US moves closer to nuclear war

I don't have a problem with it.
In Mathew 24 and Daniel 11,the persecution of the saints in Israel takes place first.
Then in both Mathew 24 and Daniel 11,the war begins.That is when the abomination that causes jerusalems desolation is placed in Jerusalem by the armed forces of the north.
Then those in Judea shall flee.

Nation rises against nation,and then those in Judea flee.

Zech 14
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
I don't see anything in the verses above that speak to the problem I'm pointing out. Can you put your solution to the problem in your own words, briefly?

I believe Jesus' statement refers to an obvious increase intensity and frequency, but the duration and period were not specified. The concept might suggest a situation where a person observing a large shelf or wall cloud approaching, with enough time to check the records and compare, and afterward understands the differences in severity and frequency.

View attachment 3830

If ^this^ occurs once every 25 years - no big deal. However, if sightings dramatically increase in frequency and intensity it's a good idea to prepare for a rough ride.

_________:coffee:

Is there any reason to think that we have had a dramatic increase in frequency or intensity - as opposed to publicity - of nations versus nations, and earthquakes and famines? We'd need stats throughout history, right?

ETA: Putting my cards on the table, I'm suspicious of a conclusion that hasn't been the result of dispassionate analysis that isn't made before one has one's conclusion and is thus then fitting the data to the conclusion. But I'm open to the conclusion with sufficient data.

Is there any reason to think that we have had a dramatic increase in frequency or intensity - as opposed to publicity - of nations versus nations, and earthquakes and famines? We'd need stats throughout history, right?

That is the way I am approaching these scriptures. The only way to properly understand physical events is to have data that provides enough information for analysis , and afterward, take appropriate measures if required.

ETA: Putting my cards on the table, I'm suspicious of a conclusion that hasn't been the result of dispassionate analysis that isn't made before one has one's conclusion and is thus then fitting the data to the conclusion. But I'm open to the conclusion with sufficient data.

Jesus didn't provide the time of these obvious indicators, but I have reason to believe that few believers will have doubts when these "birth pangs" occur.

______

I don't see anything in the verses above that speak to the problem I'm pointing out. Can you put your solution to the problem in your own words, briefly?
In my own words.
The nations of Islam attack Israel and take Jerusalem overcoming it's defences.The north responds by destroying all of the middle east and north Africa.
The weapons used to innihilate all that land causes the earthquakes in diverse places.The falling stars are not stars at all nor are they meteors.They are missiles.

Daniel 11:44
But reports from the east and the north will alarm him, and he will set out in a great rage to destroy and annihilate many.

I'd say the many he is going after would be hundreds of millions of Muslims.All the kingdom is cleansed.

That is the way I am approaching these scriptures. The only way to properly understand physical events is to have data that provides enough information for analysis , and afterward, take appropriate measures if required.

Jesus didn't provide the time of these obvious indicators,
That's part of the problem . . . .

but I have reason to believe that few believers will have doubts when these "birth pangs" occur.
That doesn't allay my suspicions, either.

Jesus didn't provide the time of these obvious indicators, but I have reason to believe that few believers will have doubts when these "birth pangs" occur.

______

Daniel 12
11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

:)

How do we tell that "the beginning of birth pains" are actually at some specified point in time when there has never been, AFAIK, a time without nation rising against nation, and famines and earthquakes in various places?
Yes, they seem to have been proceeding a pace for about 2000 years now. I wouldn't use this particular prophecy as an egg timer for the rapture. I think the general idea is that these things should be reminders that a conclusion to history is in the offing even if the timing is somewhat unpredictable.

In my own words.
The nations of Islam attack Israel and take Jerusalem overcoming it's defences.The north responds by destroying all of the middle east and north Africa.
The weapons used to innihilate all that land causes the earthquakes in diverse places.The falling stars are not stars at all nor are they meteors.They are missiles.

Daniel 11:44
But reports from the east and the north will alarm him, and he will set out in a great rage to destroy and annihilate many.

I'd say the many he is going after would be hundreds of millions of Muslims.All the kingdom is cleansed.

How do you know that it's nation vs. nation first and then the earthquakes and famines, and not the other way around?

How do you know that it's nation vs. nation first and then the earthquakes and famines, and not the other way around?
Because I understand what makes the earthquake.
Same thing that makes the cloud rise from the earth into the heaven.

Revelation 11
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Scripture calls the device placed in Jerusalem by the armed forces of the north"the abomination that causes desolation'.
That is what cause the cloud to rise from Jerusalem and the earthquake.Its what causes jerusalems desolation.

The topic of this thread.

Because I understand what makes the earthquake.
Same thing that makes the cloud rise from the earth into the heaven.

Revelation 11
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Scripture calls the device placed in Jerusalem by the armed forces of the north"the abomination that causes desolation'.
That is what cause the cloud to rise from Jerusalem and the earthquake.Its what causes jerusalems desolation.

The topic of this thread.
nvm

Earthquakes are constant. Less wars and famine than ever.

Back