The doctrine of election

Carbon

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about election. I can see many hate the doctrine. Many have denied and denounced it. These are those who deny original sin and free willers. To deny this doctrine is to deny that men “are by nature children of wrath”

I believe it is important to understand this biblical doctrine correctly. I know there will be those who will try and twist it and throw nonsense posts at it. Haha to be expected.
But I challenge those who deny this biblical doctrine and are trying to teach a different gospel to use scripture.

It would probably be in the deniers best interest to not use scriptures which teach the gospel call, like Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

As these do not deny divine election, it just shows the way God gathers His elect with the good news.

This biblical doctrine contemplates the whole human race as fallen in Adam, as by nature totally depraved, and justly exposed to eternal punishment.
But if such is not the condition of men, if they are not fallen, totally depraved, and exposed to the just penalty of God’s law, the doctrine would then, of course be false.

So, whoever would like to add and or challenge. Please do.

Forward……

You must prove your premise is even a biblical one first of all on “ election “

1- you must define it
2- you must substantiate it with scripture after there is an agreed upon definition .

hope this helps !!!

This doctrine of election teaches, that God, for the glory of His name, proposed from eternity to renew, justify, sanctify and save, through Jesus Christ, a multitude of people of the human race, and to pass by others, leaving them the willing slaves of sin, and to punish them for their sin.

I know at this point many will choke on this solid meat.

This doctrine of election teaches, that God, for the glory of His name, proposed from eternity to renew, justify, sanctify and save, through Jesus Christ, a multitude of people of the human race, and to pass by others, leaving them the willing slaves of sin, and to punish them for their sin.

I know at this point many will choke on this solid meat.
Scriptures ?

Scriptures ?
Roman’s 8,
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

Here I’ll give you something you can try to explain away. We can go as deep as you like

Roman’s 8,
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

Here I’ll give you something you can try to explain away. We can go as deep as you like
I didn’t see election there , did I miss it somewhere?

I didn’t see election there , did I miss it somewhere?
Oh I get it now. You need every detail explained to you? I was hoping you would be a little more advanced. Guess you’re just going to have to continue to be patient. If you pay attention it may come together for you in time.

This biblical doctrine contemplates the whole human race as fallen in Adam, as by nature totally depraved, and justly exposed to eternal punishment.
But if such is not the condition of men, if they are not fallen, totally depraved, and exposed to the just penalty of God’s law, the doctrine would then, of course be false.
For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Cor 15.

Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—
Rom 5.

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about election. I can see many hate the doctrine. Many have denied and denounced it. These are those who deny original sin and free willers. To deny this doctrine is to deny that men “are by nature children of wrath”

I believe it is important to understand this biblical doctrine correctly. I know there will be those who will try and twist it and throw nonsense posts at it. Haha to be expected.
But I challenge those who deny this biblical doctrine and are trying to teach a different gospel to use scripture.

It would probably be in the deniers best interest to not use scriptures which teach the gospel call, like Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

As these do not deny divine election, it just shows the way God gathers His elect with the good news.

So, whoever would like to add and or challenge. Please do.

Forward……

Well, if you you found the Bible one day and started reading it; didn't know what it was, but there was something about it that grabbed your attention. After awhile you might start to believe in it and start to follow the spirit of it: do good, repent. I guess that means you are at least - "called". Faith comes by hearing - the word of God. Romans 10:17

Though I looked this verse up just now and some versions say, "word of Christ".

Back