Thief on the cross - forgiven how?

When the thief on the cross died, how were his sins forgiven prior to his death?

Was he still obligated to the law and required to bring sacrifices for his confessed sins, or did Jesus forgive him with just words, a prayer?

For that matter, by what thinking did Jesus forgive others in the NT by just saying your sins are forgiven since the law still applied and sacrifices were required for those before his death, according to Christian theology?

Since Jesus didn't break the law according to Christians, what justifies him forgiving people without a sacrifice?
Psalm 118
22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

Matthew 21:42 KJV — Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

I'm thinking you will be. We'll see...and as the days increase it will be sooner not later.
Well, he has knees that bow. That won't change.

No...this is not an answer, and this is what you've "already given." I'll try again. Was Adam created in God's image and His likeness according to His Word and manifest will?
Yes, and it wasn't a physical image as I've previously explained. Do you think otherwise?

Go back over your "answers." There are none. Are you afraid to admit that Torah is true? That Adam was made in God's image and according to His likeness? Are you denying again the contradiction in your own claims?
See above. Is your gods image physical or not? It's a simple yes or no. You're quite the dancer :)

Is Adam in God's image and in His likeness?
Yes, of course. Is that image physical?

I already gave my answers. Can't you just come out and admit that you do not believe or accept Torah as it is written, because, as it is written, your god does not conform to your own invention?
You've danced around the issue. Is the image physical?

The eternal is not formless and void. You've invented an impossible restriction to impose on your god.
Really. Can you give an example of something that is physical and eternal?

And he's not formless and void.
Then your god is physical and occupies space, created.

Nonsense. You quoted scripture out of context and expect me to miss the context. There is no one comparable...no one has DONE WHAT HE HAS DONE. Context. Not goal post.
Show us where I took scriptures, Tanakh, out of context.

Your making stuff up again.
Have you read your replies above? ;)

Probably true...but you've answered nothing either, have you? Let's try again: Israel is God's bride...Tell me, what type of creature shall man marry?
Aah, God gave man a woman. It's in Genesis.

And if he marries, say, a sheep from the flock...is this not perversion?
Sounds like it. Though no state legally recognizes such marriages, yet. Maybe in your home town?

Why are you missing so much in this discussion? Does God have a bride? Hmm?
By analogy, covenant.

You have limited God, and in so doing, fulfilled the prophecies of Isaiah 2:10.
Actually you have and have backtracked and contradicted yourself several times. It's funny to watch.

Good to hear...He is also divine,
Nope. The created isn't divine.

begotten of the Father before all worlds, One with the father from the beginning, being the Word of God. So you're only missing a few details that oral tradition demands you deny.
Begotten means something didn't exist before. So, yes you missed the basics.

Terrible example. But throroughly understandable, when you ignore the reason for the shemah.
This is funny considering you can't read the Hebrew behind it.

I have answered. Why don't you admit that you do not believe Torah? That your god has no image or likeness into which Adam was created?
Why don't you admit your god is physical and created?

Of course...and my explanation does not need to avoid or deny pesky first chapters of Torah.
Of course your idea contradicts basic reason. What does Vayomer mean? Is sheep ? singular or plural?

Huh? "They will look on him with whom they pierced..that all humans...look to god? Is English your first language?
Rotfl... Jesus has eyes and knees, right? I guess reason isn't a first thought with you?

What is a JPS? This is all pure invention. You're appealing to authority when you don't know grammar...?
Jewish Publication Society. Look it up in the Biblehub.com.

I saw. I saw you invent "grammar" out of whole cloth. Do you know Hebrew?
Better than you.

Who created your god...formless and void, having no image or likeness, and incapable of creating anything in his image and likeness?
That's the point. A non-physical God isn't created. You've admitted your god is physical and created. The next step is becoming a Mormon.

Who made up the rules you follow according to your own imagination...that actually nullify and render void the Tenakh?
See the JPS.

I actually agree with this statement..."Three persons" is an unfortunate misnomer for our mutual tripartite nature. That makes it sound like three people...Not even possibly God.
Yep, such is the idolatry of the Trinity.

You have created a god that is contrary to Torah. Not I.
Yours are the gods of the Mormons.

Well, he has knees that bow. That won't change.
He clearly is a stumbling block and a rock of offense...as it is written. That won't change. The builders have rejected it according to scripture, and He is the head of the corner, as it is written.

You represent the fulfillment of your own Tenach. Every knee will bow.

Yes, and it wasn't a physical image as I've previously explained. Do you think otherwise?
You've explained nothing...and I agree with your "yes." I think Adam was created in his image, and according to His likeness..."His image and likeness" are the words I will. use, as it is written, the rest is up to Him. I shall not deny that His Word is truth, neither to explain away clear meaning so that god fits the limitations of the box I built to keep him in.
See above. Is your gods image physical or not? It's a simple yes or no. You're quite the dancer :)
You said, "Yes, and it wasn't a physical image..." I think no further explanation is necessary. That seems to satisfy you, as long as you never forget that Adam is in His image and His likeness...
Yes, of course. Is that image physical?
It's His image. See above.

