Understanding Scripture

It isn't hard to see what comes out from man. All you have to do is listen to what they say of themselves, this actions will tell the truth.

What have you heard from me? To have the mind of Christ, to walk as He walks in His same light, perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, holy, pure, and without sin, cannot sin because I am born of God, 1 John 3:9?

That tells clearly who is inside me doesn't it? You know me by what comes out from me dont you? But to others here, it is blaspheme isn't it?

say -- doesn't equal actions. have you been listening at all to the trial? it's hard to know... another.

to know the heart, to know the mind. we can begin to know our own heart, our own mind. but another's? we can say all the right things and still not be what we say. we can (try) to fool the world, ourselves, even without even knowing it.

we can see a light in ourselves and think we have arrived. we could drown out all else and believe we have found. but how much have we found unless we are what we say - in all things, in all ways, at all times (speaking of being like Christ)? if it wasn't difficult to know - by just what people say - who they are - and thus if their doctrine was true... would they argue all day... ?

Last edited:
it does not mean "instant". it does not mean this - or that.

the original Christians were called followers of The Way.

the way where, what way, how long will it take, and what is it?
That doesnt describe your interpretation for what a Christian is at all.

say -- doesn't equal actions. have you been listening at all to the trial? it's hard to know... another.
Not if you have the same mind. It is easy to be identified with Jesus when you have from God the same as he had from Him to have His same mind and walk in it as He walks in it.

If one is different from the way Jesus was in God then I can see how that identification is obscured.
to know the heart, to know the mind. we can begin to know our own heart, our own mind. but another's? we can say all the right things and still not be what we say. we can (try) to fool the world, ourselves, even without even knowing it.
But if you have the same mind of God that Jesus had it isn't about trying to follow the world as Paul did who even used trickery to get people to follow him instead of God. God opens up everything that is not of Him in all who will receive Him. God opens up who He is and all of His heaven in Jesus in Matt 3:16, after that his whole way of thinking changed from the laws he taught in the temples to actually living the ways of God to be like Him.

And being like God to know this difference is noting new, Adam was the first to know this difference. Gen 3:22, Jesus received the same information in Matt 3:16,.
we can see a light in ourselves and think we have arrived. we could drown out all else and believe we have found. but how much have we found unless we are what we say - in all things, in all ways, at all times (speaking of being like Christ)? if it wasn't difficult to know - by just what people say - who they are - and thus if their doctrine was true... would they argue all day... ?
One can read what Jesus said you should be and would be if you do have the mind of the Father who is God, but if one is contrary to that what it is to be as Jesus was in God then one has formed his own god. In the case of most has formed three gods instead of having in them the same one Jesus had in himself.

These who do not have from God the same as Jesus had will try and convince me they have the better way and actually accuse me of blaspheme just as they did Jesus only because they refuse to be like the God of heaven as He demands of you.

Then you say how do I know I have the same as Jesus had from God? It is by identification, relating to what Jesus said he was in HGod in myself.

Ironic is the simplicity of God. That simplicity simply is Love for God is Love, noting more nor anything less than. He is a Spirit and that Spirit is Love and man is the temple of Him.

It isn't hard for one to compare themselves with Jesus and either you are like Him in God or you are not. An you know very well if you follow the way of Christ to be like Him or not.

BTW, Christ = Gods anointed, either you are His anointed as Jesus was, as Moses was, as Abraham was, as Adam was, as 120 was, or you are not and are none of His.

Yes indeed brother thank you for presenting the truth .
His god is a man, the God Jesus prayed to and obeyed is Spirit. And the same Spirit, mind, is in me who was in Jesus.

In that Gods word comes from God Himself into man as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16 where He opens up who He is, not from a book man has written about Him.

By His Spirit come to me way before I ever read a bible, His word was imbedded in my heart. and that didn't come for a book it came from God Himself.

Not many here has His word, all they have is what someone else wrote about their god.

