The doctrine of election

Didn't he have to overcome death to do that?
Yes...

Perhaps you haven't heard my Argument that both Goats on the Day of Atonement (Leviticus 16) made Atonement; the Sacrificial Goat and the Scapegoat. In Christ, they are One; but Jesus made Atonement twice, like the Goats both made Atonement. His bloody death made Atonement like the Sacrificial Goat did, and Jesus was presented Alive to God; where he also made a Limited Atonement in the Holy of Hollies...

Last edited:
Yes...

Perhaps you haven't heard my Argument that both Goats on the Day of Atonement (Leviticus 16) made Atonement; the Sacrificial Goat and the Scapegoat. In Christ, they are One; but Jesus made Atonement twice, like the Goats both made Atonement. His bloody death made Atonement like the Sacrificial Goat did, and Jesus was presented Alive to God; and also made a Limited Atonement in the Holy of Hollies...
Fit Man - by ReverendRV

Leviticus 16:21
; And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

In the book of Levitucus chapter 16, Moses gives instruction from God how the priest was to perform the sacrifices to God on the annual ‘Day of atonement’. The priest was to make a sacrifice for himself and his family, then he would make the sacrifice for the nation of Israel with two young goats. Then the priest would cast Lots in order to find out which goat would be the sacrificial lamb and which goat would be the scapegoat. The priest would take the sacrificial goat and kill it on the alter to shed blood for the remission of Israel’s Sins for that year. After this, the priest would put both of his hands on the scapegoat and confess the Sins of Israel upon it. Then a fit man would lead the scapegoat and its burden of Sin out of the camp to the wilderness to be let loose far, far away; never to return…

But you ask, “Why the two goats? Didn’t the priest make atonement with the sacrificial goat?” The priest did make atonement with the sacrificial goat; but he also made atonement with the scapegoat. Leviticus 16:10 says, “But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.” Both goats were needed to make atonement that day for the nation of Israel; without both, the atonement would have fallen short. But you ask, “What is all this atonement business??” God has said that without the shedding of blood there is no remission of Sin. Sin is a transgessing of Gods Laws where there are signs posted which say ‘No Trespassing’. The sign was carved in stone and called the Ten Commandments. Have you ever told a lie? What do you call a person who tells lies? If you call someone a Liar for lying to you, you would be a liar for telling a lie; Quid Pro Quo. That is just one of the Ten Commandments; if there is a God, would you be guilty of Sin? Read the Ten Commandments in Exodus chapter 20 and see how easy it is to break Gods Law. You will need a scapegoat and a sacrificial lamb to Atone for you and keep you out of Gods prison which is Hell…

John the Baptist said that Jesus was the lamb of God which takes away the Sin of the world. The Day of Atonement ritual was symbolic of Jesus in that he fulfilled the requirements of both the young goats. Jesus shed his blood because he was scourged by the Romans nearly to the death. Then he was led out of the city of Jerusalem, led out of the camp, by a fit man. After they had scourged and mocked Jesus, they took the robe off from him, and put his own clothes on him, and led him away to crucify him. And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross. Simon fulfills the role of the fit man who leads the scapegoat out of Jerusalem to the place of crucifixion. Jesus died that day but rose from the dead and was presented alive to the LORD. The Bible authenticates itself and is trustworthy; Jesus is trustworthy. Place your Faith in him as your Lord and Savior and God will be pleased to declare you innocent as a lamb; the lamb of God, Jesus Christ…

1st Timothy 1:15; Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am chief…

Jesus only paid the Debt of the people he Attoned for in the Heavenly Holy of Holies; this is where he made the True Atonement that appeased the Wrath of God...

Let’s say all the sin in the world added up to a billion dollars. Your doctrine says Jesus only paid a million of that total, and the rest is unpaid. The Bible says He paid the whole billion.

Considering the Arminian position on election. That God looked through the corridors of time (Arminian foreknowledge) to see who would accept Him. And these He called elect.
Does anyone have any scripture support for that teaching?
Or maybe where it’s man’s choice?
Or even who God would have to look and see who would choose Him instead of already knowing because He is God who knows the beginning from the end?
I still haven't had a good answer to my question

Does God look down through time to see who doesn't believe and then elect them unto condemnation?