You've danced around the issue. Is the image physical?
The image is His. See above. Adam is created in God's image and according to His likeness...I have no problem saying what He said. Why add to His Word?

Really. Can you give an example of something that is physical and eternal?
Can you define physical? When Isaiah saw the Lord high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple, did he see a temple? Did he see the train of His robe? Do you have to say what he saw was physical? Isaiah only said he saw. He did not agonize over the agony from which you seem to be suffering.

I can say, "Isaiah saw the Lord high and lifted up." No problem, because I actually believe Isaiah saw Whom he said he saw. Do you believe Isaiah? Did he see the train of His robe? Does the Most High wear a robe?

Then your god is physical and occupies space, created.
See above. God is not formless and void. Your logic is woefully flawed, and your presumption only proves you know nothing at all of Christianity.
Show us where I took scriptures, Tanakh, out of context.
I did. See above.
Have you read your replies above? ;)
I read, re-read and edit...Clarity is important, because the issues you raise are very important.
Aah, God gave man a woman. It's in Genesis.
True...and you've answered nothing either, have you? Let's try again: Does God have a bride? Do you believe as it is written, Israel is God's bride?...Tell me, what type of creature shall man marry? We know the answer...What type of being weds with God? He's not ashamed to admit it.
Sounds like it. Though no state legally recognizes such marriages, yet. Maybe in your home town?
Not yet...but nothing will prevent todays governments from enforcing such perversion...until the godly arise and bring back the kingdom.

By analogy, covenant.
OK
Actually you have and have backtracked and contradicted yourself several times. It's funny to watch.
You're projecting. There is no contradiction to what I'm saying. Neither am I forced to deny scripture as it is written.
Nope. The created isn't divine.
You have to force the concept to perpetuate your denial of Messiah. Jesus, the Word, was with the Father in the beginning. Without Him was not anything made that was made...
Begotten means something didn't exist before. So, yes you missed the basics.
No...Begotten shows the process...the Word, with the Father...ever and eternal.
This is funny considering you can't read the Hebrew behind it.
Denial is always amusing.
Why don't you admit your god is physical and created?
Why don't you admit you do not believe Torah, and your traditions have enforced blindness on you? Ping pong is my favorite sport. ;)
Of course your idea contradicts basic reason. What does Vayomer mean? Is sheep ? singular or plural?
Sheep is an English anomaly...1st person plural is plural in any language.
Rotfl... Jesus has eyes and knees, right? I guess reason isn't a first thought with you?
:roflmao: The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. I guess denial is the next best thing to actual history for you, eh?
Jewish Publication Society. Look it up in the Biblehub.com.
No...your own grammar is flawed. "ET" is not a preposition.

Better than you.
Well that's a claim to fame to be sure...error is still error.

That's the point. A non-physical God isn't created. You've admitted your god is physical and created. The next step is becoming a Mormon.
You actually missed my point. Your god is formless and void, having no image or likeness, and incapable of creating anything in his own image and likeness. Your god is a contradiction to Torah.
See the JPS.
Nah...Contrived appeal to authority. You wasted that card when you made a particle that precedes the accusative case into a preposition.
Yep, such is the idolatry of the Trinity.
You actually agreed to it in part above. The Father, the Word and the Spirit...all created the heavens and the earth. Not three persons. Three...perfectly one.

Yours are the gods of the Mormons.
You delight in insulting my intelligence. That's a sad trait. The discussion is still interesting despite your flawed weakness.

Psalm 118
22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

Matthew 21:42 KJV — Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
This doesn't answer the questions that you quoted.

He clearly is a stumbling block and a rock of offense...as it is written. That won't change. The builders have rejected it according to scripture, and He is the head of the corner, as it is written.
No offense to me. He's just human with a pair of knees like all men.

You represent the fulfillment of your own Tenach. Every knee will bow.
Actually, this would include Jesus as well. He practiced in Gethsemane. ;)

You've explained nothing...and I agree with your "yes." I think Adam was created in his image, and according to His likeness..."His image and likeness" are the words I will. use, as it is written, the rest is up to Him.
So in other words you're squirming and can't admit your precarious position of admitting to a physically created god. If Torah wanted to emphasize physicality to God, it would have used toar for physical appearance, beauty, etc.

I shall not deny that His Word is truth, neither to explain away clear meaning so that god fits the limitations of the box I built to keep him in.
Yes, the clear meaning that God is alone, singular, and created using the dirt, air, water, etc, with man.

You said, "Yes, and it wasn't a physical image..." I think no further explanation is necessary. That seems to satisfy you, as long as you never forget that Adam is in His image and His likeness...
It's the only understanding available without getting stuck with a created god as you are.

