The Book of Mormon

If you think "Wikipedia" is a valid source, no wonder you have so many false beliefs.
Anyone who quotes "Wikipedia" in my class gets an automatic failure.

If you want to argue that the BIBLE teaches a "flat Earth", maybe you should try quoting the BIBLE, rather than "Wikipedia".

You might want to also learn a little bit about Eratosthenes, who in the 3rd century B.C. very accurately calculated the CIRCUMFERENCE of your "flat Earth"

You haven't demonstrated that they actually BELIEVED in a "flat earth".
All you're doing is quoting proof-texts that MODERN "flat-earthers" use today.

Do better.
I dont have to do better. You have to provide the evidence that contradicts the evidence that I provide. A simple "Uh-uh" isn't a valid response.

Do better.

I dont have to do better. You have to provide the evidence that contradicts the evidence that I provide. A simple "Uh-uh" isn't a valid response.

Do better.

If you want to show that the BIBLE teaches a "flat earth", then you need to quote the BIBLE, not "Wikipedia".

Wikipedia is not the Bible.
I'm sorry you are so confused.

Chuckle, chuckle, but your church does teach these things. And I have done my own research using Mormon writings, including the writings of JS, Jr. and the BoM.

Then why can't you--or anyone else--list what they find in the Book of Mormon--which isn't Christian theology, or isn't also found in the Biblical text--as far as salvational doctrines go?

Well, you certainly swallowed your church's lies hook, line, sinker, bait, and boat! NOTHING was lost. Jesus said the gates of Hades/Hell would not prevail against His church, which means it would never die.

Then why did the Reformers feel a need to start new denominations with a different theology?

If you want to show that the BIBLE teaches a "flat earth", then you need to quote the BIBLE, not "Wikipedia".

Wikipedia is not the Bible.
I'm sorry you are so confused.
I'm not confused but my statement still stands. I don't care that you refuse to accept the evidence that I provided. But you are still obligated to provide contradictory evidence to counter my claim.

What teachings from Satan??? All the false teachings of Mormonism....

1. Jesus and Satan are actual brothers in the pre-mortal spirit existence.
You call this a teaching from Satan? how does Satan gain from this if its taught?

2. God was not always God but was a man who had to learn how to become a god
How is this considered a unrighteous teaching? or Satan Teaching? Who would not want to learn how to become gods?
How does this help Satan?

3. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three separate gods.

4. We are saved by grace "after all that we do."
How does this help Satan? Why would he want us to do good?

5. We are saved by grace through faith plus obeying Mormon teachings.
Mormon Teachings, how are they evil if they teach that we should love our neighbor...

6. Three separate, named levels of heaven and who goes to each after death

7. The necessity of building dozens of temples, and furnishing them lavishly and expensively in which to....

8. Perform the Temple Endowment ceremony, which includes showing butchered and perverted versions of the Creation and Fall stories from Genesis, in a video.

9. Man can become gods and creators of worlds and populate them with their own spirit children.
10. JS, Jr. was a prophet sent by God.

All of these are false teachings and all false teachings are lies--who is the father of lies, Richard?

These shall do as starters. Others on here can chime in, in case I forgot some. :)
If false and yet the fruits therein are good, how does Satan gain in all of this...name one of any of the above and show us how evil they are.

If you think "Wikipedia" is a valid source, no wonder you have so many false beliefs.
Anyone who quotes "Wikipedia" in my class gets an automatic failure.
Why would anyone attend? someone who doesn't even follow the scriptures or have a ounce of understanding... hmmm

If you want to argue that the BIBLE teaches a "flat Earth", maybe you should try quoting the BIBLE, rather than "Wikipedia".

You might want to also learn a little bit about Eratosthenes, who in the 3rd century B.C. very accurately calculated the CIRCUMFERENCE of your "flat Earth"

You haven't demonstrated that they actually BELIEVED in a "flat earth".
All you're doing is quoting proof-texts that MODERN "flat-earthers" use today.

Do better.

What teachings from Satan??? All the false teachings of Mormonism....