You're all over the place trying to interpret Scripture, here, there, and everywhere. Why? To use Scripture against "Calvinists." (guess what, they're saved and belong to Christ.)
What?????????????
Scripture wasn't written to use against Calvinists.
So scripture can't rebuke Calvinists. I see. You must be special, it normally rebukes everyone else.
Again: Scripture wasn't written to use against Calvinists.
We can't rebuke you with scripture then, understood.
You've yet to demonstrate you truly understand the intent of the Scriptures you quote and conclude upon which you think were written against "Calvinism." That is exactly how you implement them. What a sad spiritual walk that must be.
ad hominem much.
"We" on the other hand use Scripture to defend against your (and those of your ilk) erroneous polemic and (co)belligerency intended upon us in order to defend the faith against yours (and their) attacks, Jude 3.
More ad hominem
I truly do hope this will help you.
Oh yeah like ad hominems always help.
Unfortunately, I've come to expect differently.
Well you wont be disappointed then, has we British say, another satisfied customer.

What?????????????

So scripture can't rebuke Calvinists. I see. You must be special, it normally rebukes everyone else.

We can't rebuke you with scripture then, understood.

ad hominem much.

More ad hominem

Oh yeah like ad hominems always help.

Well you wont be disappointed then, has we British say, another satisfied customer.
LOL, your entire post is dismissal and ad hominem.

Never mind, run along, you're not here to learn, you're hear to "rebuke" and think Scripture was written for the purpose of using it against Calvnists.

You'll be doing this same trick for years to come, and will never catch on. I tried.

Go ahead, get your last word in, I'm done with wasting my time on Matthew 7:6 people.

Take care.

I still haven't had a good answer to my question

Does God look down through time to see who doesn't believe and then elect them unto condemnation?
What about those He finds that believe. Then declares them elect, but later fall away? Good grief he must have foreseen in error.

But death effects everyone, doesn't it? So if anyone wants eternal life, only Jesus can grant it, because he owns the debt (death) that EVERYONE is under?
Perhaps you haven't heard my Argument that both Goats on the Day of Atonement (Leviticus 16) made Atonement; the Sacrificial Goat and the Scapegoat. In Christ, they are One; but Jesus made Atonement twice, like the Goats both made Atonement. His bloody death made Atonement like the Sacrificial Goat did, and Jesus was presented Alive to God; and also made a Limited Atonement in the Holy of Hollies...
Jesus owns the debt, the father has handed all judgement to the son. John 5:22-24

Fit Man - by ReverendRV

Leviticus 16:21
; And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

In the book of Levitucus chapter 16, Moses gives instruction from God how the priest was to perform the sacrifices to God on the annual ‘Day of atonement’. The priest was to make a sacrifice for himself and his family, then he would make the sacrifice for the nation of Israel with two young goats. Then the priest would cast Lots in order to find out which goat would be the sacrificial lamb and which goat would be the scapegoat. The priest would take the sacrificial goat and kill it on the alter to shed blood for the remission of Israel’s Sins for that year. After this, the priest would put both of his hands on the scapegoat and confess the Sins of Israel upon it. Then a fit man would lead the scapegoat and its burden of Sin out of the camp to the wilderness to be let loose far, far away; never to return…

But you ask, “Why the two goats? Didn’t the priest make atonement with the sacrificial goat?” The priest did make atonement with the sacrificial goat; but he also made atonement with the scapegoat. Leviticus 16:10 says, “But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.” Both goats were needed to make atonement that day for the nation of Israel; without both, the atonement would have fallen short. But you ask, “What is all this atonement business??” God has said that without the shedding of blood there is no remission of Sin. Sin is a transgessing of Gods Laws where there are signs posted which say ‘No Trespassing’. The sign was carved in stone and called the Ten Commandments. Have you ever told a lie? What do you call a person who tells lies? If you call someone a Liar for lying to you, you would be a liar for telling a lie; Quid Pro Quo. That is just one of the Ten Commandments; if there is a God, would you be guilty of Sin? Read the Ten Commandments in Exodus chapter 20 and see how easy it is to break Gods Law. You will need a scapegoat and a sacrificial lamb to Atone for you and keep you out of Gods prison which is Hell…

