Vatican's message to Buddhists puts Christ and Buddha on the same level

Mysterium Fidi says
Once I started reading the ECFs, it became undeniable that the Christian Church was Catholic from the beginning.
======================================= end

a foolish man,
which built his house upon the sand:
//
And I stood upon the sand of the sea,
and saw a beast rise up out of the sea,
having seven heads and ten horns,
and upon his horns ten crowns,
and upon his heads the name of blasphemy

-----------The Great Sea-----------
Revelation 17:15
And he saith unto me,
The waters which thou sawest,
where the whore sitteth,
are peoples, and multitudes,
and nations, and tongues
=============================

Mysterium Fidi says
Once I started reading the ECFs, it became undeniable that the Christian Church was Catholic from the beginning.
======================================= end

These ECF's were; nothing more than
Spin Doctors for daughter of the Chaldeans
men that

Is. 59:5
They hatch cockatrice' eggs,
and weave the spider's web:
he that eateth of their eggs dieth,
and that which is crushed
breaketh out into a viper

Is. 57:3
But draw near hither, ye sons of the sorceress,
the seed of the adulterer and the whore.

4 Against whom do ye sport yourselves?
against whom make ye a wide mouth,
and draw out the tongue?
are ye not children of transgression,
a seed of falsehood.

as Newman says;

Confiding then in the power of Christianity to resist the infection of evil,​
and to transmute the very instruments and appendages of demon worship to an evangelical use,​
and feeling also that these usages had originally come from primitive revelations and from the instinct of nature,​
though they had been corrupted; and that they must invent what they needed, if they did not use what they found;
and that they were moreover possessed of the very archetypes, of which paganism attempted the shadows;​
the rulers of the Church from early times were prepared,​
should the occasion arise, to adopt, to imitate, or sanction the existing rites and customs of the populace,​
as well as the philosophy of the educated class.​
-----concocted and fabricated storys---​

O daughter of the Chaldeans:
Stand now with thine enchantments,
and with the multitude of thy sorceries,
wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth;
if so be thou shalt be able to profit,
if so be thou mayest prevail.

Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels.
Let now the astrologers, the stargazers,
the monthly prognosticators, stand up,
and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee
-----------------------------------------------------

The Good --<vs>-- The Bad​
the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net,
that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:​

And he saith unto me,
The waters which thou sawest,
where the whore sitteth,
are peoples, and multitudes,
and nations, and tongues

Which, when it was full,
they drew to shore, and sat down,
and gathered the good into vessels
but cast the bad away.​

seeds planted by these ECF's will reap a harvest

Is. 57:3
But draw near hither,
ye sons of the sorceress,
the seed of the adulterer and the whore.

4 Against whom do ye sport yourselves?
against whom make ye a wide mouth,
and draw out the tongue?
are ye not children of transgression,
a seed of falsehood
=================================================

that they must invent what they needed,​
if they did not use what they found;​
-----concocted and fabricated storys---

Peter warns specifically of such men that would come
2Peter 2:1-3​
In their greed they will exploit you with concocted stories.​
NCB​
In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories.​
They will secretly introduce destructive heresies
NIV​

Proverbs 9
Stolen waters are sweet,
and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.
18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there;
and that her guests are in the depths of hell

no one with any knowledge of Scripture
could get sucked into believing these
-----concocted and fabricated storys---
put forth by Rome to deceive

so; Mysterium
what happened to you
==========================================

-------------------Posters------------

Take heed
therefore how ye hear:
for whosoever hath, to him shall be given;
and whosoever hath not,
from him shall be taken away
even that which he seemeth to have.

When any one heareth the word of the kingdom,
and understandeth it not,
then cometh the wicked one,
and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart.

This is he which received seed by the way side.

Those by the way side are they that hear;
then cometh the devil,
and taketh away the word out of their hearts,

lest they should believe and be saved.
/

Last edited:
Apostate Vatican's message to Buddhists celebrating Vesakh: "May this festival once more inspire you to continue your quest for insight into the nature of duhkha, the conditions that cause it, and how it can be overcome"

"The keen awareness of this shared vulnerability calls for new forms of solidarity shaped by our respective religious traditions, to which we look for "answers to the unsolved riddles of the human condition which deeply stir the hearts of men"

"Dear Buddhist friends, you offer healing when you embody karuna - compassion towards all beings, taught by the Buddha (Sutta Nipata 1.8, Sutta Nipata 2.4) or when you act selflessly as did the Bodhisattva, who renounced entering Nirvana and remained in the world to work for the alleviation of the suffering of all beings until their liberation. The Buddha describes a person entirely informed by karuna: "He dwells with mind accompanied by compassion, suffusing one direction."