It's His image. See above.
Yes, the ability to reason, rule, speak, etc., like God does.

The image is His. See above. Adam is created in God's image and according to His likeness...I have no problem saying what He said. Why add to His Word?
I haven't added. You're quite scared, aren't you. ;)

Can you define physical?
Anything with form. God said at Sinai He has none, Deut 4:8,12,35, and to teach this. That's why idols and idolatry involve forms.

When Isaiah saw the Lord high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple, did he see a temple?
Yep, Isaiah saw a vision.

Did he see the train of His robe? Do you have to say what he saw was physical? Isaiah only said he saw. He did not agonize over the agony from which you seem to be suffering.
See above. Visions and riddles.

I can say, "Isaiah saw the Lord high and lifted up." No problem, because I actually believe Isaiah saw Whom he said he saw. Do you believe Isaiah? Did he see the train of His robe? Does the Most High wear a robe?
I can say he saw visions and riddles.

See above. God is not formless and void. Your logic is woefully flawed, and your presumption only proves you know nothing at all of Christianity.
Actually, the revelation at Sinai proved otherwise. Christianity as you practice it is idolatry.

I did. See above.
I read, re-read and edit...Clarity is important, because the issues you raise are very important.
True...and you've answered nothing either, have you? Let's try again: Does God have a bride? Do you believe as it is written, Israel is God's bride?
I've answered all.

...Tell me, what type of creature shall man marry? We know the answer...What type of being weds with God? He's not ashamed to admit it.
Answered. A nation accepted God. That is depicted as a marriage. We're not ashamed to admit that. ;)

Not yet...but nothing will prevent todays governments from enforcing such perversion...until the godly arise and bring back the kingdom.
Yep.

OK
You're projecting. There is no contradiction to what I'm saying. Neither am I forced to deny scripture as it is written.
You have to force the concept to perpetuate your denial of Messiah.
Nope, Messiah is just human like the rest of us with knees.

Jesus, the Word, was with the Father in the beginning. Without Him was not anything made that was made...
Nope, no support in Tanakh for this NT rubbish.

No...Begotten shows the process...the Word, with the Father...ever and eternal.
Denial is always amusing.
Nope. Look up the term in Hebrew. It comes from yulad to be birthed.

Why don't you admit you do not believe Torah, and your traditions have enforced blindness on you? Ping pong is my favorite sport. ;)
Rotfl... I can admit your ignorant of Hebrew and can't reason away your physically created god.

Sheep is an English anomaly...1st person plural is plural in any language.
Sheep, fish, deer, all have singular and plural meanings depending on the context. That applies to the term elohim as well. False gods are in the plural;)

:roflmao: The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. I guess denial is the next best thing to actual history for you, eh?
Rotfl... all of God's spoken words of creation became physical too. Try your idolatry with someone else.

No...your own grammar is flawed. "ET" is not a preposition.
Search on it, TBH. What do you find in Isaiah 41:4. I didn't say et was a preposition.

Well that's a claim to fame to be sure...error is still error.
Then you're still in error.

You actually missed my point. Your god is formless and void, having no image or likeness, and incapable of creating anything in his own image and likeness.
I explained this to you already. You're focused on a physical image, I'm not.

Your god is a contradiction to Torah.
Nope. I don't know why you say this when you can't read it or understand it.

Nah...Contrived appeal to authority. You wasted that card when you made a particle that precedes the accusative case into a preposition.
See above.

You actually agreed to it in part above. The Father, the Word and the Spirit...all created the heavens and the earth. Not three persons. Three...perfectly one.
Actually not. An action or word is not a person, nor confused with a person.

You delight in insulting my intelligence. That's a sad trait. The discussion is still interesting despite your flawed weakness.
I'm not insulting your intelligence. I'm refuting your position. You actually believe in a physical god, no different than the Mormons. You're all cults. Jesus was birthed and human like the Mormon gods. So sad ?.

Last edited:
If you believe who the cornerstone is than you will know how the thief was forgiven.
By believing(Faith).
Say what? Do you understand how a conversation is carried on? When you reply, it addresses what was said. You don't just say random things out of the blue. That's just... wierd.

If you believe who the cornerstone is than you will know how the thief was forgiven.
By believing(Faith).
Sorry, but he was obligated to bring sacrifices for his sins while the temple existed. That's the Christian argument. Since he wasn't able to, and you say that his faith saved him, then Jews today are forgiven too on the basis of prayer and their faith that God will as promised. In fact, the prophets say as much as @Open Heart has shown.

So, your argument is refuted.

Sorry, but he was obligated to bring sacrifices for his sins while the temple existed. That's the Christian argument. Since he wasn't able to, and you say that his faith saved him, then Jews today are forgiven too on the basis of prayer and their faith that God will as promised. In fact, the prophets say as much as @Open Heart has shown.

