There is no Ordo Salutis Given in Scripture

Thar's your opinion.

My opinion is, your theology os not based upon scripture, but upon presupposition.
You failed to address scripture

John 14:16–17 (KJV 1900) — 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Calvinists do not believe scripture. They prove it over and over

You failed to address scripture

John 14:16–17 (KJV 1900) — 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Same old "failed to address" nomsense from question dodger Tom.

Same old "failed to address" nomsense from question dodger Tom.
Howie ignores the scriptures which show unbelievers cannot receive the Spirit

Therefore, it is not essential thing to understand, nail down or argue about ... ?
Chuckle!!! Tell that to Calvinists. They've got "Steps", that you've gotta follow - starting with "regeneration" (their "work around" for their "total depravity" doctrine).

BUT HEY!!! It's only "theology" after all.

Personally, I'd say that John 6:44 is where it all starts.

Chuckle!!! Tell that to Calvinists. They've got "Steps", that you've gotta follow - starting with "regeneration" (their "work around" for their "total depravity" doctrine).

then the cross and

John 12:32 (ESV) — 32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”

So do you, Bob, so do you. ?

Therefore, it is not essential thing to understand, nail down or argue about ... ?
Howie is in denial

John 6:53 (KJV 1900) — 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

there is a clear order here

faith precedes life

As opposed to your "prevenient grace"? Your work around?

As opposed to your "prevenient grace"? Your work around?
I don't know anything about "Prevenient Grace" that's an "Arminian work around" (a rose by any other name. I'll go with the Biblical terminology - NOBODY COMES TO CHRIST, unless they're DRAWN by Father, and "Conviction of SIN by the holy Spirit is both the source of FAITH, and when the door to life is open. It's up to YOU to take advantange of that when it's there.

God's GRACE is the only reason that we weren't exterminated the first time we sinned.

You have no theology?
All God's chilluns gots theology.

As far as the "Fray" goes, Where SALVATION (The entire process, "buzz words" and all) is concerned, "Theology" isn't important. Paul limited himself to "Jesus and Him Crucified", and allowed the Holy Spirit to do the heavy lifting. He didn't want his converts to be depending on the "Wisdom of MAN".

Conviction of SIN and of Judgement from the Holy Spirit is the basis for FAITH (God's WORD to you), and the absolute One-on-one knowledge of where you're at Spiritually. THEN when you call out to God in FAITH for salvation, the job's done. Everything changes, The Holy Spirit's joined to YOUR spirit, and you start out all new and clean.

AFTER one has been Born again, then there's the EASY yoke, that Jesus applies, and you can Join with a visible Church, and start being indoctrinated with their "Theology". And 60 years later (in my case) You'll have developed your OWN "theological package".

Howie is in denial

John 6:53 (KJV 1900) — 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

there is a clear order here

faith precedes life
Bump for @Howie

Back