was Mary also the Spouse of God?

You're in denial.......

The Catholic Church has elevated Mary to the level of mediator, advocate, and co-redeemer of humanity, in direct contradiction of the Scriptures. In 1854, Pope Pius IX declared Mary “immaculate,” or sinless, thus giving her the position of mediator.
[IMG align="right" alt="Pope John Paul II worshiping before a statue of Mary.

CC BY-SA 2.0 Ireneed https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:JPII_Lourdes.jpg"]https://pictures.amazingdiscoveries.org/DocumentIcons/8569-Pope-prays-before-maryx180.jpg[/IMG]

Mary takes the place of Jesus in Catholic teaching. Instead of the faithful looking to Jesus as the Author and Finisher of their faith, they look to Mary. In Mary they find access to God. In her the Church is all holy and can learn obedience to God.
“The Church’s devotion to the Blessed Virgin is intrinsic to Christian worship.” The Church rightly honors “the Blessed Virgin with special devotion. From the most ancient times the Blesses Virgin has been honored with the title of ‘Mother of God,’ to whose protection the faithful fly in all their dangers and needs.”i
The way to salvation is open to none otherwise than through Mary. The salvation of all depends on their being favoured and protected by Mary. He who is protected by Mary will be saved: he who is not will be lost. Our salvation depends on thee. God will not save us without the intercession of Mary.ii
Mary takes the place of God and she herself is treated like a goddess, a teaching to which the Catholic Church is not averse if we study even her modern statements on this issue.
But while in the most Blessed Virgin the Church has already reached that perfection whereby she exists without spot or wrinkle, the faithful still strive to conquer sin and increase in holiness. And so they turn their eyes to Mary: in her, the Church is already the “all-holy."iii
Here are some of the names Mary is given, from the book Thunder of Justice:
Prophetess Of These Last Times, The Immaculate Conception, Mother Of The Church, Mary As The New Eve, Queen Of Heaven and Earth/Queen of Peace, The Assumption, Queen of the Holy Rosary, Queen and Mother of Families, Mary as Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix, Advocate, Our Lady of all Nations, Ark of the New Covenant, Mother of the Second Advent.iv
The titles Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix, and Advocate in particular raise serious concerns, as they contradict the plainest teachings of Scripture. The Bible clearly teaches that there is but one Redeemer, Mediator, and Advocate, and that is Christ Jesus.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 2:5)
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people (Luke 1:68).
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous (1 John 2:1).
In spite of these words, the Catholic Church is willing to accept Mary in the place of Jesus Christ, depriving Him of His mediatory role. Even more surprising is the willingness of the Catholic Church to acknowledge Mary as goddess and part of the Godhead. This teaching is already covertly in place and is, in effect, nothing other than pagan goddess worship.

No, I am not into denial, I am into scripture. Anyone who is into scripture can see that the Catholic Church's teaching is correct.

... And that is why the RCC and its minions denigrate, belittle, and despise the Word of God (de facto if not de jure) – the Word refutes their human-based religion.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
The word of God doesn't refute the teachings of the Catholic Church; your interpretation may but not God's word - there is a difference.

No, I am not into denial, I am into scripture. Anyone who is into scripture can see that the Catholic Church's teaching is correct.

Then, please.......show me from Scripture....where is the perpetual virginity? the sinless life of Mary? the ascension into Heaven? the apostles, or anyone in Scripture, praying to Mary? her ability to hear everyone's prayers? or any other of the Godlike abilities the RCC gives her? Or....show me where Scripture gives Mary these names:

Prophetess Of These Last Times,
The Immaculate Conception,
Mother Of The Church,
Mary As The New Eve,
Queen Of Heaven and Earth
Queen of Peace,
Queen of the Holy Rosary,
Queen and Mother of Families,
Our Lady of all Nations,
Ark of the New Covenant,
Mother of the Second Advent.

Where does Scripture say that.....
Mary is Co-Redemptrix,
Mediatrix or
Advocate

Where???............

Last edited:
Then, please.......show me from Scripture....where is the perpetual virginity? the sinless life of Mary? the ascension into Heaven? the apostles, or anyone in Scripture, praying to Mary? her ability to hear everyone's prayers? or any other of the Godlike abilities the RCC gives her? Or....show me where Scripture gives Mary these names:

Mother Of The Church,
Mary As The New Eve,
Queen of Peace,
Our Lady of all Nations,
Ark of the New Covenant,

Mary is Co-Redemptrix,
Mediatrix or
Advocate

Where???............
If you understood scripture correctly you would see Mary pre-figured in the OT. Mary is the new Eve, the ark of the new covenant....

So....in other words ......you CANNOT show any of your RCC's beliefs from Scripture. I thought not.
There are different ways of looking at scripture: literal sense, spiritual sense, allegorical sense and spiritual sense. If you look at the entire scripture from every angle it is obvious that the Catholic Church's teachings are correct.

YOU said you were a man of scripture. So, I asked you to
show me where Scripture gives Mary these names:

Mother Of The Church,
Mary As The New Eve,
Queen of Peace,
Our Lady of all Nations,
Ark of the New Covenant,

Mary is Co-Redemptrix,
Mediatrix or
Advocate

You can't answer, and have actually evaded the question. . Period. NONE of those things the RCC teaches are in Scripture! So, you are NOT a "man of Scripture" you are an unthinking, Pope following, indoctrinated RC.

OK....where is the perpetual virginity? the sinless life of Mary? the ascension into Heaven? the apostles, or anyone in Scripture, praying to Mary? her ability to hear everyone's prayers? or any other of the Godlike abilities the RCC gives her? I'll wait.

Here's where the RCC's "Mary" came from.........

Mary, the Virgin Mother of Christ, is arguably the most important Catholic icon save for the Holy Trinity. She’s likely the amalgamation of pre-Christian mother goddesses from antiquity whose ranks include Artemis, Demeter, Diana, Hera, Isis, and Venus. The cult of the Egyptian goddess Isis may have had a particularly strong influence on Christian myth. While historical records can not substantiate this entirely, there is physical evidence of statues of Isis cradling Horus that were converted and reused as the Virgin Mary holding Jesus.

Brigid, the beloved Celtic goddess associated with fertility and healing, is perhaps the clearest example of the survival of an early goddess into Catholicism. Practitioners, particularly in Ireland, pay tribute to Saint Brigid of Ireland who shares many of the early goddess’s attributes. Her feast day on the first of February falls around the same time as the pagan celebration of Imbolc.
The appropriation of these pagan practices and symbols by the Catholic Church shows how, as social interests change and new institutions are established, religious myths and practices are not so easily exterminated. Today, millions of Catholics eating the body and blood of their god, bowing their heads to feminine idols and celebrating natural cycles on the Liturgical Calendar are still worshiping in the ways of the ancient pagans.

What kind of source is that?

Sorry, but I don't believe that propaganda. I have read through and studied both scripture and the teachings of the Catholic Church and this propaganda couldn't be anything further from the truth.
It is the RCC who preaches propaganda about Mary being the co mediator, pV, co redeemer, co advocator. Yes and we have seen your flawed logic in your posts. Please post to use your logic the exact words of Jesus where He states that Mary is a pv, where He states He needs a co anything at all.

The word of God doesn't refute the teachings of the Catholic Church; your interpretation may but not God's word - there is a difference.
It clearly does and not only that you degrade the work of Jesus in our salvation of making out He needs help from His mother. The RCC adds to scripture, goes beyond scripture and takes away from scripture with its Marian myths. The Marian myths come from that infamous POJ and not from scripture.

Last edited:
Back