Awww but when you do see Him as He is ye shall be like Him as well and His word will be in you, not on stone nor a page of paper but in the hears of those who are like Him.

Then you will say well you cant know God without the Bible. And in that, then you have not met Him at all, all one can know without His Spirit is what someone else said about Him. That is why we have so many beliefs systems about a god.

Some has made themselves three gods they call a trinity.
Some has made their god to obey them in the laws they have developed to regulate their god.

Jim Jones, David Koresh, even Hitler was of the Bible and stated so. Catholics, Mormons, Muslims, Baptists, COCs, AOGs, Pentecostals, Non denominational, All has made their gods what they would have him be and argue over it who He is and is not.

The only truth of God is if He has come to you as He did in Jesus, Moses, Abraham, 120, and planted His word for who He is Himself in you. Anything else is just noise.

Has His word become flesh, your flesh, in you as John 1 is about? If not then one cannot relate to His word at all, and all that you can relate to is the words someone else said about Him.

His god is a man, the God Jesus prayed to and obeyed is Spirit. And the same Spirit, mind, is in me who was in Jesus.

In that Gods word comes from God Himself into man as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16 where He opens up who He is, not from a book man has written about Him.

By His Spirit come to me way before I ever read a bible, His word was imbedded in my heart. and that didn't come for a book it came from God Himself.

Not many here has His word, all they have is what someone else wrote about their god.

Awww but when you do see Him as He is ye shall be like Him as well and His word will be in you, not on stone nor a page of paper but in the hears of those who are like Him.

Then you will say well you cant know God without the Bible. And in that, then you have not met Him at all, all one can know without His Spirit is what someone else said about Him. That is why we have so many beliefs systems about a god.

Some has made themselves three gods they call a trinity.
Some has made their god to obey them in the laws they have developed to regulate their god.

Jim Jones, David Koresh, even Hitler was of the Bible and stated so. Catholics, Mormons, Muslims, Baptists, COCs, AOGs, Pentecostals, Non denominational, All has made their gods what they would have him be and argue over it who He is and is not.

The only truth of God is if He has come to you as He did in Jesus, Moses, Abraham, 120, and planted His word for who He is Himself in you. Anything else is just noise.

Has His word become flesh, your flesh, in you as John 1 is about? If not then one cannot relate to His word at all, and all that you can relate to is the words someone else said about Him.
God became man see John 1:1 and 1:14.

If you doubt and twist the above scriptures then read Colossians 1:19 and 2:9 followed by 1 Timothy 2:5- He is still a man with a human body in Heaven as per the above and here- the entire 15th chapter of 1 Corinthians 15.

So you deny 2 essential truths of salvation. That Jesus is God and is man.

hope this helps !!!

God became man see John 1:1 and 1:14.
Nope, God is a Spirit and never has changed. Same yesterday as He is today and will be the same tomorrow. Man is only the recipient of His Spirit. You can read throughout the book. Adam, Moses, Abraham, Jesus received Gods Spirit when he was about 30, see Matt 3:16, same God came to 120 in an upper room./

The reason you have changed your god is from lack in receiving His Spirit as all of these did. You are dedicated to mans creed instead of receiving Gods Spirit yourself.
If you doubt and twist the above scriptures then read Colossians 1:19 and 2:9 followed by 1 Timothy 2:5- He is still a man with a human body in Heaven as per the above and here- the entire 15th chapter of 1 Corinthians 15.
You doubt that God is a Spirit and has changed scripture to suit the creed that you are dedicated to instead of receievbeing from God that what all of these did, mainly Jesus.
So you deny 2 essential truths of salvation. That Jesus is God and is man.
There is only one essential truth and that is to receive from God the same Spirit as Jesus did. You cant know God at all without it and the reason you have confused God with being a man. You worship an idol instead of knowing the God who was in all of these yourself.
hope this helps !!!
Helps me understand that you never have met the God Jesus met in Matt 3:16.