So, your argument is refuted.
Your rejection, refusal fullfills Psalm 118:22

21I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
22The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

23This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

Your rejection, refusal fullfills Psalm 118:22

21I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
22The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

23This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

Psalm 118:22 is not a prophecy to be fulfilled.

That's an interesting claim...It is also false. David prophesied, and much of his song is prophecy. The sons of Korah and Asaph were called to prophesy in song.
The verse was written by King David in reference to himself. When Samuel the Prophet was sent to Jesse's house to choose a king from among his sons (I Samuel 16:1-13), Jesse brought all his sons before Samuel except for David, the youngest, who was in the fields tending the sheep. Samuel thought that G-d would choose the oldest son, but G-d told him, No, I have rejected these. Finally Samuel asked, Do you have any other sons? And Jesse sent for David. G-d said, Arise and anoint him, for he is the one. David was thus the stone rejected by the builders Jesse and Samuel, and he became the cornerstone of the great dynasty of Jewish kings. https://www.truetorahjews.org/qanda/stone

No offense to me. He's just human with a pair of knees like all men.
You're not a builder either...you have just consigned your own reason to the builders who rejected Him because He was to them a rock of offense.

Doesn't really matter that you're not offended, does it?
Actually, this would include Jesus as well. He practiced in Gethsemane. ;)
Weird question...His knees bowed to His Father. The Romans fell down in front of Him. The Jews you confide your own judgment to tried Him illegally, and illegally pursued a death penalty
So in other words you're squirming and can't admit your precarious position of admitting to a physically created god. If Torah wanted to emphasize physicality to God, it would have used toar for physical appearance, beauty, etc.
Naaah. I'm amused that this is the best you can do. You've denied the Torah, said your god is formless and void, and has no image in which to make anything.

And you want to accuse me of absurdity!
Yes, the clear meaning that God is alone, singular, and created using the dirt, air, water, etc, with man.
Yes...The Father and the Word and the Spirit...alone and singular, created man, body soul and spirit...alone and singular, in His image. Blindness is not an argument. It's just absence of insight.
It's the only understanding available without getting stuck with a created god as you are.
Actually...your god is the creation of what you've erased from Torah to meet and satisfy your own objections. Your god is a creature of someone's reason from two thousand years ago, when the builders decided Messiah missed his appointment, and did not surrender to them.
Yes, the ability to reason, rule, speak, etc., like God does.
Not an image. Not even close. Tselem is always physical. And Duluth is external appearance...Your god has no tselem and no duluth...it is formless and void.
I haven't added. You're quite scared, aren't you. ;)
You've subtracted...
Anything with form. God said at Sinai He has none, Deut 4:8,12,35, and to teach this. That's why idols and idolatry involve forms.
God in the Torah said He has deliberately created Adam in His...not formless...not void.
Yep, Isaiah saw a vision.
You've added so you can subtract. He did not say "I saw a vision." He said he saw.
See above. Visions and riddles.
The answer is yes. Why are you so afraid?
I can say he saw visions and riddles.
I know you can. You can invent, because invention has been the prescribed way of denial for two thousand years.

You're only nullifying the Word of God in favor of your traditions...as Messiah said you were.
Actually, the revelation at Sinai proved otherwise. Christianity as you practice it is idolatry.
It confirms what I just said. God had a backside that Moses could look on, because he could not look on His face...So He also has a face.
I've answered all.
In your own eyes to your own satisfaction. It runs in the family, but is not a good basis for judgment. And you refuse to actually answer...What are you afraid of?
Answered. A nation accepted God. That is depicted as a marriage. We're not ashamed to admit that. ;)
You almost answered this time. Thank you. Yet, again you skirt the direct question...Is this a trans-species relationship? Or not a marriage? Just a fake/symbolic myth?

In Christianity, there is an actual wedding, and Messiah has a bride who sits with Him on the throne and judges the nations. And she is One Bride with many members.
Yep. Nope, Messiah is just human like the rest of us with knees.
Was human...Now He's like we will be. As it is written, He set immortality aside and became flesh and walked among us. Then, immortality restored in His resurrection, He was able to restore Adam's race to the kinship we first had. That was the bride price.
Nope, no support in Tanakh for this NT rubbish.
You have shown how you've limited your own reading of the Tanakh. Show me anything that was created without the Word...Nothing was until it was spoken. And that's the first chapter of Torah. You don't have much for a foundation when you call that rubbish.
Nope. Look up the term in Hebrew. It comes from yulad to be birthed.
Again, it seems your Hebrew is weak...Abraham yalad Isaac...He was not birthed by Isaac. He brought Isaac to birth...You're completely backwards.
Rotfl... I can admit your ignorant of Hebrew and can't reason away your physically created god.
Sheep, fish, deer, all have singular and plural meanings depending on the context. That applies to the term elohim as well. False gods are in the plural;)[/quote]Even your grammar is oddly (deliberately?) flawed...One sheep two sheep. One fish two fish. One deer two deer...BUT one el two...the dual form...and more than two: Elohim.
Rotfl... all of God's spoken words of creation became physical too. Try your idolatry with someone else.
Try your denial anywhere else...God's very Word became flesh, and was seen...grace for grace, light for light and truth for truth.

