The Prodigal Son

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am asking you. Spiritually or physically?
ok lets go with spiritual lol since he wasn't physically dead.

so tell how the spiritually dead man in his sins could on his come back home to his father without being dragged back home kicking and screaming by his father ?

Luke 15:17
When he finally came to his senses, he said to himself, ‘At home even the hired servants have food enough to spare, and here I am dying of hunger!

And I think that's a challenge I don't think it's warranted to take up and try to do. I think God in the judgement will tell you it was absolutely self evident by the nature of the parable that the Son had freedom of will to choose, that is leave and come back. Not to say I won't have to give account in the judgement for a great many things for none of us are perfect but this will be one for Calvinists.
Let me say that the parable of JESUS about prodigal son brings a great mystery if analysed by the own Word of GOD. Paul said to the Church of Corinthians, chap. 1:v.27-29:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

JESUS revaled in the parable the existence of two sons, two brothers, and both were /are heirs of the property of the Father, GOD the Father.

Two sons - two inheritances
JESUS revaled in His parable the existence of two sons, two brothers, and both were /are heirs of the property of the Father, GOD the Father.

The main heir - the firstborn is the main heir
We have to remember that the firstborn is the main heir, therefore, the inheritance of the younger son is different of his older brother.

Both are legitimate sons, and legitimate heirs
Generally speaking, all of God's sons are adopted, according John 1:v.11-14, with the exception of the two children mentioned in Jesus' parable about the legitimate prodigal son and heir to a part of the Father's property.

Who is the legitimate younger God's son, younger brother of JESUS?
Being JESUS the firstborn and legitimate GOD's Son, and also the main Heir as the firstborn: who is the younger brother, also heir of a part of the Father's property?
He exists, JESUS was not talking about a legend, a folkloric fantasy, but a hidden reality, a fact, a mystery.
The glory of GOD is to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter-Proverbs 25:v.2. So, Who is the legitimate younger God's son, younger brother of JESUS? By the way, he has not genealogy, but JESUS has.

There are three that bear record / testify in heaven(heaven has nothing to do with sky): The Father(GOD the Father), the Word(the Word made flesh-JESUS - the Word is GOD), and the holy Spirit(who is not a ghost as is written in English language, but a Person) and these three are ONE-1John 5:v.7, and John 15:v.26, and 16:v.7-15-Take a look.

jacob on this earth is the prodigal son
and this earth is the foreign land…

but after tribulation starts
he understands finally ,
God’s covenant to return home to the heavenly garden of eden

judah and israel , the two houses ,
are the sons = 144k
out of jacob

but many more of jacob
will go home after tribulation

ok lets go with spiritual lol since he wasn't physically dead.

so tell how the spiritually dead man in his sins could on his come back home to his father without being dragged back home kicking and screaming by his father ?

Luke 15:17
When he finally came to his senses, he said to himself, ‘At home even the hired servants have food enough to spare, and here I am dying of hunger!
Ahhh...there we go. Stopped after the first sentence. So why do you conflate the two?

Where does it say in the parable He was Spiritually dead?

Was He saved, lost his salvation, only to be saved again?

Ahhh...there we go. Stopped after the first sentence. So why do you conflate the two?ce

Where does it say in the parable He was Spiritually dead?

Was He saved, lost his salvation, only to be saved again?
define dead I gave you a chance but you refused.

provide a definition from a lexicon.

here I will do it for you pick your definition below

which one is the Prodigal below you have 2 choices.

Strong's Concordance
nekros: dead
Original Word: νεκρός, ά, όν
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: nekros
Phonetic Spelling: (nek-ros')
Definition: dead
Usage: (a) adj: dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, (b) noun: a dead body, a corpse.

3498 nekrós (an adjective, derived from nekys, "a corpse, a dead body") – dead; literally, "what lacks life"; dead; (figuratively) not able to respond to impulses, or perform functions ("unable, ineffective, dead, powerless," L & N, 1, 74.28); unresponsive to life-giving influences (opportunities); inoperative to the things of God.

hope this helps !!!

Dead, absence of life. Answered.

Your turn

Where does it say the prodigal son was Spiritually dead??
then how did the son come to his own senses and return on his own cognition ?

dead is right just like the false lifeless doctrines of calvin and the dead flower.

next

@Reformedguy keep asking yourself that lol,

1- did adam die physically the day he sinned as God told him he would ? yes or no

2- did adam die spiritually the day he sinned as God told him he would die the day he ate of the tree ? yes or no

3- if neither of the above are true how did adam die the day he sinned ?

should I get the popcorn ready ?

hope this helps !!!

keep asking yourself that lol,

1- did adam die physically the day he sinned as God told him he would ? yes or no

2- did adam die spiritually the day he sinned as God told him he would die the day he ate of the tree ? yes or no

3- if neither of the above are true how did adam die the day he sinned ?

should I get the popcorn ready ?

hope this helps !!!
Still unanswered.

Where does it say the prodigal son was Spiritually dead?

Or alive for that matter.

Next

hoping for a answer

jacob on this earth is the prodigal son
and this earth is the foreign land…

but after tribulation starts
he understands finally ,
God’s covenant to return home to the heavenly garden of eden
Oh please, your interpretation of JESUS's preaching concerning the prodigal son of GOD is not true, but false.

- Jacob never used possessions he received as inheritance from the Father with the harlots/ prostitutes;
- Jacob never went to a land of mighty famine; and he never began to be in want.
- Jacob never was sent into any man's fields to feed swine.
- Jacob never would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat:

What you are preaching is a false testimony of Jacob. GOD is Truth. The Word is GOD. It is very terrible to twist the words of JESUS, and is very perilous / dangerous because the punishment / chastisement.

What comes forth from the heart they defile the man / woman, for out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, and false witness, and blasphemies.

Last edited:
judah and israel , the two houses ,
are the sons = 144k
out of jacob

but many more of jacob
will go home after tribulation
Houses are linked with family ties.
Judah and Israel are two Kingdoms, Kingdom of Judah - two tribes - and Kingdom of Israel - 10 tribes -.

What matters and prevails is the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD, understand?

Last edited:
THERE IS A GREAT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LEGITIMATE SONS AND ADOPTED SONS.

The legitimate prodigal son of GOD is a great mystery .

1 Corinthians 1:v.25 - 29

25 The foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back