Vatican's message to Buddhists puts Christ and Buddha on the same level

When that knowledge leads to a relationship with Jesus Christ. I believe such a relationship can be implicit or explicit.

In other words--we can know Christ without necessarily being able to articulate that we know Him. Knowledge of Jesus is revealed in one's life, not ones words.
This is complete and utter nonsense!

Rom. 10:8-14 (Webster)
8 But what saith it? The word is near thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth to righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made to salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich to all that call upon him.
13 For whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Your opinion is wrong. Doing things with people other than Catholics is not a sign of indifference.
Doing "things" with people? What kind of things? If I have a Buddhist neighbor, can I do "things" with him? Well, I can go to lunch with him, I can play golf with him, I can watch a movie with him. You know what I can't do with him? I can't go to an ecumenical "prayer meeting" that places his false pagan religion on equal standing with the only true religion, which is the Catholic Church.
Playing organ for a Protestant church is not an admission of assent to all their religious beliefs, nor is it a renunciation of Catholic beliefs.
Taking active part in the worship of non-Catholics was always considered a motal sin, according to the Catholic Church. It is in the Canon Law and has been affirmed by many popes. 1917 Code of Canon Law, Canon 1258.1: “It is unlawful for the faithful to assist in any active manner, or to take part in the sacred services of non-Catholics.”

A Canon Law commentary states: "It is unlawful for Catholics to assist actively in anyway at, or to take part in, the religious services of non-Catholics. A passive or merely material presence maybe tolerated, for reasons of civil duty or honor, at funerals, weddings, and similar celebrations, provided no danger of perversion or scandal arises from this assistance. An evil intention would exist if a Catholic would visit a Protestant church for the purpose of assisting at a religious function, or of participating in sacris"
That is a misrepresentation of the documents of Vatican II.
The novel ecclesiology of Vatican II reduces the Church of Christ (which includes the Catholic Church) to an amalgam of many different churches with contradicting and opposing doctrines, disciplines, morality and hierarchies. There is no unity of doctrine, morality, disciplines or government in this new heretical big tent "Church of Christ."

Non-Catholic churches are therefore truly “particular churches” which make up, together with the Roman Catholic Church, the one Church of Christ, and these schismatic and non-Catholic churches, in themselves, are a "means of salvation." This is complete heresy.
The meaning of the word "proselytism" once had a neutral meaning but it has evolved to connote a more sinister meaning that is very different from "evangelize". "Proselytism" is what Islamic extremists do when they threaten a people under their power to convert to Islam or die. "Evangelism" is what the first century Christians did by proclaiming the Gospel without the use of worldly power and coercion. It is this evil form of Proselytism that Pope Francis calls evil for its use of worldly power and coercion.
When have you ever seen Bergoglio try to convert anyone to his perverted Novus Ordo sect?

This is the proselytism that Bergoglio despises.

Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: "All power is given to me in heaven and in earth. Going therefore, teach ye all nations: baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. And behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world."

Doing "things" with people? What kind of things? If I have a Buddhist neighbor, can I do "things" with him? Well, I can go to lunch with him, I can play golf with him, I can watch a movie with him. You know what I can't do with him? I can't go to an ecumenical "prayer meeting" that places his false pagan religion on equal standing with the only true religion, which is the Catholic Church.

Taking active part in the worship of non-Catholics was always considered a motal sin, according to the Catholic Church. It is in the Canon Law and has been affirmed by many popes. 1917 Code of Canon Law, Canon 1258.1: “It is unlawful for the faithful to assist in any active manner, or to take part in the sacred services of non-Catholics.”

A Canon Law commentary states: "It is unlawful for Catholics to assist actively in anyway at, or to take part in, the religious services of non-Catholics. A passive or merely material presence maybe tolerated, for reasons of civil duty or honor, at funerals, weddings, and similar celebrations, provided no danger of perversion or scandal arises from this assistance. An evil intention would exist if a Catholic would visit a Protestant church for the purpose of assisting at a religious function, or of participating in sacris"

The novel ecclesiology of Vatican II reduces the Church of Christ (which includes the Catholic Church) to an amalgam of many different churches with contradicting and opposing doctrines, disciplines, morality and hierarchies. There is no unity of doctrine, morality, disciplines or government in this new heretical big tent "Church of Christ."

Non-Catholic churches are therefore truly “particular churches” which make up, together with the Roman Catholic Church, the one Church of Christ, and these schismatic and non-Catholic churches, in themselves, are a "means of salvation." This is complete heresy.

When have you ever seen Bergoglio try to convert anyone to his perverted Novus Ordo sect?

Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: "All power is given to me in heaven and in earth. Going therefore, teach ye all nations: baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. And behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world."
All, in all, since the true church is founded on Jesus Christ, we should be in a church that does not preach another salvation that is based on works and sacraments, but one which has as its base the Holy Bible, and the one name in the whole world given to men by which we are to be saved. Since virtually everything that can be known about Christ is found in the Bible, don't go to a church which has some other authority, whether it be the pope, the Book of Mormon, the Watch Tower, or even it's own pastor's alleged communication with God. If you can be comforable in a church without taking your Bible, there is probably something wrong.

That is your loss.

It doesn't say anything about the non-sacred services of other religions.

