The Climate Is So Bad..........

as I said, I can easily cite any of the 100% of legitimate scientific bodies on the planet to support my position

you people obviously won’t accept that

all you have is your ignorance of the basic science

Bla bla bla. Same stupidity. Different day. 97% agree with me crap.

A hotter planet is going to adversely impact on nearly every aspect of human society including agriculture, health [as disease vectors move into new areas] infrastructure, economies, with potential resource wars over basics like water, mass migration as people move out of areas that are no longer habitable, and of course the environment.

The point being it has been warmer and much cooler. My point stands.

Translation, the hysterical loonie global warming nut has nothing.
I've just encountered a real-life "Cranky Uncle"!:ROFLMAO:

Let me ask a question if I may. If man were not warming the planet what should the climate be like as we speak?
That is an unknown.
Also, given the planet is billions of years old what is a " normal climate" supposed to be like?
A stupid question that ignores the reality of our present situation.

A hotter planet is going to adversely impact on nearly every aspect of human society including agriculture, health [as disease vectors move into new areas] infrastructure, economies, with potential resource wars over basics like water, mass migration as people move out of areas that are no longer habitable, and of course the environment.

I've just encountered a real-life "Cranky Uncle"!:ROFLMAO:

That is an unknown.

A stupid question that ignores the reality of our present situation.
Unknown? Lol How do uou know ots abnormal then?

Stupid because you have no idea. Neither does anyone else.

Unknown? Lol How do uou know ots abnormal then?
We are seeing what is happening to the planet and how that is going adversely impact on human society. Bear in mind there are some 8 billion of us on this planet.
Stupid because you have no idea. Neither does anyone else.
Climate change can be assessed by a variety of scientific disciplines including meteorology and atmospheric chemistry, through geochemistry, oceanography, and ecology. Core sampling for example, gives us indications of the climate at different periods in the earth's history.

We are seeing what is happening to the planet and how that is going adversely impact on human society. Bear in mind there are some 8 billion of us on this planet.

Climate change can be assessed by a variety of scientific disciplines including meteorology and atmospheric chemistry, through geochemistry, oceanography, and ecology. Core sampling for example, gives us indications of the climate at different periods in the earth's history.
Great. That does not address my question.

That's great. That does not yell me what a normal climate looks like.

Because you think something is a fact doesn’t make it so.
Flat earthers believe the earth is flat but their naive belief doesn’t make the earth flat
Oh for goodness sake. Do you imagine there is some global conspiracy among scientists determined to pretend that these events are occurring?

In the past 90 years the earth has been hotter than at any other period in the last millennium and in the past few decades that warming has dramatically accelerated. Data from 2002 showed that nineteen of the hottest years on record occurred between 1980 and the late 1990s and as recorded in the early years of this millennium the earth was warmer than it had been for 90% of its 4.6 billion year history.

This rising temperature trend in not a mere climatic blip nor can it be explained entirely by variations in the output of the sun [as some would like to do]; although the sun clearly does have a significant effect on this planet's climate. What we are seeing is over two centuries of pollution which is enclosing the planet in an insulating blanket of carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and various other greenhouse gases. As perm-frost melts as a result of increased temperatures [buildings in Siberia are showing cracks as the ground beneath them melts] more methane is released into the atmosphere.

Positive feedback is something that is happening and while the planet will not be entirely ice-free; what our children and grand-children are facing is lethal heatwaves and where temperatures in excess of 50°C [122°F] in the tropics are unexceptional; a world where winters at temperate latitudes have dwindled to virtually nothing; and baking hot summers will become normal. Where the oceans will have heated [possibly to the point of no return] and temperatures in the Arctic circle of 30°C+ [86°F+] will be unremarkable.

It is a fact. That you do not accept it does not alter that fact.
Accept your arbitrary conclusion?

We know that coral has been impacted by natural events. You are arbitrarily blaming humans. I'm not saying they didn't cause issue. I am saying your sample to too small to know otherwise.