You're a descendant of Adam. Adam was formed by the Word, and the Hand of God and His breath. You are not a creation of words, just a biological descendant thereof, a byproduct of the process He began with the Word and the Spirit.
Search on it, TBH. What do you find in Isaiah 41:4. I didn't say et was a preposition.
And we weren't talking about Isaiah...but about Zechariah 12:10. That was where you said "et" meant "with".
Here's what you said, "Yep, and the 'et' in this case is with. Learn some Hebrew. With whom they pierced." ...which is a ridiculous assertion to begin with, as I pointed out, because it makes no sense. "With", by the way, IS a preposition.

Then it took me minutes to check out the grammar, and I remarked:
"Learn language...The first requirement: It must make sense. "They will look on Him with whom they pierced..." Sounds like we were playing darts."

Then I added: "Throwing your weight around with your vastly superior knowledge only makes you look silly: No where does any authority say, "'et' mean 'with'" in any case. 'Et' is an 'Untranslatable mark of the accusative; mark of accusative'. It has no meaning, but, applied to 'him', which it is, we know whom 'they pierced.'

"Besides, you should learn translation: There will always be difference of opinion where two possibilities exist...if they even exist, which does not apply to this case. In this case, you invented."

Not the text we're talking about...
Then you're still in error.
Clearly not.
I explained this to you already. You're focused on a physical image, I'm not.
I'm focused on reading what is written, not making things up to satisfy my misunderstanding.
Nope. I don't know why you say this when you can't read it or understand it.
You've proven someone here is neither reading or understanding...see above. It's not me having problems remembering what we're talking about.
See above.
Good idea! :ROFLMAO:
Actually not. An action or word is not a person, nor confused with a person.
Ahhh...but the Word is indeed a person. The perfect expression of the Father Himself made visible.
I'm not insulting your intelligence. I'm refuting your position. You actually believe in a physical god, no different than the Mormons. You're all cults. Jesus was birthed and human like the Mormon gods. So sad ?.
You're only showing how poorly you read. You make this stuff up and project it on to those whom you are unable to understand, because the doctrines of man and ancient tradition has nullified the life of the Word of God in you.

The verse was written by King David in reference to himself. When Samuel the Prophet was sent to Jesse's house to choose a king from among his sons (I Samuel 16:1-13), Jesse brought all his sons before Samuel except for David, the youngest, who was in the fields tending the sheep. Samuel thought that G-d would choose the oldest son, but G-d told him, No, I have rejected these. Finally Samuel asked, Do you have any other sons? And Jesse sent for David. G-d said, Arise and anoint him, for he is the one. David was thus the stone rejected by the builders Jesse and Samuel, and he became the cornerstone of the great dynasty of Jewish kings. https://www.truetorahjews.org/qanda/stone
Yeah no....this is totally off. Nice try though. The rabbi's quite clever. No one rejected David, least of all his own dad. No one in Israel rejected David, except the evil spirit from the Lord that afflicted Saul. David was the youngest, and someone had to stay with the sheep...neither is David the cornerstone of any building. There is nothing in the psalm or in the proximity that ascribes it to David. Of course your new friends have to scramble to excuse the fact that they rejected the Stone that has become the cornerstone of the Family of God...the living temple built of living stones. That's why David calls Messiah "Lord", when he sang, "The Lord said to my Lord, sit at my right hand..."

Last edited:
You're not a builder either...you have just consigned your own reason to the builders who rejected Him because He was to them a rock of offense.
Any Jew that promotes Torah is a builder. You got it wrong.

Doesn't really matter that you're not offended, does it?
Then why ask a silly question?

Weird question...His knees bowed to His Father.
God the Creator. There's no doubt Jesus isn't God.

The Romans fell down in front of Him. The Jews you confide your own judgment to tried Him illegally, and illegally pursued a death penalty
Rotfl... this has nothing to do with the topic, but Rome executed your god.

Naaah. I'm amused that this is the best you can do. You've denied the Torah, said your god is formless and void, and has no image in which to make anything.
Again, you continue with a false accusation. I've said that the image we are created in includes the ability to reason, speak, think, rule, which no other animal does.

So, you agree your god has a physical form and is created. Even Jesus acknowledges that God has no physical form (flesh or blood), which Isaiah confirms in Isaiah 40:18,25;46:5, with the use of damah for blood, physicality, and adam/man.

So, you're acknowledging a created god on your part, which really isn't a god at all.