What is left in the Novus Ordo religion to apostatize from? There is nothing Catholic left in the Novus Ordo, other than the 1962 Traditional Latin Mass, which the apostate Pachamama worshiping "pope" is trying to do away with.

I hope he is successful in completely eliminating the Latin Mass from his Novus Ordo sect.

Oh for Pete's sake....

What would have the pope do? Tell them they better give up their false pagan views and convert or burn in Hell forever? Tell them they are a bunch of pagans who worship idols---and they better give that up or burn in Hell?

Sir---does stuff like that ever work? Does stuff like that make people want to believe in our God or come to Jesus?

I can tell you that I am Christian----and even as a Christian, nonsense like that would only make me want to tell you to take your God and your religion and stick it.

Before you tell me I am a no good liberal who hates Truth---I believe in Hell. The point is how we approach our fellow human beings who do not share our Faith. These people are real people. They are not demons, they are not Satan. They are fellow human beings and should be treated as such. Note, Jesus DID talk about Hell and he DID warn people about Hell--but those comments were usually reserved for the religious leaders and establishment who were trying to silence him or who rejected him outright. The rich man went Hell becasue he was in essence Jewish in name only. He knew the OT and what it commanded but ignored it. This was illustrated by his treatment, or lack of treatment of Lazarus.

They believe as strongly in their Faith as we do ours. How would you feel if a Buddhist told you to quit your worship of Christ -as you are going to Hell unless you believe as the Buddhist does? Heck--how do you feel when the fundamentalists on this site accuse us of statue worship, or Mary idolatry, or bread worship, or all the other ridiculous accusations they make--and tell you to repent or burn in Hell? Does that convince anyone? No. All it does is make them look like idiots. We must respect people of good will who do not believe as we do. We want them to convert, yes. But not respecting them and telling them about going to Hell--that to me is just Protestant fundamentalism in Catholic trappings.

We are better than that.

Say what you want about the following: I want people to convert to Catholicism because it is true. I want people to know Jesus becasue Jesus is not just God--but WORTHY. In other words----for me, knowing Jesus isn't about staying out of Hell and making sure my "crown of glory" awaits. Knowing Jesus is about knowing and loving a person----who is WORTHY of such love, worship, and adoration. When one truly knows Christ, one cannot but help but worship Him.

Last edited:
Oh for Pete's sake....

What would have the pope do? Tell them they better give up their false pagan views and convert or burn in Hell forever? Tell them they are a bunch of pagans who worship idols---and they better give that up or burn in Hell?

Sir---does stuff like that ever work? Does stuff like that make people want to believe in our God or come to Jesus?

I can tell you that I am Christian----and even as a Christian, nonsense like that would only make me want to tell you to take your God and your religion and stick it.
Wait, wait, wait. Although I can agree with the idea that telling people that they will perish in Hell unless they convert should not be the primary method for evangelizing, what part of that is nonsense? So you would prefer the "pope" not to tell the truth, which is that there is no other name under Heaven than Christ by which man is saved?
Before you tell me I am a no good liberal who hates Truth---I believe in Hell. The point is how we approach our fellow human beings who do not share our Faith. These people are real people. They are not demons, they are not Satan.
Well, they are not "good" either. There is no one who is good, remember? They should be approached by telling them the truth, which is that they are sinners before God, sinners in desperate need of a Savior. And that Savior is not Siddharta Gautama ("Buddha"), but Jesus Christ.
They believe as strongly in their Faith as we do ours. How would you feel if a Buddhist told you to quit your worship of Christ -as you are going to Hell unless you believe as the Buddhist does? Heck--how do you feel when the fundamentalists on this site accuse us of statue worship, or Mary idolatry, or bread worship, or all the other ridiculous accusations they make--and tell you to repent or burn in Hell? Does that convince anyone? No. All it does is make them look like idiots. We must respect people of good will who do not believe as we do. We want them to convert, yes. But not respecting them and telling them about going to Hell--that to me is just Protestant fundamentalism in Catholic trappings.
So what? Does that make their beliefs "OK"? Should we quit preaching Christ as the only Savior of mankind in order to avoid hurting the sentiments of believers in false religions? People are not converted to Christ because they are "convinced." It takes more for totally depraved mankind than that. They are converted because God will draw them to Christ. Unless He does so, no one is able to come to Him (John 6:44, 65). And what is the nonsense about "people of good will"? Again, man is not good. The natural man is rotten to the core of his being, by nature deserving of God's wrath (Eph. 2:3).
Say what you want about the following: I want people to convert to Catholicism because it is true. I want people to know Jesus becasue Jesus is not just God--but WORTHY. In other words----for me, knowing Jesus isn't about staying out of Hell and making sure my "crown of glory" awaits. Knowing Jesus is about knowing and loving a person----who is WORTHY of such love, worship, and adoration. When one truly knows Christ, one cannot but help but worship Him.
Oh, but it is not that simple. Preaching Christ is not merely about "convincing" people or appealing to their "good will" (of which there is none). You do not believe in Christ unless you believe in Him as your Savior. And you will not believe in Him as your Savior unless you have come to a realization of your own sinfulness and inadequacy before God. And no one will come to Christ unless the Father draws that person. It is not within our natural capacity to do so.