Arbitrary choices are modern liberal's "facts".

as I said, I can easily cite any of the 100% of legitimate scientific bodies on the planet to support my position

you people obviously won’t accept that

all you have is your ignorance of the basic science

They are no more accurate than thousands of newspaper articles from history past. There are good people using this evidence to battle your false claims. Your arbitrary choices are not facts.

Climate change is a fact

have you ever wondered why right-wing Christians embrace anti-intellectualism?

That is a lie. I embrace Science. I was taught by Science to be a skeptic. That was the "cornerstone" principle of Science when I was a young man.

NOW, all you have to do to prove a point is to find someone who agrees with you.

Last edited:
Accept your arbitrary conclusion?

We know that coral has been impacted by natural events. You are arbitrarily blaming humans. I'm not saying they didn't cause issue. I am saying your sample to too small to know otherwise.

Arbitrary choices are modern liberal's "facts".
That was one example. I will repeat what I wrote above to another contributor.

In the past 90 years the earth has been hotter than at any other period in the last millennium and in the past few decades that warming has dramatically accelerated. Data from 2002 showed that nineteen of the hottest years on record occurred between 1980 and the late 1990s and as recorded in the early years of this millennium the earth was warmer than it had been for 90% of its 4.6 billion year history.

This rising temperature trend in not a mere climatic blip nor can it be explained entirely by variations in the output of the sun [as some would like to do]; although the sun clearly does have a significant effect on this planet's climate. What we are seeing is over two centuries of pollution which is enclosing the planet in an insulating blanket of carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and various other greenhouse gases. As perm-frost melts as a result of increased temperatures [buildings in Siberia are showing cracks as the ground beneath them melts] more methane is released into the atmosphere.

Positive feedback is something that is happening and while the planet will not be entirely ice-free; what our children and grand-children are facing is lethal heatwaves and where temperatures in excess of 50°C [122°F] in the tropics are unexceptional; a world where winters at temperate latitudes have dwindled to virtually nothing; and baking hot summers will become normal. Where the oceans will have heated [possibly to the point of no return] and temperatures in the Arctic circle of 30°C+ [86°F+] will be unremarkable.

Do you want to dismiss any of that?

That was one example. I will repeat what I wrote above to another contributor.

In the past 90 years the earth has been hotter than at any other period in the last millennium

Lies. You can't know this. All you can do is sample small data sets within a vast amount of time. It is very arrogant of you to claim you know all there is to know over a 1000 year period.

Thanks

and in the past few decades that warming has dramatically accelerated. Data from 2002 showed that nineteen of the hottest years on record occurred between 1980 and the late 1990s and as recorded in the early years of this millennium the earth was warmer than it had been for 90% of its 4.6 billion year history.

Lies. We have historical evidence to prove this is not true. We have them from newspaper articles and written records that your "scientist" can't manipulate. The data you're reference is manipulated data. The raw data is not being used because it was arbitrarily discarded.

I'll stop here and let you "catch up".

Lies. You can't know this. All you can do is sample small data sets within a vast amount of time. It is very arrogant of you to claim you know all there is to know over a 1000 year period.
From research involving sampling [including sea sediment] experts can identify the climate over a prolonged period.
Lies. We have historical evidence to prove this is not true.
What is not true? And what historical evidence are you citing?

We have them from newspaper articles and written records that your "scientist" can't manipulate. T
What written records?
The data you're reference is manipulated data.
On what evidence?
The raw data is not being used because it was arbitrarily discarded.
On what evidence?

Thanks

Lies. We have historical evidence to prove this is not true. We have them from newspaper articles and written records that your "scientist" can't manipulate. The data you're reference is manipulated data. The raw data is not being used because it was arbitrarily discarded.

I'll stop here and let you "catch up".
We get it

You think all of the world’s scientists are lying to us about climate change

scientists from every country and every political position

I think that’s absurd

the motivations of the climate deniers are obvious and their dishonesty is clear to anyone that fact-checks them

Back