1. Jesus and Satan are actual brothers in the pre-mortal spirit existence.
But since you don't believe in the pre-existence, how can this be problem for you? And does the book of Job start of with Satan in heaven?
2. God was not always God but was a man who had to learn how to become a god
And does this mean that you don't believe that Christ was the Son of God? Or that Paul was teaching false doctrine when he said that Christ learned obedience by the things he suffered? Or that John was teaching false doctrine when he said the as Christ grew up, he grew in favor with both God and man?
3. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three separate gods.
Its what the Bible teaches. Unless you believe that Christ and the apostles failed to teach us enough about God and it required a council convened by a pagan emperor to solve a political crisis and tell us the truth that Christ and the apostles never taught?
4. We are saved by grace "after all that we do."
Maybe you should realize that this is written in early modern English and may not mean what you want it to mean.
5. We are saved by grace through faith plus obeying Mormon teachings.
Most Mormon teaching are in the Bible. We are saved by grace. But if I am to obey the commandment to follow Christ, I must do as he did. Or else how can I say that I am following Christ. And all of that is contained in the Bible.
6. Three separate, named levels of heaven and who goes to each after death
And this is a bad thing? To know that we don't receive an infinite punishment for a finite sin. And didn't Christ say that there were many mansion in his Father's house?
7. The necessity of building dozens of temples, and furnishing them lavishly and expensively in which to....
That should be hundreds of temples. And how is this be a benefit to Satan? In the temple we are taught to obey God and to follow Christ. Is that also a doctrine of Satan?
8. Perform the Temple Endowment ceremony, which includes showing butchered and perverted versions of the Creation and Fall stories from Genesis, in a video.
What exactly is your objection here? That we teach that God created the earth? that the Garden of Eden was where God placed Adam and Eve? That they fell because they disobeyed God and partook of the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil? How does teaching about the creation benefit Satan? I thought Evolution was from Satan?
9. Man can become gods and creators of worlds and populate them with their own spirit children.
Then tell me what did John mean when he wrote in Revelation that we would be able to sit on the throne with Christ and God the Father? Do you understand what it meant to the ancient people when someone sat on the throne?
10. JS, Jr. was a prophet sent by God.
And if he wasn't how is God to call a prophet today? And how are you going to recognize the two prophets spoken of in Revelation? You do believe that God will call more prophets? At least John believe that he would.
All of these are false teachings and all false teachings are lies--who is the father of lies, Richard?
You seem to be the mother of lies based on what you have posted here.
These shall do as starters. Others on here can chime in, in case I forgot some. :)

You call this a teaching from Satan? how does Satan gain from this if its taught?

How is this considered a unrighteous teaching? or Satan Teaching? Who would not want to learn how to become gods?

Mormon Teachings, how are they evil if they teach that we should love our neighbor...

If false and yet the fruits therein are good, how does Satan gain in all of this...name one of any of the above and show us how evil they are.
It’s false doctrine that leads people away from Christ. That’s what satan wants.

I'm not confused but my statement still stands. I don't care that you refuse to accept the evidence that I provided. But you are still obligated to provide contradictory evidence to counter my claim.
Not really, our critics tend to lead with their opinions and rarely follow through.

It’s false doctrine that leads people away from Christ. That’s what satan wants.

Mag--I'm still waiting on you--or any critic here--to list what you find in the Book of Mormon--which isn't Christian theology--as far as salvational doctrines go?

While you are at it--please list what you find in the Book of Mormon--which isn't also found in the Biblical text--as far as salvational doctrines go.

Isn't it a little strange to anyone--the critics here have not found one single thing they can list--other than ---"I've already done that"?

Mag--I'm still waiting on you--or any critic here--to list what you find in the Book of Mormon--which isn't Christian theology--as far as salvational doctrines go?

While you are at it--please list what you find in the Book of Mormon--which isn't also found in the Biblical text--as far as salvational doctrines go.

Isn't it a little strange to anyone--the critics here have not found one single thing they can list--other than ---"I've already done that"?
Strange but expected

Most people that follow the Book of Mormon insist it is more valuable than God's Word in the Bible which is Satan's goal

Satan knows that wanting to be god is a sin and that's what Satan wants us to do

Actually the D&C tells us to avenge our neighbors

And inasmuch as mine enemies come against you ... ye shall curse them; And whomsoever ye curse, I will curse, and ye shall avenge me of mine enemies (Doctrine and Covenants, 103:24-25).

And again, verily I say, whomsoever you bless I will bless, and whomsoever you curse I will curse, saith the Lord; for I, the Lord, am thy God” Doctrine and Covenants 132:47

So you know what Satan wants, even though our Church provides good fruits... chuckle. So satan want you and others to join so you can be kind to others, serve others, love thy neighbor etc, etc.... wow! Never thought Satan wanted anything good...

Satan knows that wanting to be god is a sin and that's what Satan wants us to do

Actually the D&C tells us to avenge our neighbors

And inasmuch as mine enemies come against you ... ye shall curse them; And whomsoever ye curse, I will curse, and ye shall avenge me of mine enemies (Doctrine and Covenants, 103:24-25).

And again, verily I say, whomsoever you bless I will bless, and whomsoever you curse I will curse, saith the Lord; for I, the Lord, am thy God” Doctrine and Covenants 132:47
So you and others think Satan wants good fruits, chuckle.... like love thy neighbor, serve others, feed the poor and be loving and kind to our wives or husbands.... hmm

So you know what Satan wants, even though our Church provides good fruits... chuckle. So satan want you and others to join so you can be kind to others, serve others, love thy neighbor etc, etc.... wow! Never thought Satan wanted anything good...
Neither did I, until I realized what he’s actually doing in the temple ceremony when he looks you in the eye and threatens you into obedience to your covenants. Now why would satan want you to obey Christ? Unless the temple covenants, and mormonism, didn’t come from Christ?

You remember the wolves in sheep’s clothing Christ told us about, don’t you? Hiding under an apparent cloak of righteousness and good works. But deceiving even the very elect, leading them down a path away from Christ.

Still waiting.

Back