John 1 is about God coming into your flesh, but because of your denial of Him you make others gods to take His place.

You should at least consider how God came to all of these by the Spirit that He is. But you won't consider Him at all, your religious mind is contrary to Gods Spirit is all.

Nope, God is a Spirit and never has changed. Man is only the recipient of His Spirit. You can read throughout the book. Adam, Moses, Abraham, Jesus received Gods Spirit when he was about 30, see Matt 3:16, same God came to 120 in an upper room./

The reason you have changed your god is from lack in receiving His Spirit as all of these did. You are dedicated to mans creed instead of receiving Gods Spirit yourself.

You doubt that God is a Spirit and has changed scripture to suit the creed that you are dedicated to instead of receievbeing from God that what all of these did, mainly Jesus.

There is only one essential truth and that is to receive from God the same Spirit as Jesus did. You cant know God at all without it and the reason you have confused God with being a man. You worship an idol instead of knowing the God who was in all of these yourself.

Helps me understand that you never have met the God Jesus met in Matt 3:16.
proof positive you cannot read scripture objectively but only subjectively with your preconceived ideas.

You just can't read them in the light of Christ by having the mind of God and the only One who can open up to you who He is and all of His heaven just as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16.

You act as if Jesus had 2 Peter 3:16 and 2 Tim to lead him to Gods knowledge LOL.

What you dont understand is that we who are of God we dont need 2 Peter nor 2 Tim for God Himself gives the increase.

Jesus said that in that day you to will ask him noting, you won't ask Peter anything, you won't ask Timothy anything, you won't have to go to any man for information just as Jesus didn't have to for we get ours from the author off it Himself.

That is something way beyond your comprehension, that is very obvious.
Readers, it is CLEARLY Gary that does NOT understand that the scriptures I posted are what God the Holy Spirit inspired those certain holy men to write so we can read it and KNOW what GOD expects of us! Case closed on Gary's say so ( man's word ) that CONTRADICTS those GOD inspired scriptures with his TWISTED ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) say so! Thus those God inspired scriptures in my previous post still stand as rebuking Gary's say so as per God's inspired say so in 2 Tim.3:16!

Readers, it is CLEARLY Gary that does NOT understand that the scriptures I posted are what God the Holy Spirit inspired those certain holy men to write so we can read it and KNOW what GOD expects of us! Case closed on Gary's say so ( man's word ) that CONTRADICTS those GOD inspired scriptures with his TWISTED ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) say so! Thus those God inspired scriptures in my previous post still stand as rebuking Gary's say so as per God's inspired say so in 2 Tim.3:16!
Perhaps I do understand scripture with the light of Gods eyes.

Perhaps you understand scripture from the light of mans eyes instead.

Why not interact with people.

IMO, you guys are both typing to lurkers.

Sometimes discussion is NOT profitable, but at least it is something.

No offense ......

But these non-discussions, discussions seem like a non-discussion.

Why not interact with people.

IMO, you guys are both typing to lurkers.

Sometimes discussion is NOT profitable, but at least it is something.

No offense ......

But these non-discussions, discussions seem like a non-discussion.
Trying to get people to interact with the same God Jesus had interactions with just as he did but most will have no part in it.

It is obvious that the interaction most here have is with sin instead. Just ask how many are of God and like Him and how many are sinners. They can interact with sin but they cant interact with righteousness.

I hope there are many lurkers, but I really doubt it,

Trying to get people to interact with the same God Jesus had interactions with just as he did but most will have no part in it.

It is obvious that the interaction most here have is with sin instead. Just ask how many are of God and like Him and how many are sinners. They can interact with sin but they cant interact with righteousness.

They are so-post to file sin.

That is the rub.

Describe your interpretation for what a Christian is, is all I am asking.