And you want to accuse me of absurdity!
Yes, you have the god of the Mormons.

Yes...The Father and the Word and the Spirit...alone and singular, created man, body soul and spirit...alone and singular, in His image. Blindness is not an argument. It's just absence of insight.
False, Nehemiah 9:6 is clear God created exclusively alone. No one else, one person. It's clear.

Actually...your god is the creation of what you've erased from Torah to meet and satisfy your own objections. Your god is a creature of someone's reason from two thousand years ago, when the builders decided Messiah missed his appointment, and did not surrender to them.
Nope, see above.

Not an image. Not even close. Tselem is always physical. And Duluth is external appearance...Your god has no tselem and no duluth...it is formless and void.
False. Tzelem is also used in Psalm 73:20, contempt for man's soul, not the properties of his body. Demut is used in regards to an abstract relation, like a pelican in the wilderness, Psalm 102:6.

Gen 1:26 uses these terms for God for abstract ideas explained above.

You've subtracted...
Show me where. You've added physicality and a created god.

God in the Torah said He has deliberately created Adam in His...not formless...not void.
Yes, explained above. Explain who created the image of your god. Stop running away from the problem you have.

You've added so you can subtract. He did not say "I saw a vision." He said he saw.
Start from Isaiah 1, also read Numbers 12:6-8.

The answer is yes. Why are you so afraid?
Rotfl... of visions and riddles?

I know you can. You can invent, because invention has been the prescribed way of denial for two thousand years.
Christianity was built on inventions.

You're only nullifying the Word of God in favor of your traditions...as Messiah said you were.
See above. Messiah hasnt arrived.

It confirms what I just said. God had a backside that Moses could look on, because he could not look on His face...So He also has a face.
Nope, panai would mean any physical presence which God said is not possible. You're admitting again to physical god which must be created as well.

In your own eyes to your own satisfaction. It runs in the family, but is not a good basis for judgment. And you refuse to actually answer...What are you afraid of?
I've answered all. Tell us who created your god since the Father has no physicality.

You almost answered this time. Thank you. Yet, again you skirt the direct question...Is this a trans-species relationship? Or not a marriage? Just a fake/symbolic myth?
Not a physical marriage. It was pretty clear. Even Jesus admits to this as he says there is no marriage in the resurrection. So there is zero physical marriage with the church. It's all metaphor.

In Christianity, there is an actual wedding, and Messiah has a bride who sits with Him on the throne and judges the nations. And she is One Bride with many members.
Well that's a problem with Christianity. Ironically, Jesus himself said there is no marriage in the resurrection, so your physical understanding is debunked. See above.

Was human...Now He's like we will be. As it is written, He set immortality aside and became flesh and walked among us. Then, immortality restored in His resurrection, He was able to restore Adam's race to the kinship we first had. That was the bride price.
He still is. He's returning as he was according to the NT.

You have shown how you've limited your own reading of the Tanakh. Show me anything that was created without the Word...Nothing was until it was spoken. And that's the first chapter of Torah. You don't have much for a foundation when you call that rubbish.
I never said anything wasn't spoken into creation. You just proved God has no physical form. Words are spoken and don't exist before that.

Yours are created gods. Rotfl...

Again, it seems your Hebrew is weak...Abraham yalad Isaac...He was not birthed by Isaac. He brought Isaac to birth...You're completely backwards.
What? Where did this come from?

tbeachhead said:
Even your grammar is oddly (deliberately?) flawed...One sheep two sheep. One fish two fish. One deer two deer...BUT one el two...the dual form...and more than two: Elohim.
Not really. If you've bother looking at the Tanakh, you'll see the term elohim is translated as gods or God, depending on context. This are the only two choices.

tbeachhead said:
Try your denial anywhere else...God's very Word became flesh, and was seen...grace for grace, light for light and truth for truth.
You just said above that all was created. So, when God speaks everything becomes physical. God isn't physical nor has those attributes to become physical.

tbeachhead said:
You're a descendant of Adam. Adam was formed by the Word, and the Hand of God and His breath. You are not a creation of words, just a biological descendant thereof, a byproduct of the process He began with the Word and the Spirit.
Adam was formed by air, dirt, and water, etc.

tbeachhead said:
And we weren't talking about Isaiah...but about Zechariah 12:10. That was where you said "et" meant "with".
Here's what you said, "Yep, and the 'et' in this case is with. Learn some Hebrew. With whom they pierced." ...which is a ridiculous assertion to begin with, as I pointed out, because it makes no sense. "With", by the way, IS a preposition.
I showed you how "et" is used as with. Can't you follow?

