was Mary also the Spouse of God?

"The succession of priests keeps me, beginning from the very seat of the Apostle Peter, to whom the Lord, after His resurrection, gave it in charge to feed His sheep, down to the present episcopate. "
Still nothing here that when Jesus said "Upon this rock I will build my church" he meant Peter. Of course Jesus told Peter three times to "feed My sheep/lambs." All ministers should do that. But nowhere does this sentence say that Jesus would build His church on Peter.

Now, back to the OP, okay?

Last edited:
Don't thank me yet. But that is because there isn't a distinction between the two in Hebrew, as far as I know--but there is in Greek. Since all the ancient copies of Matthew, whole or in part, that exist, are written in Koine Greek, where there IS a distinction as in "You are Petros, and upon this Petra, I will build My church" after Petros said "you are the Christ, the Son of the Living God", then it behooves us to go by what the Greek says.

Catholics are desperate to twist the Bible into making Peter the foundation of the church, instead of ALL the prophets and apostles, with Jesus as the Cornerstone, which is what the Bible actually says. Why don't Catholics go by what ALL of the Bible says? Why do they isolate verses, and put spins on them that are NOT there?
I twisted nothing. I quoted the Aramaic Bible in Plain English.

Ignoring the oldest extant manuscripts of Mathew which were written in a gender specific language, and therefore far more accurate than that of any gender-neutral language; in favor of using gender neutral languages to prove a point is about nothing other than twisting and hiding the truth of the matter.

Ultimately, it boils down to the claim that the gospel writer goofed. He didn't know what he was talking about. He falsely interpreted what he had been inspired to write.

How do we know this? Because the infallible authority of the RCC says so. smh

Ignoring the oldest extant manuscripts of Mathew which were written in a gender specific language, and therefore far more accurate than that of any gender-neutral language; in favor of using gender neutral languages to prove a point is about nothing other than twisting and hiding the truth of the matter.

Ultimately, it boils down to the claim that the gospel writer goofed. He didn't know what he was talking about. He falsely interpreted what he had been inspired to write.

is about nothing other than twisting and hiding the truth of the matter.

Ive said this very thing often. Do we, as students of the bible want to see more clearly, or less? Do we want more precision or less? The catholic wants less. It wants to muddy the waters not clear them up. The greek is more precise than aramaic. The aramaic makes no distinction in Matt 16, the greek does. If we want to know what God wants us to know post apostolic age we read the original. And that original was greek. Or at least a translation from the greek. The same thing happens in Luke 1:28. They don't want to deal with the greek or even the aramaic. But here the latin is what they prefer because it makes mary 'full of grace' when she clearly isn't.

They prefer whatever agrees with them, not whats right.

Nobody said that. Are you putting words in my mouth?

Look at my last sentence and the question I asked...

The NT was written in Greek, not Aramaic, where there is a difference between "petros" and "petra". I hope someday you discern the difference, and accept that your church is wrong.
Now, back to the OP: was the HS spouse to Mary?

Last edited:
Look at my last sentence and the question I asked...

The NT was written in Greek, not Aramaic, where there is a difference between "petros" and "petra". I hope someday you discern and the difference, and accept that your church is wrong.
I agree!
Furthermore, God prepared the way for the gospel to be spread widely and quickly. Quickly by having Rome build roads all over, and widely by having Greek as a common tongue throughout the Roman world. Remember, also, that the LXX was a translation of the Hebrew Bible into Greek because so many Jews of the diaspora did not understand Hebrew, but were conversant in Greek. To write a gospel in anything other than Greek would be an exercise in futility, for Jerusalem would be destroyed by AD70, and Aramaic (as well as Hebrew) was an extremely localized language, incomprehensible to many of the citizens of the Roman Empire.

(Of course, the RCC is incapable of admitting that God knew how to get His message out quickly and widely - especially when the message disproves their theology.)

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

Last edited:
Ba-lo-ney! Only 2 things it teaches about Mary are true--she was Jesus' mother in His earthly sojourn, and was a virgin when the HS overshadowed her, enabling her to conceive Jesus in her virgin womb.

The rest of what your church teaches about her is false--fairy tales with no backing from Scripture.
Au contraire. It is very much back up with scripture.

Au contraire. It is very much back up with scripture.
OK....where is the perpetual virginity? the sinless life of Mary? the ascension into Heaven? the apostles, or anyone in Scripture, praying to Mary? her ability to hear everyone's prayers? or any other of the Godlike abilities the RCC gives her? I'll wait.

Here's where the RCC's "Mary" came from.........

Mary, the Virgin Mother of Christ, is arguably the most important Catholic icon save for the Holy Trinity. She’s likely the amalgamation of pre-Christian mother goddesses from antiquity whose ranks include Artemis, Demeter, Diana, Hera, Isis, and Venus. The cult of the Egyptian goddess Isis may have had a particularly strong influence on Christian myth. While historical records can not substantiate this entirely, there is physical evidence of statues of Isis cradling Horus that were converted and reused as the Virgin Mary holding Jesus.