Seems everyone here has a different interpretation for what it is to be Christian.
One that confesses Jesus is YHWH( Lord ) as per Romans 10:9-13 cf Joel 2:32 and is born again as per John 3.

hope this helps !!!

One that confesses Jesus is YHWH( Lord ) as per Romans 10:9-13 cf Joel 2:32 and is born again as per John 3.

hope this helps !!!
Many confess Jesus is Lord yet flat out refuse him to Lord over you to follow him to the same place in the father he was in the father that you may be like Him as Jesus was like Him.

The way of God is to have His same mind and walk in His same light as Jesus did, perfect as God is perfect, holy pure and without sin.

Not many actually follow the Lord who was over Jesus ,the Lord Jesus prayed to and obeyed and did what his Lord desired of him that you may know Him as Jesus knew Him and walk as He does and have His same mind as Jesus had His same mind do they?

And it does help me understand that you follow a different one than the One Jesus followed and obeyed.

Many confess Jesus is Lord yet flat out refuse him to Lord over you to follow him to the same place in the father he was in the father that you may be like Him as Jesus was like Him.

The way of God is to have His same mind and walk in His same light as Jesus did, perfect as God is perfect, holy pure and without sin.

Not many actually follow the Lord who was over Jesus ,the Lord Jesus prayed to and obeyed and did what his Lord desired of him that you may know Him as Jesus knew Him and walk as He does and have His same mind as Jesus had His same mind do they?

And it does help me understand that you follow a different one than the One Jesus followed and obeyed.
And every cult leader I've ever met has no problem blaming their heresy on Jesus. You don't seem to be concerned about that. Your argument here is pure framing. All it takes to make an insincere charge of hypocrisy is a single shortcoming and you don't need to even know what it is because you can enlist the conscience of whoever you're arguing with. This is a terrible manipulation.

And every cult leader I've ever met has no problem blaming their heresy on Jesus.
Every cult leader I have ever met has made up their own rules to govern their beliefs for their gods.
You don't seem to be concerned about that.
My only concern is lining up my life with the standards of God that Jesus presented that we should be. All I can do is obey and apply the same from God that Jesus applied in himself.

If people has a problem with that then you are correct it is not my concern and isn't my place to be concerned that is God place not mine at all. My job is to present the same thing Jesus did to be in the Father for yourself.
Your argument here is pure framing.
Yes framed in the same mind that Jesus was framed in in the father. The way of God is Christ in me to be anointed of Him.
All it takes to make an insincere charge of hypocrisy is a single shortcoming and you don't need to even know what it is because you can enlist the conscience of whoever you're arguing with. This is a terrible manipulation.
I agree and most are stuck in that scenario and it is a terrible manipulation. Our denominations bound by their laws they have established to govern their beliefs in a god are notorious for this very thing.

To be of God is not about feelings at all, nor is it about not expressing genuine feelings: it is about having the same confidence in the Father that Jesus had in Him and being that same witness of God that Jesus was witness of and lived it out in real time just as we all do wh has the same from God Jesus had from Him.

Sure Jesus expressed feelings, he wept, he was frightened, I mean because sweating blood was a very good indication of extreme stress, and I have those same feelings but he didn't let his feelings detour his mission to present his God in the fashion God instructed him too.

Jesus didn't try and manipulate people to get people to follow him as Paul did, and Paul was honest enough to admit he used that tactic in trickery. Which you are so correct is a terrible manipulation.

Hypocrisy? That is a matter of ones understanding. To Jesus accusers Jesus was the ultimate hypocrite, blasphemer, sabbath breaker, glutton, wine bibber, victim of scandals and hatred to those who had a belief for a god that is contrary to the one Jesus presented and represented.

We have the very same today for those who actually have and walk as He walks in His same light, perfect as our father in heaven is perfect, righteous, holy, pure and without sin. Too the same as these for me to have the same from the Father as Jesus had from Him as Jesus was sent to teach us what that is and how to obtain -- I am at total hypocrite. Agree?

Back