The Great Commission-is it for every Christian

Thank you....

Acts 9:31-32 The CHURCH THROUGHOUT all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria was at peace. It was being built up and walked in the fear of the Lord, and with the consolation of the holy Spirit it grew in numbers.

As PETER was passing THROUGH EVERY REGION, he went down to the holy ones living in Lydda.

Was Peter obedient?

Shepherd my sheep [only Jews?]... Are we not sheep that hear His voice?

Acts 15 - Peter got up and said to them, “My brothers, you are well aware that from early days God made his choice among you that THROUGH MY MOUTH the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe.
[Romans 1:16] So.....you would disagree with this statement...........
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

The question has been....."Who was the Great Commission directed to".

Of course the Gentiles were evangelized later on but they were not included in Yeshua's directive of [Matthew 28:19].

Are you aware of the time between Acts 15 and Matthew 28?
YEARS!

until the end of the age.... just Jews?
Of course not. Only until Peter's revelation in Acts 10. If Peter had been told to evangelize Gentiles by the Great Commission (years earlier) why is he so disturbed regarding the situation with Cornelius?

Why is this so difficult for you? Why not just go with what the scripture says?

You have still not answered my question regarding [Matthew 10:5-7] and [Matthew 15:24]. Why would Yeshua change His mind about the commission to the disciples? I've asked this a couple of times.

Of course not. Only until Peter's revelation in Acts 10. If Peter had been told to evangelize Gentiles by the Great Commission (years earlier) why is he so disturbed regarding the situation with Cornelius?

Why is this so difficult for you? Why not just go with what the scripture says?
That would be as simple as uniting all the current denominations with all of their beliefs.

If we went with what scripture says [This is my body; my flesh is true food, etc.] we would all be Catholic ;) ? :)
You have still not answered my question regarding [Matthew 10:5-7] and [Matthew 15:24]. Why would Yeshua change His mind about the commission to the disciples?
Maybe I misunderstood your point... It may have started with the Jews but you even admitted that Gentiles were added.

Thanks

That would be as simple as uniting all the current denominations with all of their beliefs.

If we went with what scripture says [This is my body; my flesh is true food, etc.] we would all be Catholic ;) ? :)

Maybe I misunderstood your point... It may have started with the Jews but you even admitted that Gentiles were added.

Thanks
I didn't admit anything of the sort. I have consistently said............."The Great Commission" did not include the Gentiles. The Gentiles were to be later evangelized by Paul. This is not a contradiction or admission. It is Biblical fact!
Many folks have been taught from Childhood erroneously that the Great Commission included everyone. It did not.
Many folks have been erroneously taught by "Churchianity" many incorrect things.
Still waiting for your answer to my question regarding Matthew 10 and Matthew 15. If you honestly think about it you will see your error.

I didn't admit anything of the sort. I have consistently said............."The Great Commission" did not include the Gentiles. The Gentiles were to be later evangelized by Paul. This is not a contradiction or admission. It is Biblical fact!
Many folks have been taught from Childhood erroneously that the Great Commission included everyone. It did not.
Many folks have been erroneously taught by "Churchianity" many incorrect things.
Still waiting for your answer to my question regarding Matthew 10 and Matthew 15. If you honestly think about it you will see your error.
Matthew was written for a Jewish audience, correct? In regards to Mt 10 and 15, they may have started there, but the apostles converted all who would believe.

Throughout the NT --- Peter made his rounds in Acts
I'm not really sure as to why you are offering this scripture as proof the disciples evangelized Gentiles immediately after the Great Commission.

You do understand that this book was written later than just after the resurrection....(maybe you don't).

1 John has been estimated by scholarship to have been written from Ephesus in about 90 A.D.

The author had been an eyewitness to Yeshua's ministry and he refers to his readers as "little children" which would indicate he was probably elderly. He is denouncing the many anti-Christs that have entered the early church with their Gnosticism.

I was hoping you would give me a passage showing the disciples evangelizing folks other than Israelites shortly after the occurrence of the Great Commission. I don't believe you'll find one.

