Verses that disprove the trinity.

DoctrinesofGraceBapt said:
No, I do not believe the third person goes between us and Christ and God. I believe the third person indwells us to empower us to live for God. And, a mediator is more than a go-between.
Well that's nice, but you still believe in a third person who goes between you and Jesus, and God. A second mediator. You merely have trouble owning up to it and dealing with it.

That may be how you take it, but a go betweener isn't necessarily a mediator. At best, you can call the Holy spirit a messenger. A mediator does more them simply pass on messages. A mediator represents the other party. The HS can't be our mediator because he is not man. Christ can be our mediator because he is both God and man.

You are asking questions about topics that are not under discussion in this passage. Stop abusing Scripture
Ooof.. that wasn't a yes or no response.
I'll ask again.
Does "the third person of the trinity" KNOW the Father? YES/NO.

You are asking questions about topics that are not under discussion in this passage. Stop abusing Scripture

Yes, Christ is God, and God is Spirit. Therefore, there is no reason to take from this that the 2nd person of the Trinity is the 3rd person of the Trinity.
2 Cor 3:17 does not merely say "Christ is Spirit", it says "CHRIST IS THE SPIRIT".
Wow, isn't THE SPIRIT THE HOLY SPIRIT? Wow, Christ is THE HOLY SPIRIT.

And? There is only one Spirit of God ontologically. How does that mean the person referenced by the title "the Holy Spirit" is the person referenced by the title "the Son"? There is no reason whatsoever to say the Spirit is the Holy Spirit in every context.

Not when John 14:16 says the Holy Spirit is "another Comforter/Advocate".
John 14:16 is talking about Jesus. Read John 14:18,20..

John 14:18-20 literally cannot teach Jesus is this Spirit because of how John 14:16-17 uses personal pronouns. This is true for two reasons: 1) John 14:16-17 is just that clear, and 2) John 14:18-20 doesn't even attempt to equate the two.

Dude, read the text: "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Comforter, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you."
Dude keep reading:
John 14:18-20
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

I'm all for reading more, but nothing here says Jesus is the Spirit of Truth. While v16-17 clearly distinguish between Jesus and this other Comforter.

In fact, John 14 is right before Jesus'
crucification. Jesus is saying he will come to them for a little while and then leave again. Remember, Jesus dies, Jesus rises again and stays with them for some 40 days before the rising up into heaven, only to pour the Holy Spirit on them at Pentecost.

Why is Jesus using 3rd persons pronouns to talk about himself like this?
Because He spoke in VEILED LANGUAGE.
John 16:25
I have told you these things in figurative language (veiled language, proverbs); the hour is now coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures of speech, but I will tell you plainly about the Father.

Convenient. Not meaningful in any sense of the word, but convenient.

Jesus is famous for speaking about Himself in third person. It doesn't mean there IS a third person.

How does Jesus talk about himself in the third person? Typically he just talking about a supposed other person. For example, "And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.” Matthew 8:20. How is this similar to "But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you." John 14:26? Notice, when Jesus uses the third person in Scripture, there is no reference to himself at all outside of the 3rd person use itself. In John 14, Jesus refers to himself as I and my and then refers to the other Comforter. Ergo, Jesus isn't speaking in the 3rd person in John 14:16-17, 26. He is speaking about someone else.

I forgot to ask, how do you deal with passages like 2 Cor. 13:14- "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."? Why separate the three, when there are only two?

Where is the Father ever depicted as being our Comforter/Advocate?
Isaiah 51:12
“I, even I, am He who comforts you.
Who are you that you should be afraid
Of a man who will die,
And of the son of a man who will be made like grass?
Hosea 2:14
Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her.
Isaiah 40:1
Comfort, comfort my people, says your God.

You do realize that comfort in Isaiah 51:12 and Hosea 2:14 and comforter in John 14 have two radically different roots. The parallels in the passages are a function of the translating, and they don't actually reflect a connection between the passages. Isaiah 40:1 at least has some connection. But there is a difference between one who gives comfort and a comforter by trade. Comforter in John 14:16, 26 is a job title. Isaiah 40 just says that the Father gives comfort, not that the Father has the job title of comforter.

God Bless

Distinction between God and His earthly tabernacle???
Sorry, but I don't understand.

Which means Jesus is The God-Man.
Yes, so why add the Trinity? No good reason other than to muddle things up with empty sounding nonsense. To be more consistent with the Trinity you would say it means Jesus is the "God the Son-Man". But, that sounds ridiculous, so you want to have truth and then add other human tradition to it. Why not leave it with what you just said?

Yes, so why add the Trinity? No good reason other than to muddle things up with empty sounding nonsense.

Yup. That's why I said trins water down the Scriptures.

"Of course Jesus is our Comforter but He's not *THE Comforter!*, that's 'the third person of the trinity!'".

"Christ is The Spirit? Amen. But He's not *THE HOLY SPIRIT*, that's 'the third person of the trinity'".

Last edited:
Yes, so why add the Trinity? No good reason other than to muddle things up with empty sounding nonsense. To be more consistent with the Trinity you would say it means Jesus is the "God the Son-Man". But, that sounds ridiculous, so you want to have truth and then add other human tradition to it. Why not leave it with what you just said?
Did NOT add anything. I said Jesus Christ is The God-Man.

Yup. That's why I said trins water down the Scriptures.

"Of course Jesus is our Comforter but He's not *THE Comforter!*, that's 'the third person of the trinity!'".

"Christ is The Spirit? Amen. But He's not *THE HOLY SPIRIT*, that's 'the third person of the trinity'".
Jesus is NEVER called our Comforter.

Psalm 69:20-21
20 Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.

21 They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.

If I don't bring in The Trinity, I don't stay in The Bible.
There is simply no need for the theory and it's non-Biblical terms. There is one God, who has revealed Himself as Father; through His Son, in redemption; and as the Holy Spirit, by emanation. Jesus Christ is God manifested in flesh. He is both God and man. (See Deuteronomy 6:4; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 2:9; I Timothy 3:16.)

Why do Trinitarians insist on adding their manmade terms and empty philosophy? The Apostle Paul warned you folks in Colossians 2:8 about not doing this but you persist in adding to the word of God.

There is simply no need for the theory and it's non-Biblical terms. There is one God, who has revealed Himself as Father; through His Son, in redemption; and as the Holy Spirit, by emanation. Jesus Christ is God manifested in flesh. He is both God and man. (See Deuteronomy 6:4; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 2:9; I Timothy 3:16.)

Why do Trinitarians insist on adding their manmade terms and empty philosophy? The Apostle Paul warned you folks in Colossians 2:8 about not doing this but you persist in adding to the word of God.
The Trinity is NO theory, since God has revealed Himself as Father AND Son.

IOW, Advocate.

In other words, COMFORTER. In other words, THE HOLY SPIRIT.

The word Comforter does NOT appear in John 14:18,
Affirming John 14:18.

False gibberish.

In John 14:18 Jesus identifies HIMSELF as the Comforter. You water down Scripture. "Jesus says 'I will not leave you comfortless I will come to you' but He's not *THE* COMFORTER, THAT'S *THE THIRD PERSON OF THE TRINITY*"

Last edited:
In other words, COMFORTER. In other words, THE HOLY SPIRIT.

False gibberish.

In John 14:18 Jesus identifies HIMSELF as the Comforter. You water down Scripture. "Jesus says 'I will not leave you comfortless I will come to you' but He's not *THE* COMFORTER, THAT'S *THE THIRD PERSON OF THE TRINITY*"
All Bible versions say Advocate in this passage.
Jesus does NOT identify Himself as The Comforter ANYWHERE.

Back