TULIP is Biblical

Taking the office of teacher is a whole different category. Teachers, like pastors, are called by God to those offices.
Agreed and the church, elders, pastors affirm the gift . You don’t have to agree with a person to affirm they are a teacher otherwise you would have to deny every non Calvinist is a teacher .

Agreed and the church, elders, pastors affirm the gift . You don’t have to agree with a person to affirm they are a teacher otherwise you would have to deny every non Calvinist is a teacher .
I agree.
It’s interesting you mentioned this because I remember sitting under a teacher who claimed he was a Calvinist but wasn’t in a few areas. When I asked him questions, some good ones at that, he became very upset because in his view, he either couldn’t answer, or answered weakly and I challenged (respectfully) his answers. Which followed he couldn’t answer but just dug himself deeper.
I eventually stopped going because we were friends and I had to apologize to him almost every week. He was quite upset at times.
And I really like him as a brother in Christ.

I agree.
It’s interesting you mentioned this because I remember sitting under a teacher who claimed he was a Calvinist but wasn’t in a few areas. When I asked him questions, some good ones at that, he became very upset because in his view, he either couldn’t answer, or answered weakly and I challenged (respectfully) his answers. Which followed he couldn’t answer but just dug himself deeper.
I eventually stopped going because we were friends and I had to apologize to him almost every week. He was quite upset at times.
And I really like him as a brother in Christ.
@civic
I’m a black and white type of person, I cannot stand grey areas. Which was one of my major problems with being an Arminian, before I knew what an Arminian was.
I just couldn’t connect the dots as an Arminian, but couldn’t stay away either, and I was convinced that when it comes to God, the dots connect! I was at the end of my ropes as an Arminian. It was then, not sure how long after that I was given eyes to see scripture in the reformed view. All of a sudden, the dots started to connect.
Of course, there are some grey areas, and I finally come to the place after wrestling for a long time to where I realize I’m just not going to get an answer on something in particular. But until I come to that point. I just can’t stop wrestling.
Those grey areas I just have to live with, knowing God has a secret council.

@civic
I’m a black and white type of person, I cannot stand grey areas. Which was one of my major problems with being an Arminian, before I knew what an Arminian was.
I just couldn’t connect the dots as an Arminian, but couldn’t stay away either, and I was convinced that when it comes to God, the dots connect! I was at the end of my ropes as an Arminian. It was then, not sure how long after that I was given eyes to see scripture in the reformed view. All of a sudden, the dots started to connect.
Of course, there are some grey areas, and I finally come to the place after wrestling for a long time to where I realize I’m just not going to get an answer on something in particular. But until I come to that point. I just can’t stop wrestling.
Those grey areas I just have to live with, knowing God has a secret council.
And that’s good to realize there are some grey . I’ve been learning some valuable lessons on loving one of my children on a path I don’t agree with at all so I’m not letting my personal convictions get in the way of loving them just like the grace my Heavenly Father shows me I’m extending to them . It’s not easy by any means but they know I’m loving them through this difficult time unconditionally.

I even PM you and you ignored that as well .

That was back in January.
I wasn't aware that I was compelled to respond like a dog, every time you call me.

Besides you would neither like or accept the advice I would have for you (as has been made evident of late), so it would have been a waste of time.

That was back in January.
I wasn't aware that I was compelled to respond like a dog, every time you call me.

Besides you would neither like or accept the advice I would have for you (as has been made evident of late), so it would have been a waste of time.
You know that’s not true as we have had mutual respect for each other for well over a decade . My views have not changed about you one bit Theo . I still respect you even though we might not agree on some things . You are the one who thinks differently about me . Will you even admit that’s true ?

Just as the poster uses the same argument against Arminians that

“ free will “ is not found in the Bible neither is total depravity, unconditional election , limited atonement, irresistible grace or perseverance of the saints .

you cannot have your cake and eat it too, as they say what’s good for the goose is good for the gander .

Next
Hmm...

The concept of man having a free will (in the LFW sense) is not found in the Bible; but, the concepts of TULIP are. The expression "free will" is found in some translations, but does not mean the same thing that those who support LFW mean by it.

Hmm...

The concept of man having a free will (in the LFW sense) is not found in the Bible; but, the concepts of TULIP are. The expression "free will" is found in some translations, but does not mean the same thing that those who support LFW mean by it.
I agree which is my point David just like the Trinity.

Like wise
My time here is going to be limited soon anyways between life-group, Tuesday/ Thursday morning Mens discipleship meetings . So that’s going to keep me pretty busy lol. I’m sure you guys will be happy about that anyways lol.

But what’s the fun in here when everyone is in agreement anyways ? There is nothing to challenge / sharpen us right ?

The whole reason I’ve been in this forum for nearly 2 decades as a Calvinist was to defend my beliefs with the opposition and have them challenged, the same in the Trinity and Apologetics forum .

My time here is going to be limited soon anyways between life-group, Tuesday/ Thursday morning Mens discipleship meetings . So that’s going to keep me pretty busy lol. I’m sure you guys will be happy about that anyways lol.

But what’s the fun in here when everyone is in agreement anyways ? There is nothing to challenge / sharpen us right ?

The whole reason I’ve been in this forum for nearly 2 decades as a Calvinist was to defend my beliefs with the opposition and have them challenged, the same in the Trinity and Apologetics forum .
I have to. I think 2006 is when I first started posting in here. Remember Travelah? He was a trip.

I do expect your life group and decipleship meetings will be both edifying and blessing.

Take care and God's grace and peace be with you.

And they finally broke you down.
Lol, just kidding. ? I couldn’t resist

I have to. I think 2006 is when I first started posting in here. Remember Travelah? He was a trip.

I do expect your life group and decipleship meetings will be both edifying and blessing.

Take care and God's grace and peace be with you.
Yes I remember him well . He dropped by here not to long ago after the forum reopened . I’ll see if I can find it

Back