Wait, wait, wait. Although I can agree with the idea that telling people that they will perish in Hell unless they convert should not be the primary method for evangelizing, what part of that is nonsense? So you would prefer the "pope" not to tell the truth, which is that there is no other name under Heaven than Christ by which man is saved?

Well, they are not "good" either. There is no one who is good, remember? They should be approached by telling them the truth, which is that they are sinners before God, sinners in desperate need of a Savior. And that Savior is not Siddharta Gautama ("Buddha"), but Jesus Christ.

So what? Does that make their beliefs "OK"? Should we quit preaching Christ as the only Savior of mankind in order to avoid hurting the sentiments of believers in false religions? People are not converted to Christ because they are "convinced." It takes more for totally depraved mankind than that. They are converted because God will draw them to Christ. Unless He does so, no one is able to come to Him (John 6:44, 65). And what is the nonsense about "people of good will"? Again, man is not good. The natural man is rotten to the core of his being, by nature deserving of God's wrath (Eph. 2:3).

Oh, but it is not that simple. Preaching Christ is not merely about "convincing" people or appealing to their "good will" (of which there is none). You do not believe in Christ unless you believe in Him as your Savior. And you will not believe in Him as your Savior unless you have come to a realization of your own sinfulness and inadequacy before God. And no one will come to Christ unless the Father draws that person. It is not within our natural capacity to do so.
The RC way is to deceive, that is their history. But to describe hell and that is where you will end was the RC way for centuries, the nuns drummed that into our heads. They also taught that non RCs were the devil's tools.

Oh for Pete's sake....

Before you tell me I am a no good liberal who hates Truth---I believe in Hell. The point is how we approach our fellow human beings who do not share our Faith. These people are real people. They are not demons, they are not Satan. They are fellow human beings and should be treated as such. Note, Jesus DID talk about Hell and he DID warn people about Hell--but those comments were usually reserved for the religious leaders and establishment who were trying to silence him or who rejected him outright. The rich man went Hell becasue he was in essence Jewish in name only. He knew the OT and what it commanded but ignored it. This was illustrated by his treatment, or lack of treatment of Lazarus.

We are better than that.

It's incomprehensible that anyone who truly believes Jesus is their Savior would not want to share that absolute truth with others. If you truly care about others; about their dignity; about their feelings; you'll tell them the truth.

And this is the absolute truth: "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among mankind by which we must be saved.” Their strong faith in Buddha can't save them. Mary cannot save you. Only Jesus can save you and you must submit to him, repent of your sins and believe in your heart that He alone atoned for your sins on the cross. If you think speaking this truth makes you "look like an idiot"...then the shoe surely fits.

Oh for Pete's sake....

What did Paul do, when he was in Athens and talked to the Athenians, using their "temple to the unknown god" as a starting place? Did he mock them or tell them they would burn in hell? How did he handle teaching them? Most importantly did he compromise the Christian faith?

See above.
See above, about Paul and how HE handled pagans.

I don't think anyone on here advocates calling the Buddhists a bunch of pagans who are going to hell. But neither should one appear to agree with pagan beliefs.
They believe as strongly in their Faith as we do ours. How would you feel if a Buddhist told you to quit your worship of Christ -as you are going to Hell unless you believe as the Buddhist does?

I would gently correct him, and quote Scripture to him.
Heck--how do you feel when the fundamentalists on this site accuse us of statue worship, or Mary idolatry, or bread worship, or all the other ridiculous accusations they make--and tell you to repent or burn in Hell? Does that convince anyone?