tbeachhead said:
Then it took me minutes to check out the grammar, and I remarked:
"Learn language...The first requirement: It must make sense. "They will look on Him with whom they pierced..." Sounds like we were playing darts."
Well, I'm scoring. You're missing the mark ;)

tbeachhead said:
Then I added: "Throwing your weight around with your vastly superior knowledge only makes you look silly: No where does any authority say, "'et' mean 'with'" in any case. 'Et' is an 'Untranslatable mark of the accusative; mark of accusative'. It has no meaning, but, applied to 'him', which it is, we know whom 'they pierced.'
And I showed you that "et" can be translated as with.

tbeachhead said:
"Besides, you should learn translation: There will always be difference of opinion where two possibilities exist...if they even exist, which does not apply to this case. In this case, you invented."
Nope, see above.

tbeachhead said:
Not the text we're talking about...
You said "et" wasn't translated as with anywhere. So, you were wrong.

tbeachhead said:
Clearly not.
Sorry TBH, but you are.

tbeachhead said:
I'm focused on reading what is written, not making things up to satisfy my misunderstanding.
You're focused on a translation.

tbeachhead said:
You've proven someone here is neither reading or understanding...see above. It's not me having problems remembering what we're talking about.
See above.

tbeachhead said:
Good idea! :ROFLMAO:
Ahhh...but the Word is indeed a person. The perfect expression of the Father Himself made visible.
Actually, the Tanakh doesn't support the notion that "word" is a person. Please find me a verse that says this.

Last edited:
Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves--for ye saw no manner of form on the day that the LORD spoke unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire Deuteronomy 4:15

So, according to the above, teh Torah DOES teach that God has no form.

Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves--for ye saw no manner of form on the day that the LORD spoke unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire Deuteronomy 4:15

So, according to the above, teh Torah DOES teach that God has no form.
And that's how you read, and what has been enforced on you. That is not what the verse actually says, though, is it?

According to the above, The people (not Moses) "SAW no form" on a specific day, the day God spoke to THEM out of the fire. ("Ye" is plural...he's not talking about what Moses saw from the cleft of the rock. He's addressing the entire camp.)

Any Jew that promotes Torah is a builder. You got it wrong.
Promotes that part of Torah that you do not reject?

Well, then you certainly do fulfill the prophecy, don't you...having rejected the cornerstone?
Then why ask a silly question?
Just observing...
God the Creator. There's no doubt Jesus isn't God.
There is no doubt Who He is...without Him nothing was made that was made. The part that you reject, the rock of offense, is actually the cornerstone, as it is written.
Rotfl... this has nothing to do with the topic, but Rome executed your god.
:rolleyes: The trial before the Sanhedrin was illegal, and contrary to Torah...replete with false witnesses procured by the priests. Rome performed the execution, because your people turned Him over to the Goyim, but the Sanhedrin demanded the death penalty...in fulfillment of the scriptures.
Again, you continue with a false accusation. I've said that the image we are created in includes the ability to reason, speak, think, rule, which no other animal does.
So you deny Torah and make a nonsensical definition that denies image. Could you draw me a picture of fantasy or create a likeness to illustrate it? That's not the definition of Image I find in any dictionary. And, as I said, that's the best you can do when your own false religion makes you scramble around the word you profess to believe.
So, you agree your god has a physical form
so you agree that your god is formless and void, that he is incapable of creating anything in his image and according to his likeness, having neither image nor likeness, but only esoteric qualities allowed by your own imagination.

and is created.
...and is a figment of your imagination? :rolleyes: Two can play, though it's tediously redundant.

Even Jesus acknowledges that God has no physical form (flesh or blood), which Isaiah confirms in Isaiah 40:18,25;46:5, with the use of damah for blood, physicality, and adam/man.
You're repeating yourself. See above...His likeness is incomparable does not say "He has no likeness." You're banking on an old and specious argument.

So, you're acknowledging a created god on your part, which really isn't a god at all.
So you're acknowledging a formless empty god who cannot create anything in his image at all...and conforms willingly to the limits you have set for him. You're admitting that in your religion "incomparable" means "non-existent."
Yes, you have the god of the Mormons.
:roflmao: Is this from "100 Ways for Jews to Insult Goy Evangelicals"? This is ludicrous. Joe and Brigham had to invent as much as you did...they even found your "lost tribes" and brought them to America in submarines. You guys would do well together. I understand there's even kabbalistic magic in their "temple" ceremonies...and they wear pure linen underwear.
False, Nehemiah 9:6 is clear God created exclusively alone. No one else, one person. It's clear.
Yep...The Father Who made, the Word by Whom nothing was made that was made, and the Spirit Who brooded on the waters. Only One and Unique.
Nope, see above.
See above...
False. Tzelem is also used in Psalm 73:20, contempt for man's soul, not the properties of his body.
Purely arbitrary interpretation...It does not say "soul." You're imposing your own will on the translation. Read all the translations on BibleHub...your own claim is pure obfuscation.