Let me ask you this. Could you pray the Our Father with a Protestant, with you praying the Catholic words and his praying the Protestant words, not as part of a formal worship service, just the two of you, meeting over the backyard fence as neighbors with a common need? Suppose that Protestant asks you to pray together with him, right then and there, for the healing of his son who has cancer, would you turn him down?

Your opinion. Not the Church's opinion.

It is also a misrepresentation of Vatican II.

In your imagination. You have no idea of what he despises.

Last edited:
That is your loss.

It doesn't say anything about the non-sacred services of other religions.

Let me ask you this. Could you pray the Our Father with a Protestant, with you praying the Catholic words and his praying the Protestant words, not as part of a formal worship service, just the two of you, meeting over the backyard fence as neighbors with a common need? Suppose that Protestant asks you to pray together with him, right then and there, for the healing of his son who has cancer, would you turn him down?

Your opinion. Not the Church's opinion.

It is also a misrepresentation of Vatican II.

In your imagination. You have no idea of what he despises.

I have more respect for the poster "Mysterium Fidei" than I do you. Even though he is also rc, he has been voicing a concern for many of the wrong things taking place within the rc, like he should be. We've seen other rc's on here, rush in to defend those wrong things taking place.

Even still, sorry mysterium, from all that I have read from rc's on this forum, I want nothing to do with any rcc.

I have more respect for the poster "Mysterium Fidei" than I do you. Even though he is also rc, he has been voicing a concern for many of the wrong things taking place within the rc, like he should be. We've seen other rc's on here, rush in to defend those wrong things taking place.

Even still, sorry mysterium, from all that I have read from rc's on this forum, I want nothing to do with any rcc.
Well said

What? That is so untrue it's nuts. In fact the last 3 Wednesday audiences (which is homily delivered to anyone who wants to hear or read it, each Wednesday)..... have been all about apostolic evangelisation in the imitation of Paul and the Saints.

Catechesis. The passion for evangelization: the apostolic zeal of the believer. 9. Witnesses: Saint Paul. 2
Catechesis. The passion for evangelization: the apostolic zeal of the believer. 9. Witnesses: the martyrs
The passion for evangelization: the apostolic zeal of the believer. 2. Witnesses: monasticism and the power of intercession. Gregory of Narek

Those are just a small recent few. The Pope incessantly evangelises and teaches Catholics to do the same.
And he missed the message each and every time if you read those excerpts you linked. Just like Mormons, Francis doesn't clearly explain what the Gospel "is". He talks around the Gospel as do Mormons. I think Francis makes a huge assumption that people automatically understand of what the Gospel consists and how it should be proclaimed and to whom it should be proclaimed.

The apostles didn't lock themselves away in a "monastery" to just do intercessory prayer. They were vocal and were beaten and abused for their views and speech which proclaimed that Jesus came to give eternal life to those who repented of their sins and believed that He was the Messiah who shed His blood for them. and most importantly... there was no salvation in any other name by which men could be saved.

Francis says nothing of that. I am not convinced he actually knows what the Gospel is. If he did, he wouldn't be making some of the stupid remarks he has made especially regarding Buddhists and that business with Pachamama. Could you envision Jesus or the apostles actually doing that?

Did Jesus or the apostles embrace false gods and false systems of worship? He embraced individual people, but did not accept what was wrong. He embraced Samaritans, but not how they worshiped. He embraced His own Jews, but did not condone how worship had been contaminated by the eldership. They did the "stuff" but missed the point and focus entirely.

Francis basically preaches a pablum Gospel which isn't a Gospel at all, any more that the tv hucksters we can see or the name it and claim it bunch that exist in many churches. And it certainly isn't a well dressed pastor with gleaming teeth who gives you a half a Gospel of living your best life now.

Ther written word of God teaches us what is real, what the Gospel is and how it is to be proclaimed. That is why there were martyrs in the early church. That is why there are martyrs now in predominately Muslim countries. They preached then and preach now Jesus Christ and Him crucified. The actions and examples Francis gave of the modern nun martyrs killed for being "Christians" because they demonstrated charity and help for folks must be more than just actions. It must be accompanied by the word of God.

Mother Theresa did a lot of "good" helping the downtrodden. She was praised for that. Yet in an interview I read, it wasn't important for her to share the Gospel of Jesus. She just wanted to make Muslims/Hindus/Buddhists to be better Muslims/Hindus or Buddhists. Jesus shared the Gospel of Who He was with the Samaritan woman at the well. He trying to help her be a better "woman" having more multiple marriages or relationships. He spoke life.

Would that Francis could do the same.

Last edited:
I have more respect for the poster "Mysterium Fidei" than I do you. Even though he is also rc,
Just because he says so? The church that he claims is the "true" Catholic Church does not exist. It has no priests, no bishops, no masses, and no Pope

Just because he says so? The church that he claims is the "true" Catholic Church does not exist. It has no priests, no bishops, no masses, and no Pope
NO his beliefs are those of the pre vat 11 RCC, not the new RC lite. They have priests etc maybe no pope but apparently gaps in the line of succession are fine..

I mean there are massive gaps between some popes, there were 3 popes at one time, the line of succession is a massive joke and pulls the wool over the eyes of RCs.

How would you describe the "morality" of the Roman Catholic Church today?

Back