No, it may not convince anyone--but then Jesus told the Pharisees that "Unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins." That didn't convince them, but it was nonetheless the truth. No, not advocating that the Pope say that to the Buddhists, but just giving you an example of what Jesus did.
No. All it does is make them look like idiots. We must respect people of good will who do not believe as we do. We want them to convert, yes. But not respecting them and telling them about going to Hell--that to me is just Protestant fundamentalism in Catholic trappings.

One can respect Buddhists and their beliefs without agreeing with them, or being "syncretizing" with them. As Francis appeared to be doing:

"May this festival once more inspire you to continue your quest for insight into the nature of duhkha, the conditions that cause it, and how it can be overcome"

"The keen awareness of this shared vulnerability calls for new forms of solidarity shaped by our respective religious traditions, to which we look for "answers to the unsolved riddles of the human condition which deeply stir the hearts of men"

"Dear Buddhist friends, you offer healing when you embody karuna - compassion towards all beings, taught by the Buddha (Sutta Nipata 1.8, Sutta Nipata 2.4) or when you act selflessly as did the Bodhisattva, who renounced entering Nirvana and remained in the world to work for the alleviation of the suffering of all beings until their liberation. The Buddha describes a person entirely informed by karuna: "He dwells with mind accompanied by compassion, suffusing one direction."

Francis appears to be confirming their faith in Buddha--a mere human being who deserted his wife and baby son to find "enlightenment" if I remember correctly.
We are better than that.

One can be kind towards the Buddhists without affirming their beliefs. This reminds me of when JPII kissed the Quran...
Say what you want about the following: I want people to convert to Catholicism because it is true. I want people to know Jesus becasue Jesus is not just God--but WORTHY.

We can know Jesus and believe that He is not just God but IS worthy without becoming Catholics. But it is telling that you want people to conver to Catholicism--NOT CHRISTIANITY.
In other words----for me, knowing Jesus isn't about staying out of Hell and making sure my "crown of glory" awaits. Knowing Jesus is about knowing and loving a person----who is WORTHY of such love, worship, and adoration. When one truly knows Christ, one cannot but help but worship Him.
I agree.

Last edited:
What did Paul do, when he was in Athens and talked to the Athenians, using their "temple to the unknown god" as a starting place? Did he mock them or tell them they would burn in hell? How did he handle teaching them? Most importantly did he compromise the Christian faith?

See above.

See above, about Paul and how HE handled pagans.

I don't think anyone on here advocates calling the Buddhists a bunch of pagans who are going to hell. But neither should one appear to agree with pagan beliefs.

No, it may not convince anyone--but then Jesus told the Pharisees that "Unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins." That didn't convince them, but it was nonetheless the truth. No, not advocating that the Pope say that to the Buddhists, but just giving you an example of what Jesus did.

One can respect Buddhists and their beliefs without agreeing with them, or being "syncretizing" with them. As Francis appeared to be doing:
Good points save one that I can't agree with you on. We are not called to respect pagan beliefs. We can respect the individual without "respecting" their beliefs which can only lead them to hell.

This is not equivalent and you know it.
Fine. I never said we had to agree with them. I merely said--they are fellow human beings who deserve respect as we deserve respect.
Bonnie, if I correct you about Mary's IC--and quote from the papal document that defines the doctrine and the scriptural references it gives--would you accept that? No. Why? Because you do not accept the authority of the papacy.

Quoting Scripture to a Buddhist is the same. They do not accept the authority of Scripture.
The Pharisees were very different from Buddhists.
I am not a cheerleader for Pope Francis as you well know. He has been one disaster after another for the church. What I can say is this: when Catholics and Protestants come together for ecumenical worship, they concoct a worship service that both can agree with. That, in my opinion, should be the model when people of differing religious views or religions come together to pray.

It's incomprehensible that anyone who truly believes Jesus is their Savior would not want to share that absolute truth with others. If you truly care about others; about their dignity; about their feelings; you'll tell them the truth.

And this is the absolute truth: "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among mankind by which we must be saved.” Their strong faith in Buddha can't save them. Mary cannot save you. Only Jesus can save you and you must submit to him, repent of your sins and believe in your heart that He alone atoned for your sins on the cross. If you think speaking this truth makes you "look like an idiot"...then the shoe surely fits.
Fine.