John the Baptist said that Jesus was the lamb of God which takes away the Sin of the world. The Day of Atonement ritual was symbolic of Jesus in that he fulfilled the requirements of both the young goats. Jesus shed his blood because he was scourged by the Romans nearly to the death. Then he was led out of the city of Jerusalem, led out of the camp, by a fit man. After they had scourged and mocked Jesus, they took the robe off from him, and put his own clothes on him, and led him away to crucify him. And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross. Simon fulfills the role of the fit man who leads the scapegoat out of Jerusalem to the place of crucifixion. Jesus died that day but rose from the dead and was presented alive to the LORD. The Bible authenticates itself and is trustworthy; Jesus is trustworthy. Place your Faith in him as your Lord and Savior and God will be pleased to declare you innocent as a lamb; the lamb of God, Jesus Christ…

1st Timothy 1:15; Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am chief…
2 things:

1) The Bible never calls Jesus a scapegoat, despite the similarities.

2) Heb 13:13, we are to go and meet Him “outside the camp” and bear the shame He did. Does that make us the scapegoat, or the fit man?

But death effects everyone, doesn't it? So if anyone wants eternal life, only Jesus can grant it, because he owns the debt (death) that EVERYONE is under?

Jesus owns the debt, the father has handed all judgement to the son. John 5:22-24
In a sense, there is no more Sin Debt; it's Cancelled...

Brother, I hope that you are glad that you're here. I hope you are really listening...

In a sense, there is no more Sin Debt; it's Cancelled...

Brother, I hope that you are glad that you're here. I hope you are really listening...
INRI ~ by ReverendRV

Colossians 2:13-14 NIV
; When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.

Saint Paul wrote this Epistle, a Letter, to the Church at Colossae. I’ve heard that this Epistle is a shorter version of the Book of Romans. I really like the Epistle to Rome because it is so deep; but my nature is to prefer things short and sweet. After the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Church expanded so quickly; why wouldn’t it? Saints Peter, James and John taught the Church at Israel; but Saint Paul was sent to the Gentiles. As a Missionary, Paul was always building Churches, so of course he taught much about being Saved. There has been NO greater a Theologian than him, and volumes can be written about the things he taught the Church; but there came a day he determined to know only Jesus Christ and him Crucified…

He taught us about how we are Legally indebted to God for breaking his Heavenly Commandments, because his Kingdom includes all the World. When we break worldly Laws, there is a Fine to pay; and this is a Debt. ~ Are you indebted to God? Have you told a Lie? What do you call people who Lie? Thou shalt not Lie. God Charges you for the Crime of Lying. You say “Then he’s got to Charge everyone if he’s going to Charge me!”. Have you ever Stolen? What do you call people that Steal? God could probably Charge everyone with this too. The Bible says if you have broken one Commandment, you are Guilty of breaking all of them; Paul says the Charges against us, have already Condemned us. Being Condemned, you will go to Hell; does this bother you? ~ What we need is to have all of our Charges taken away…

Do you want to know what Charge was nailed to the Cross of Christ? Jesus was tried by Rome yet Pilate couldn’t find anything wrong with him. But to appease the Sanhedrin, he had Jesus Crucified anyway. Rome always nailed a plank to their Crosses, with the Criminal’s Accusation written on it. At the top of Jesus’ Cross was written in Latin “Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews”. If you’ve seen paintings of Jesus on the Cross with a sign that reads “INRI”, this is shorthand for the accusation written on his plank. ~ For God so Loved the world he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal Life. Jesus Kept God’s Law all of his life; this is why Caesar could only nail a TRUE accusation to his Cross. As a Substitute, he will Accept your Charges and take the Punishment you deserve; by bleeding to death on the Cross. He was buried but arose from the grave, ascending to the right hand of God his Father. We’re Saved by Grace through Faith without Works, lest we should boast. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God; then join an Evangelical Church. ~ Praise God he allows me to nail my Charges to his Cross; please don’t read them while you’re there. What might you nail to the Cross if you could get rid of it? Nail it to the Cross, so Jesus can be Charged with it instead of you…

1st Peter 2:24 NIV; “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

Would you please show “with scripture” the teaching, that anyone wants eternal life and Christ? Before one is born again.

Yes, please show me the scriptures that support any man is born a God seeker.

Amen

Back