The Great Commission-is it for every Christian

The point I'm making is.........that our Savior, Himself told the Apostles not to go among the Gentiles........I am saying......they didn't.

He was King of the Jews, the King of Israel, not King of all the nations.

But now he is risen to the right hand hand of God and Lord of all.

The Great commission was for the Lost Tribes

That isn't going to work.

and your own definition corroborates that very thing. Ethnos can also mean tribes (non Jewish) which were indeed the 10 lost tribes. They were non Jewish Israelites which He commanded them to evangelize [Matthew 10:5] [Matthew 15:24]. So.....my question to you is.......if the Greek "Ethnos" he speaks of in the Great Commission includes Gentiles.....why did He change His mind?.

He is now Lord of all. Try reading the previous verse

All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations

Sorry but you don't know what you are talking about.
If the Great Commission commanded the Apostles to go among the Gentiles then why later do we find Peter so adamant about associating with them......years later?

[Acts 10:28] And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Did you not notice that the disciples of Jesus routinely didn't understand what he said?

What did God show Peter in Acts 10?
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Acts-10-28/
If the Great Commission had included Gentiles you would not see Peter making this statement to Cornelius and his associates ......years later.

Yeah you would.

When did God show him this? The previous day!

Paul was to become the Apostle to the Gentiles......not the original twelve. They went to the Lost Tribes and according to [James 1:1] they knew exactly (at that time) where they were.

Your "Lost Tribe" claim is pure invention. God's promise to Abraham included all the families of the earth and that is what is being fulfilled in Jesus the Lord of all.

He was King of the Jews, the King of Israel, not King of all the nations.

But now he is risen to the right hand hand of God and Lord of all.
Yes....He was King of all Israel which included the "Non Jewish Israelites" of the Ten Lost Tribes. He told His disciples not to go among the Gentiles but to go only to the Lost Tribes................ [Matthew 10:5-6]
These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
So......the main question you must answer.........how does this passage square with your opinion? Did He.....or did He not tell the Apostles not to go among the Gentiles? Did He tell them to only go (rather) to the Lost (non Jewish) sheep. The Jews were only the tribes Judah, Benjamin and a portion of Levi.

If He later changed his mind......could you offer chapter and verse?

The Greek word, Ethnos also describes the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel. To say it does not is erroneous. They weren't Gentile and they weren't Jewish. They were Tribal Israelite! Your own online definition says this.

You have so much error in your post I'll just answer one point at a time.

And yes.....He now is Lord of all...... but at that time......He had only been sent to the Lost Tribes [Matthew 15:24] But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Yes....He was King of all Israel which included the "Non Jewish Israelites" of the Ten Lost Tribes. He told His disciples not to go among the Gentiles but to go only to the Lost Tribes................ [Matthew 10:5-6]
These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
So......the main question you must answer.........how does this passage square with your opinion? Did He.....or did He not tell the Apostles not to go among the Gentiles?

Did you not hear a thing I said?

If you aren't listening, why should I bother having a conversation with you?

Did He tell them to only go (rather) to the Lost (non Jewish) sheep. The Jews were only the tribes Judah, Benjamin and a portion of Levi.

What an unbelievable mess.

I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin

If He later changed his mind......could you offer chapter and verse?

The Greek word, Ethnos also describes the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel. To say it does not is erroneous. They weren't Gentile and they weren't Jawish. They were Tribal Israelite! Your own online definition says this.

You have so much error in your post I'll just answer one point at a time.

And yes.....He now is Lord of all...... but at that time......He had only been sent to the Lost Tribes [Matthew 15:24] But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Did you not hear a thing I said?
Yes....I read your post. It was entirely erroneous which is why I responded with the questions you evidently can't answer.
If you aren't listening, why should I bother having a conversation with you?
No. You shouldn't have a conversation with me as you seem to be entirely missing my points. You indeed are wasting your time.
What an unbelievable mess.
Care to elaborate????
I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin
Yes, Paul was of the tribe of Benjamin which joined Judah in the south when Yahweh divided the Kingdom between the House of Israel and the House of Judah because of the great sins of Solomon [I Kings 11:1-13][I Kings 12:22-24]. The Benjamites thereafter became known as Jews because of their association with Judah......and....yes, they were Israelites as well. Later a portion of Levi also joined the Jews in the South. The rest of Israel was soon exiled to Assyria and never came back (enmasse) to the Levant. They then were scattered into other regions of the world [Amos 9:9][Hosea 1:10] when the Kingdom of Assyria imploded.

All Jews are Israelites.....not all Israelites are Jews.

Now.....if you get a moment.....show me where the Savior changed His mind regarding The Great Commission.

Yes....I read your post. It was entirely erroneous which is why I responded with the questions you evidently can't answer.
You obviously didn't understand a word I said.

Was it a mistake to suppose you knew what is obvious?

No. You shouldn't have a conversation with me as you seem to be entirely missing my points. You indeed are wasting your time.

Care to elaborate????

