The free gift of God

Markk--your argument is with the scriptures:

Romans 5:18---King James Version
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
No my assertion is with LDS theology.

Folks I really hope if you exist and are following this that you go back and read the thread.

No my assertion is with LDS theology.

Markk--this IS "LDS theology":

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

No its not...it is a Bible verse taken out of context with LDS theology. The LDS church teaches you had to earn the right to accept the blessing of atonement by obedience before you received a mortal body. But you denied a clear teaching of the LDS church by denying the 1st phase of the plan of salvation...See Here

And, as I showed you you have to accept the atonement here by obedience to all the laws of the gospel.

If one takes a truth, and makes it the truth, leaving out the whole context, then it becomes a lie. You stuck your foot in your mouth trying to accuse Magdalena and Bonnie of something that just is not true.
And the obedience to the Law in which all men received the free gift of the Atonement--was performed by Jesus Christ alone--not mankind in general. Not us. It was a free gift to all men. Unconditional, to us. Absolutely free.
You had/have to accept the blessing of the atonement by obedience to eternal law. Magdalena and Bonnie where correct in the OP, you are wrong.

No its not...it is a Bible verse taken out of context with LDS theology.

You don't get to set LDS theology. As I have already posted:

D Todd Christofferson, of the quorum of the twelve apostles--General Conference

"The Savior's redemption has two parts. First, it atones for Adam's transgression and the consequent Fall of man by overcoming what could be called the direct effects of the Fall--physical death and spiritual death. Physical death is well understood; spiritual death is the separation of man from God. In the words of Paul, "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." This redemption from physical and spiritual death is both universal and without condition."

Could you explain for us the difference between the position of Romans5:18--and D Todd Christofferson's position-- "This redemption from physical and spiritual death is both universal and without condition."

When are you going to STOP IGNORING the context?

Rom. 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

You don't get to set LDS theology. As I have already posted:

D Todd Christofferson, of the quorum of the twelve apostles--General Conference

"The Savior's redemption has two parts. First, it atones for Adam's transgression and the consequent Fall of man by overcoming what could be called the direct effects of the Fall--physical death and spiritual death. Physical death is well understood; spiritual death is the separation of man from God. In the words of Paul, "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." This redemption from physical and spiritual death is both universal and without condition."

Could you explain for us the difference between the position of Romans5:18--and D Todd Christofferson's position-- "This redemption from physical and spiritual death is both universal and without condition."

I do get to expound on it and I have. DTC is not preaching and exhaustive account of the PoS...he is discuss one part of it, and generally.

Did you choose to accept HF plan and receive a mortal body, of did you choose lucifers plan, or did you not have a choice?

When are you going to STOP IGNORING the context?

Rom. 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

OK--but I'm not seeing a connection between my claim of the LDS believing Romans5:18--and your retort.

The LDS believe the Atonement is a free gift to all men--just as the scripture shows:

I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Back