Demut is used in regards to an abstract relation, like a pelican in the wilderness, Psalm 102:6.
No it is not...It's used in a metaphor. "My likeness is that of...." You are bent on twisting the language you claim to know so well. I'm beginning to doubt you even speak it.
Gen 1:26 uses these terms for God for abstract ideas explained above.
See above. You've successfully refuted your own claim.
Show me where. You've added physicality and a created god.
See above. I've read Torah, and unlike you, I've believed it as it stands. No need to add. No need to subtract...no need to change the meaning of words that are concrete in their original intent and meaning...
Yes, explained above. Explain who created the image of your god. Stop running away from the problem you have.
Nonsensical redundancy whose aim is only to insult someone's intelligence. See above.
Start from Isaiah 1, also read Numbers 12:6-8.
Wahahaha...See above! Oh...and check out verse 8 in Numbers 12...when you want to refute your own claim:
8"I speak with him face to face,
clearly and not in riddles;
he sees the form of the LORD. "

But He has no face...and He has no form...well...your god doesn't. Your god isn't telling the truth. And the truth is Isaiah saw. AND Moses actually SAW according to the Word of the Lord.

Rotfl... of visions and riddles?
Naah...of what he actually saw.
Christianity was built on inventions.
It's built on the Tenakh...and the resurrection according to the writings contained in the Tenakh.
See above. Messiah hasnt arrived.
Look up before it's too late. He's not only come, He's shortly returning, and you'll look on Him Whom you pierced.
Nope, panai would mean any physical presence which God said is not possible. You're admitting again to physical god which must be created as well.
See above. You already adequately refuted your own claim.
I've answered all. Tell us who created your god since the Father has no physicality.
Naahhh...you've resorted to this ridiculous sparring...tell me...why have you limited your god to formlessness and void?
Not a physical marriage. It was pretty clear. Even Jesus admits to this as he says there is no marriage in the resurrection. So there is zero physical marriage with the church. It's all metaphor.
Of course it is not physical marriage...And of course Jesus said "there is no marriage in heaven"...as in partners don't reunite like Muslims on couches. There is One Bride and One groom...and every member of the Bride is one with the Bride...as God Himself is One...
Well that's a problem with Christianity. Ironically, Jesus himself said there is no marriage in the resurrection, so your physical understanding is debunked. See above.
See above...your limited understanding is flawed. Marriage in this life pre-figures the Marriage we have to celebrate...male and female each playing a prophetic role...See Ephesians 5:32. ( ;) You can look it up for yourself, since you keep sending me down rabbit holes.)
He still is. He's returning as he was according to the NT.
Resurrected and immortal...as He was from the beginning, and as He appeared so often in the OT.
I never said anything wasn't spoken into creation. You just proved God has no physical form. Words are spoken and don't exist before that.
Nope...you just proved how little you understand. Jesus was the visible manifestation of the invisible God...the Word made flesh to dwell among us for a season.
Yours are created gods. Rotfl...
Nope. See above. But...Yours is only imaginary and artificially limited by your own traditions.
What? Where did this come from?
See above. Your argument is specious. It's the meaning of "begat."
Not really. If you've bother looking at the Tanakh, you'll see the term elohim is translated as gods or God, depending on context. This are the only two choices.
And it's always the plural form...Highlighting the paradox of the shemah.
You just said above that all was created. So, when God speaks everything becomes physical. God isn't physical nor has those attributes to become physical.
His words are the hands He uses to create all things. Why do you not see this?
Adam was formed by air, dirt, and water, etc.
Adam was made in God's image and according to His likeness by His Will and according to His Word...and then the breath of God entered into his nostrils, and he became a living soul...the spirit went into the blood, and Adam lived.
I showed you how "et" is used as with. Can't you follow?
You went out of context to obfuscate your own error. Zechariah does not have "with"...only a particle that has no meaning in English. Why are you having such a hard time admitting that your Hebrew is flawed?
Well, I'm scoring. You're missing the mark ;)
That must feel good...to make the claim and convince yourself...

I can't help thinking how absurd this seems...to anyone actually following there strand.
And I showed you that "et" can be translated as with.
No...you didn't. And it isn't. You left the contest of Zechariah to obfuscate the fact that your Hebrew is flawed.
Nope, see above.
You said "et" wasn't translated as with anywhere. So, you were wrong.[/quote]I'm going to try and help you with this, since you clearly do not know Hebrew as you pretend. Here's the verse on BibleHub: https://biblehub.com/isaiah/41-4.htm

Check out the different translations...and how different translators add the word "with". It's not in the original Hebrew. "ET" is...and it's only a particle. Translators make choices. Learn language...learn how difficult translating can be.

Trying to help. You err, and your appeal to authority is absurd.
Sorry TBH, but you are.
You're focused on a translation.
Naaahhh...focused on Truth...
See above.
Actually, the Tanakh doesn't support the notion that "word" is a person. Please find me a verse that says this.
Actually, the Tanakh defends Himself adequately against your suggestion. He is the Word, after all.

Back