The Covenant in the Blood of Christ

Arkycharlie

Matthew 26:26-28
Now while they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you;
28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

The covenant in the blood of Christ is referenced multiple times on the NT. However, it is also referenced multiple times in the OT. Understanding the OT references is absolutely crucial to a right understanding of perhaps the most significant covenant in Scripture!

The necessary hermeneutical tools to find them are literal interpretation and allowing Scripture to interpret Scripture. The ability to work with the text in the original language is a distinct advantage! I can assure anyone who may read this that misunderstanding this covenant will almost guarantee a significant misunderstanding of the chronology of the events leading up to the great tribulation. I’m betting that no one here can connect the OT dots necessary for a right understanding of this covenant. Prove me wrong and I will be most impressed!

Arkycharlie

I perceive a good deal of ignorance in this forum. Would anyone agree that the covenant with many in Daniel 9:27 is the covenant in the blood of Messiah?

Keraz

I perceive a good deal of ignorance in this forum. Would anyone agree that the covenant with many in Daniel 9:27 is the covenant in the blood of Messiah?
No.
Because the agreement in Daniel 9:27 is not a Covenant, as many Bibles mis-translate. It will be a seven year treaty of peace between the leader of the soon the be established One World Govt and the leaders of the new nation in all of the holy Land.
Proved by how God does not make His Covenants for fixed time periods. Especially for just 7 years.

The 'many', are a reference to the people who will violate the real Covenant with God, as prophesied in Daniel 11:32
Also referred to in Isaiah 28:14-15

How do you define 'ignorance'? Don't you just mean those who disagree with you?

Arkycharlie

Proved by how God does not make His Covenants for fixed time periods. Especially for just 7 years.
I won't define ignorance but will assert that your post is a great example of it.

Did the age of grace have a beginning and will it have an end? Is the covenant in the blood of Christ the basis for the age of grace? Is there a reference to that covenant it in the OT?

You were conspicuously silent in responding to my response to your last post in my "The Seventy Weeks of Daniel" thread because you had no response to give, as it was clearly over your head. Nobody has responded to that post (with the "Table of English Translations of Daniel 9:26) because no one fully understands it or can intelligently refute it. That makes me very reluctant to waste any more time on the subject around here.

Keraz

Genesis 9:16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”
Genesis 17:19 Then God said, “Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him.

Then Jesus showed how He has done His part of a New Covenant, Luke 22:20, which will be cut between Him and His people, when they all go to live in all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:25-31, Isaiah 61:8
To be fulfilled when Jesus Returns.

Daniel 9:27 is NOT a covenant, proved by how that treaty is broken at the mid point.

Its a shame that you respond so negatively. No one has a full understanding of the Prophesies,
I did reply to your thread on the 70 weeks. Your rude and dismissive response killed any normal discussion.