Thanks
“If we went with what scripture says [This is my body; my flesh is true food, etc.] we would all be Catholic.”

When you walk through the front doors of Saint Patrick’s Cathedral, the first thing you see is a machine that stamps the images of “saints” onto coins for a small fee.

~
I became interested in Bible-based internet forums back in 1997. Since then I've
been active on nigh unto 50 different venues. If there is one thing I know from 26
years of experience it's that quite a large number of Christians on internet forums
constitute a contradictory fraternity of quarrelsome armchair experts. God pity the
honest inquirers who visit these places seeking reliable information.
_

Reactions: Nic
“If we went with what scripture says [This is my body; my flesh is true food, etc.] we would all be Catholic.”

When you walk through the front doors of Saint Patrick’s Cathedral, the first thing you see is a machine that stamps the images of “saints” onto coins for a small fee.
I'm still waiting for someone to show me (by scripture) where the Apostles immediately set out to evangelize gentiles. They didn't.......and to claim they did .....does not follow the word......but follows tradition.

It's judgmental to assume that every Christian has the capacity to go into all the world. So if I share the word of God with unbelieving relatives and they hate me because they hate Christianity, what have I accomplished?

Last edited:
~
I became interested in Bible-based internet forums back in 1997. Since then I've
been active on nigh unto 50 different venues. If there is one thing I know from 26
years of experience it's that quite a large number of Christians on internet forums
constitute a contradictory fraternity of quarrelsome armchair experts. God pity the
honest inquirers who visit these places seeking reliable information.
_
That's just the view we see. God has opened my eyes to a lot of truth on the internet. He has to filter the truth for us.

That's just the view we see. God has opened my eyes to a lot of truth on the internet. He has to filter the truth for us.
One of the things that confuses many when dealing with a subject like this is the simple fact that most folks believe the "lost sheep" were Jews. They were not. They were Israelites but not all Israelites were Jews.

It's the same as saying......all Californians are Americans but not all Americans are Californians. Only the tribe of Judah and later Benjamin and some of Levi were ever called (in scripture) Jews! The lost sheep were indeed of the House of Israel.......not the House of Judah.

Thanks
If we went with what scripture says, there would be no catholic church.

~
Jesus wrapped is teachings about dining upon his flesh and blood by saying:

"The words I have spoken to you are spirit"

Well; that's a bit of a problem because in black and white his words speak of
cannibalism; but what are those same words saying in spirit?

Take for example Jesus' opponents. Many of them were well-trained Torah experts
as far as the letter of the Jews' religious law while unable to discern the spirit of the
law. Consequently they quarreled with Jesus over his application of the routine
weekly sabbath day.
_

I didn't admit anything of the sort. I have consistently said............."The Great Commission" did not include the Gentiles.

Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations...

The word for "nations" is ethnos, the word which is translated as "Gentiles" in your Bible.

In ancient Jewish parlance, "the nations" means "the Gentiles."

Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations...

The word for "nations" is ethnos, the word which is translated as "Gentiles" in your Bible.

In ancient Jewish parlance, "the nations" means "the Gentiles."

The point I'm making is.........that our Savior, Himself told the Apostles not to go among the Gentiles........I am saying......they didn't. The Great commission was for the Lost Tribes and your own definition corroborates that very thing. Ethnos can also mean tribes (non Jewish) which were indeed the 10 lost tribes. They were non Jewish Israelites which He commanded them to evangelize [Matthew 10:5] [Matthew 15:24]. So.....my question to you is.......if the Greek "Ethnos" he speaks of in the Great Commission includes Gentiles.....why did He change His mind?

If the Great Commission commanded the Apostles to go among the Gentiles then why later do we find Peter so adamant about associating with them......years later?

[Acts 10:28] And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

If the Great Commission had included Gentiles you would not see Peter making this statement to Cornelius and his associates ......years later.

When did God show him this? The previous day!

Paul was to become the Apostle to the Gentiles......not the original twelve. They went to the Lost Tribes and according to [James 1:1] they knew exactly (at that time) where they were.

Back