Keep right on with your Protestant fundamentalist nonsense about Catholics and bread worship, Mary idolatry, saint idolatry, statue worship, etc, if you think such is an effective evangelical tool.

Yes, it is, and I do NOT "know" it. :rolleyes:
Fine. I never said we had to agree with them. I merely said--they are fellow human beings who deserve respect as we deserve respect.

Sure they do, but that does not mean going as far as Francis or JPII did.
Bonnie, if I correct you about Mary's IC--and quote from the papal document that defines the doctrine and the scriptural references it gives--would you accept that? No. Why?

Because I know there is nothing in the Bible that remotely supports or even hints at Mary's IC.
Because you do not accept the authority of the papacy.

Because the Bible and what it says or doesn't say trumps any human being's man-made doctrines that have no support in Scripture. Also, I am not foolish enough to blindly accept without study what any religious leader says. We are to "test all things" not "blindly accept all things."
Quoting Scripture to a Buddhist is the same. They do not accept the authority of Scripture.

So? But that is what people did all the time in the Bible. One never knows when the word of God may fall on a patch of fertile ground...

In some respects, they were, but both were and are unbelievers.
I am not a cheerleader for Pope Francis as you well know. He has been one disaster after another for the church. What I can say is this: when Catholics and Protestants come together for ecumenical worship, they concoct a worship service that both can agree with.

Oh, so you compromise...got it

Last edited:
]]
and ROP says

agreed
Bonnie, if I correct you about Mary's IC--and quote from the papal document that defines the doctrine and the scriptural references it gives--would you accept that? No. Why? Because you do not accept the authority of the papacy.

and The Protestants do not accept the Pope;
not the Dominion over and Authority of the RCC Minions

and it shall not be so amongest you

so why do you refer us to these false teachers ???????
The Pharisees set in the Seat of Moses,
Teachers of the Law = Moses
quoting Moses and the Prophets was very effectual.
and many of the Pharasses believed

to the rest, such as those, like unto the Buddhist
Preach the Gospel
I am not a cheerleader for Pope Francis as you well know. He has been one disaster after another for the church. What I can say is this: when Catholics and Protestants come together for ecumenical worship, they concoct a worship service that both can agree with. That, in my opinion, should be the model when people of differing religious views or religions come together to pray.
Woe unto such Protestants
Now as they were making their hearts merry,
behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial,
beset the house round about, and beat at the door,
and spake to the master of the house, the old man,
saying,
Bring forth the man that came into thine house,
that we may know him.​
Now the sons of Eli were​
sons of Belial;​
they knew not the Lord.​
And the Lord said to Samuel,​
Behold, I will do a thing in Israel,​
at which both the ears of every one
that heareth it shall tingle.​
12 In that day I will perform against Eli​
all things which I have spoken concerning his house:​
when I begin, I will also make an end.​
13 For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever​
for the iniquity which he knoweth;​
because his sons made themselves vile,​
and he restrained them not.​
14 And therefore I have sworn unto the house of Eli,​
that the iniquity of Eli's house​
shall not be purged
with sacrifice nor offering for ever.​
[/indent]
as Paul vehemitly warns​
And what concord
(agreement)​
hath Christ with Belial?​
or what part hath he that believeth​
with an infidel?​

these​
sons of Belial;​
they know not the Lord.​
/./​

Last edited:
Apostate Vatican's message to Buddhists celebrating Vesakh: "May this festival once more inspire you to continue your quest for insight into the nature of duhkha, the conditions that cause it, and how it can be overcome"

What is left in the Novus Ordo religion to apostatize from? There is nothing Catholic left in the Novus Ordo, other than the 1962 Traditional Latin Mass, which the apostate Pachamama worshiping "pope" is trying to do away with.

I hope he is successful in completely eliminating the Latin Mass from his Novus Ordo sect.

Self-righteous religious folk of all stripes, which includes Roman Catholicism and Buddhism, have taught the same-0-self-induced holiness” of man that Cain started since the beginning of time.

Again, we can use Paul as our example when dealing with pagans. He actually attempted to find a little common ground between him and the Athenians, when he quoted a couple of their own poets and applied what they wrote to the true God. I think that is what Francis was attempting to do, but I think he went a little too far, as JPII did, when he kissed the Quran.

Because I know there is nothing in the Bible that remotely supports or even hints at Mary's IC.
What you know is what you have been taught by scholars you trust. You just parrot their arguments.

So let's be clear: it isn't what the Bible says or unsays that guides you, but what scholars say the Bible says and unsays.

Back