Brigid, the beloved Celtic goddess associated with fertility and healing, is perhaps the clearest example of the survival of an early goddess into Catholicism. Practitioners, particularly in Ireland, pay tribute to Saint Brigid of Ireland who shares many of the early goddess’s attributes. Her feast day on the first of February falls around the same time as the pagan celebration of Imbolc.
The appropriation of these pagan practices and symbols by the Catholic Church shows how, as social interests change and new institutions are established, religious myths and practices are not so easily exterminated. Today, millions of Catholics eating the body and blood of their god, bowing their heads to feminine idols and celebrating natural cycles on the Liturgical Calendar are still worshiping in the ways of the ancient pagans.

Last edited:
OK....where is the perpetual virginity? the sinless life of Mary? the ascension into Heaven? the apostles, or anyone in Scripture, praying to Mary? her ability to hear everyone's prayers? or any other of the Godlike abilities the RCC gives her? I'll wait.

Here's where the RCC's "Mary" came from.........

Mary, the Virgin Mother of Christ, is arguably the most important Catholic icon save for the Holy Trinity. She’s likely the amalgamation of pre-Christian mother goddesses from antiquity whose ranks include Artemis, Demeter, Diana, Hera, Isis, and Venus. The cult of the Egyptian goddess Isis may have had a particularly strong influence on Christian myth. While historical records can not substantiate this entirely, there is physical evidence of statues of Isis cradling Horus that were converted and reused as the Virgin Mary holding Jesus.

Brigid, the beloved Celtic goddess associated with fertility and healing, is perhaps the clearest example of the survival of an early goddess into Catholicism. Practitioners, particularly in Ireland, pay tribute to Saint Brigid of Ireland who shares many of the early goddess’s attributes. Her feast day on the first of February falls around the same time as the pagan celebration of Imbolc.
The appropriation of these pagan practices and symbols by the Catholic Church shows how, as social interests change and new institutions are established, religious myths and practices are not so easily exterminated. Today, millions of Catholics eating the body and blood of their god, bowing their heads to feminine idols and celebrating natural cycles on the Liturgical Calendar are still worshiping in the ways of the ancient pagans.

Sorry, but I don't believe that propaganda. I have read through and studied both scripture and the teachings of the Catholic Church and this propaganda couldn't be anything further from the truth.

You're in denial.......
The Catholic Church has elevated Mary to the level of mediator, advocate, and co-redeemer of humanity, in direct contradiction of the Scriptures. In 1854, Pope Pius IX declared Mary “immaculate,” or sinless, thus giving her the position of mediator.
Mary takes the place of Jesus in Catholic teaching. Instead of the faithful looking to Jesus as the Author and Finisher of their faith, they look to Mary. In Mary they find access to God. In her the Church is all holy and can learn obedience to God.

“The Church’s devotion to the Blessed Virgin is intrinsic to Christian worship.” The Church rightly honors “the Blessed Virgin with special devotion. From the most ancient times the Blesses Virgin has been honored with the title of ‘Mother of God,’ to whose protection the faithful fly in all their dangers and needs.”

"The way to salvation is open to none otherwise than through Mary. The salvation of all depends on their being favoured and protected by Mary. He who is protected by Mary will be saved: he who is not will be lost. Our salvation depends on thee. God will not save us without the intercession of Mary."

Mary takes the place of God and she herself is treated like a goddess, a teaching to which the Catholic Church is not averse if we study even her modern statements on this issue.

But while in the most Blessed Virgin the Church has already reached that perfection whereby she exists without spot or wrinkle, the faithful still strive to conquer sin and increase in holiness. And so they turn their eyes to Mary: in her, the Church is already the “all-holy."

Here are some of the names Mary is given, from the book Thunder of Justice:

Prophetess Of These Last Times,
The Immaculate Conception,
Mother Of The Church,
Mary As The New Eve,
Queen Of Heaven and Earth/Queen of Peace,
The Assumption,
Queen of the Holy Rosary,
Queen and Mother of Families,
Mary as Co-Redemptrix,
Mediatrix,
Advocate,
Our Lady of all Nations,
Ark of the New Covenant,
Mother of the Second Advent.

The titles Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix, and Advocate in particular raise serious concerns, as they contradict the plainest teachings of Scripture.
The Bible clearly teaches that there is but one Redeemer, Mediator, and Advocate, and that is Christ Jesus.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 2:5)

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people (Luke 1:68).

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous (1 John 2:1).

In spite of these words, the Catholic Church is willing to accept Mary in the place of Jesus Christ, depriving Him of His mediatory role. Even more surprising is the willingness of the Catholic Church to acknowledge Mary as goddess and part of the Godhead. This teaching is already covertly in place and is, in effect, nothing other than pagan goddess worship.

Last edited:
Back