief (atheism) as a worldview, rather than something that has at least a possibility to be true in reality.

Being listed in a dictionary has nothing to do with something being true or existing in reality.

Here a few words that are listed in dictionaries:

"False Beliefs: a misconception resulting from incorrect reasoning."

"FALSE BELIEF: has a wide range of potential definitions mostly dependent on the application to real-life. For example, in an psychological application, false beliefs are internal cognitive representations which have no basis in reality."

"Leprechaun: a mischievous elf of Irish folklore usually believed to reveal the hiding place of treasure if caught."

Actually it's quite disturbing to watch people pretend that "false beliefs" are real beliefs in reality; in order to just cover for the shear inadequacy of their own worldview. But what can I do when people like you are willing to embrace their unbelief (atheism) as a worldview, rather than something that has at least a possibility to be true in reality.
Frankly, you are in a very poor position to make any judgements about what is true in reality.

You think that a belief is automatically a justified and true belief? Don't you see those two other words? Do you know what they mean, and what their opposite is?

Strawman. I believe that justified true beliefs are real beliefs that relate to the truth and reality. If you think that "false belief are real" beliefs, then you need to provide more evidence than a dictionary definition of "belief", because sane people don't regards "false beliefs" as real belief. But sane people consider and define justified true beliefs as knowledge of the truth and reality.

A belief may be justified by evidence supporting it,

You mean like real beliefs as in justified true beliefs?

or it may be unjustified with no evidence at all. A belief, whether justified or not, may be true or it may be untrue.

You mean like "false beliefs"?

The class of justified true beliefs make up knowledge.

Yes, all justified true beliefs are real beliefs that make up knowledge of the truth and reality.

Knowledge consists of facts that are believed to be true AND have evidence to support that belief AND are actually true.

Yes, justified true beliefs make up the truth and reality. And all other notions are considered "false belief" and fake beliefs, that have nothing to do with the truth and reality.

You cannot short circuit reality by claiming that all beliefs are justified and true.
In fact we KNOW that not all beliefs have evidence to support them and that not all beliefs are true. This is a fact, an item of knowledge that is believed to be true, is supported by evidence and actually is true. All you have for your position is your belief, which has no evidence, and is not true.

Strawman. No, I am the one claiming that all justified true beliefs are real beliefs and represent reality. You are the one suggesting that "false beliefs are" real belief in reality.

Frankly, you are in a very poor position to make any judgements about what is true in reality.

Strawman and projection. And says the one who thinks their "false beliefs are real" beliefs that represent the truth and reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back