Yes, Paul was of the tribe of Benjamin which joined Judah in the south when Yahweh divided the Kingdom between the House of Israel and the House of Judah because of the great sins of Solomon [I Kings 11:1-13][I Kings 12:22-24]. The Benjamites thereafter became known as Jews because of their association with Judah......and....yes, they were Israelites as well. Later a portion of Levi also joined the Jews in the South. The rest of Israel was soon exiled to Assyria and never came back (enmasse) to the Levant. They then were scattered into other regions of the world [Amos 9:9][Hosea 1:10] when the Kingdom of Assyria imploded.

All Jews are Israelites.....not all Israelites are Jews.

Why do the implications then not register in your head?

Now.....if you get a moment.....show me where the Savior changed His mind regarding The Great Commission.

He never changed his mind nor did he ever need to change his mind.

He was no long King of the Jews/Israel only. He was King of heaven and earth and that is why all the Gentiles may come in. Apparently this is well beyond your knowledge.

It must be very disheartening to be unable to comprehend simple scripture. I would hope you would be able someday to see your error.
Isn't it obvious to you why Paul was selected to be the Apostle to the Gentiles? Do you think maybe it might have been because our Savior had not yet appointed one [Roman's 11:13].

Isn't it obvious to you why Peter thought it a sin to evangelize and keep company with a Gentile [Acts 10:28] until Yahweh informed it was now okay to do so.......the very day before? And this.......years after the Great Commission was given the twelve?
May Yahweh bless your home.....and all within...........

Why do the implications then not register in your head?

He never changed his mind nor did he ever need to change his mind.

He was no long King of the Jews/Israel only. He was King of heaven and earth and that is why all the Gentiles may come in. Apparently this is well beyond your

Our Lord’sGod-
if the Greek "Ethnos" he speaks of in the Great Commission includes Gentiles.....why did He change His mind?
Hawkeye is correct regarding the multiple meanings of “Ethnos”. Given that, please answer the question.

If the Great Commission commanded the Apostles to go among the Gentiles then why later do we find Peter so adamant about associating with them......years later?

If the Great Commission had included Gentiles you would not see Peter making this statement to Cornelius and his associates ......years later.

When did God show him this? The previous day!

Paul was to become the Apostle to the Gentiles......not the original twelve. They went to the Lost Tribes and according to [James 1:1] they knew exactly (at that time) where they were.

I’m lazy; when I see that someone has provided scriptural citations to bolster their assertions, I am grateful for cut-and-paste.
Hawkeye has done all the heavy lifting so I’m just putting the questions out there again in hopes of answers.

Yeshua inveighed against blind adherence to the traditions of men more than any other topic, yet the traditions of men are what modern churchianity is founded upon and reveres more than scripture.

Our Lord’sGod-
if the Greek "Ethnos" he speaks of in the Great Commission includes Gentiles.....why did He change His mind?
Hawkeye is correct regarding the multiple meanings of “Ethnos”. Given that, please answer the question.
I don't think you're going to get a response from "OLG" on this question. I've asked him the same a couple of times and he ignores it.

This is normal procedure when you know your're wrong.......but cannot admit it.

Matthew 28:16-20

Is the “Great Commission” for all believers through the ages or for the contemporaneous audience standing before Yeshua?

When Jesus spoke the following words no one in the world outside of their small circle knew about Christianity.

Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.
When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said,
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of
all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and
teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always,
to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:16-20​

Can anyone tell me? Where in the world today has not that been done already?

Some nations it took hold, and later died down. Others maintain it as a part of the fiber of their culture.
Either way, the knowledge remains of what it was for and sent out into all the world.

The Great commission still has its effects seen today in the world...
Not everyone believes. But practically everyone on earth now knows the name of Jesus Christ.

Before the great commission only a handful of men had such knowledge.

Making disciples of men has now become a local responsibility, and only for those wanting it.

grace and peace ................

“If we went with what scripture says [This is my body; my flesh is true food, etc.] we would all be Catholic.”

When you walk through the front doors of Saint Patrick’s Cathedral, the first thing you see is a machine that stamps the images of “saints” onto coins for a small fee.
When I walk into a megachurch I see a coffee stand..... and altar calls??? Where is the actual altar? :rolleyes: ?:whistle: :coffee:

Peter denied

Peter was not born again when he denied.

Paul persecuted

Paul was an unsaved murderer when he persecuted.

And this is your excuse? Horrific!

Thomas doubted

Thomas too had not yet received the Spriit of God.

Judas denied

Unbelievable! This is your excuse for priest pedophiles?

I can hardly believe you are using this as an excuse. It really shows where you are. You will know them by their fruits.

you said .... ?

I said a little more than that didn't I?

You obviously have a very serious honesty problem.

and I stated that the Bible isn't an all inclusive manual -- understand?

I completely understand what you are doing. You refuse to be honest with yourself.

And this is your excuse?
Where do you see an excuse.... we sin
I said a little more than that didn't I?
yep, but why state it only from the Bible? ? :unsure:
You obviously have a very serious honesty problem.
Not at all.... I need Christ and His Church in my life
I completely understand what you are doing.
Sure you do :rolleyes: -- let me know when you cross the Tiber

Back