Thief on the cross - forgiven how?

Most of Israel preferred the Law that God gave them, and with that some knowledge of Good and Evil,
instead of the Messiah that God gave them, and in Him a more personal relationship with God.

Most of Israel preferred the Law that God gave them, and with that some knowledge of Good and Evil,
instead of the Messiah that God gave them, and in Him a more personal relationship with God.
Psalm 119 shows how to achieve a personal relationship with God, by loving and being obedient to Him.

There is no evil in the law. That's quite evil to think God would give a gift like that.

Last edited:
There is no evil in the law. That's quite evil to think God would give a gift like that.
The Law should show the Evil is in you.
No one is really doing it Lawfully today anyway, as much as they might like to pretend they are.

The thief must have understood his only Hope wasn't in the Law itself, but in the Person the Law should point one to.

The Law should show the Evil is in you.
Only when there is sin that is unrepentant.

No one is really doing it Lawfully today anyway, as much as they might like to pretend they are.
Well, how would you know?

The thief must have understood his only Hope wasn't in the Law itself, but in the Person the Law should point one to.
The law doesn't point to a messiah being a sacrifice for all.

The law, shema, points to God.

The point is a Law does not prevent sin. or make one Righteous.
Actually doing the law makes one righteous. That's why Christians believe that Jesus' righteousness as a result of following the law is credited to them. But, Ezekiel 18 shows this isn't true.

The law serves as a warning against sin, and a blessing for those who follow it.

Last edited:
Do it perfectly, and you might show you are as perfectly Righteous as God is.
What does Ezekiel 18 say?

21But if the wicked man turns from all the sins he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die. 22None of the transgressions he has committed will be held against him. Because of the righteousness he has practiced, he will live.

So, you're wrong.

Less than that, it will only show you are not.
Read above. You're wrong.

21But if the wicked man turns from ALL the sins he has committed, keeps ALL My statutes, and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die. 22None of the transgressions he has committed will be held against him. Because of the righteousness he has practiced, he will live.
it says ALL, so why are you still sinning then? "ALL that God has commanded we will do" Exodus 19
Israel's failures under the Law are recorded in Scripture for all to see and learn from.

When the mighty and perfect God judges He will say "well, this person tried, and that person just didn't try hard enough..?"
"Hey God, I tried, so I'm not going to tremble in your presence." like it says I should in Jeremiah 5
"We don't really stink THAT bad, do we God?"

"But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear."
Isaiah 59:2

Last edited:
it says ALL, so why are you still sinning then? "ALL that God has commanded we will do" Exodus 19
Israel's failures under the Law are recorded in Scripture for all to see and learn from.
Tell me which sins I'm guilty of, and cast the first stone. Then tell me if you still sin given the sacrifice you think Jesus made for you, and why you still sin?

Tell me if the thief kept all of the laws and how he was forgiven?

Then tell me where Jesus says his righteousness covers you. He doesn't.

When the mighty and perfect God judges He will say "well, this person tried, and that person just didn't try hard enough..?"

"Hey God, I tried, so I'm not going to tremble in your presence." like it says I should in Jeremiah 5
"We don't really stink THAT bad, do we God?"
Rotfl... where did Jesus get his righteousness?

The righteous fall 7 times...

For a righteous man falleth seven times, and riseth up again, But the wicked stumble under adversity.

Last edited:
Tell me which sins I'm guilty of, and cast the first stone.
Religious Pride isn't a good look for Jews, who of all peoples on Earth should know they are sinners.
One thief displayed humility, the other didn't.

"You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors"
Trying to use Christian concepts (wrongly) to deflect from the theological weaknesses of today's Judaism isn't too kosher either.
Use your own Law...which is not to be added to, or taken away from. Deut. 12:32

Last edited:
Religious Pride isn't a good look for Jews, who of all peoples on Earth should know they are sinners.
One thief displayed humility, the other didn't.
Religious pride? No. Just an understanding of what Tanakh says.

Humility doesn't get you into heaven.

Rotfl... tell me which law you accuse me of breaking?

Jesus broke the law by saying one had to be sinless to cast a stone against an adulterer.

"You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors"
Trying to use Christian concepts (wrongly) to deflect from the theological weaknesses of today's Judaism isn't too kosher either.
Use your own Law...which is not to be added to, or taken away from. Deut. 12:32
Rotfl... show me where I added to the law.

You still haven't shown what righteousness Jesus has, and based on what.

So, tell us about your sins and why you still do?

Last edited:
Back