The gospel in Genesis.

Brother, you know that does not mean it is God doing the work. The people were asking our Lord what must they do to be doing the works of God. He answered back the works that God wants from you is to believe in Him who He sent.

God bless
Belief?
and that is a work of God.

I don't believe that to be true. God loves regardless of loving being returned.
Yes, "But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." (Luk 6:35-36)

God bless

God don’t fail. If there is a person given to His son in the COR, this personal will be saved.
It’s not up to man as it is in your dreams.
So again you give no credit or credence to what Jesus and Paul taught about believing, and here I thought we were supposed to believe and follow Jesus not folks that contradict what He taught.

There is no need to hold a dialogue with you. Insults, ad hominem, name calling, condemnation, accusations,and etc are the heart of your communication. What comes out of you is from your heart. It isn't God's Spirit that is for sure!

My time with you is over.

May you have a heart to love others that are saved by His blood.
I protect and defend the Gospel that Paul preached, nothing more. As Paul condemned those who pervert it.

So again you give no credit or credence to what Jesus and Paul taught about believing, and here I thought we were supposed to believe and follow Jesus not folks that contradict what He taught.
I believe everything Jesus said. Your obsession with Calvinism is your issue not mine.

I believe those verses. I believe they present the fact that God work is that man believe on Jesus Christ. I believe God desires such for all men because he demands such of all men.

Scripture says that GOD's work is that man believes.
You TWIST that to mean it is that "man believes".

How do you justify twisting of Scripture?

I've read the word "might" a few times in the Bible. What does that word mean to you?

That would depend on the CONTEXT.

If you would like to provide a SPECIFIC context (ie. verse, chapter and verse), I would be more than happy to explain the meaning to you.

Scripture says that GOD's work is that man believes.
You TWIST that to mean it is that "man believes".

How do you justify twisting of Scripture?

There is no difference in these two statements. No twisting involved. Just misunderstanding on your part.

That would depend on the CONTEXT.

If you would like to provide a SPECIFIC context (ie. verse, chapter and verse), I would be more than happy to explain the meaning to you.

I have references for the word might and I provided a specific verse. I believe I can understand the English word "might" without needing your explanation.

Maybe because you do not believe there is something a man must do before he can be saved ?
Well you and the person who loved your response will do anything to ignore/change or pretend that this scripture does not exist or somehow speaks about the law...
So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.
Romans 9:16 ESV
You believe God's mercy and compassion is dependent on human will and exertion as you confirmed in your response.

You do realize scripture is the work of the spirit?
And without the Spirit revealing the spiritual truths it contains it can be interpreted any way Tom wants to interpret it. Tom like the Mormons and others believe they don't need God to lead them on a daily basis and to give them revelation as they read the inspired scriptures.

And without the Spirit revealing the spiritual truths it contains it can be interpreted any way Tom wants to interpret it. Tom like the Mormons and others believe they don't need God to lead them on a daily basis and to give them revelation as they read the inspired scriptures.
Your first problem is the spirit does not lead unbelievers

Hello Doubt it?

Find a verse which states unbelievers are led by the spirit

You can't do it

Your second problem is the spirit does not contradict what he wrote

2 Timothy 3:16–17 (KJV 1900)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Your third problem is all Christians have the spirit but for some reason the spirit has not equipped you to answer rebuttal so you

are stuck with attempting false guilt by association tactics

Reactions: Joe
That verse does not support you

It is not talking about unconditional election to salvation but the fact that God sets the grounds upon which he shows mercy

and this has not changed

Romans 3:21–26 (KJV 1900)
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

1 Corinthians 1:21 (KJV 1900)
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

or just try reading rom 9-11 in context

Romans 9:30–32 (KJV 1900)
30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. 31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Romans 11:19–23 (KJV 1900)
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. 22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. 23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Those who came by way of faith found mercy the other did not

Reactions: Joe
Well you and the person who loved your response will do anything to ignore/change or pretend that this scripture does not exist or somehow speaks about the law...
You believe God's mercy and compassion is dependent on human will and exertion as you confirmed in your response.
We already saw it does not support your beliefs

Back