What do LDS Apostles and Prophets actually do?

Yes, but lazy learners only have to keep one....By faith or faith alone.... but "by and alone" are not there. chuskles
Paul says we are saved by grace through faith and NOT by works, and it is the gift of God. And neither works of the Law or works done in righteousness save us, but God in His mercy DOES.

So, if we are saved by grace through faith and NOT by any works--either works done in righteousness or works of the Law--what is there left to be saved by, Richard?

W. Cleon Skousen, a former BYU professor, wrote:

Through modern revelation we learn that the universe is filled with vast numbers of intelligences, and we further learn that Elohim is God simply because all of these intelligences honor and sustain Him as such.... But since God 'acquired' the honor and sustaining influence of 'all things' it follows as a corollary that if He should ever do anything to violate the confidence or sense of justice' of these intelligences, they would promptly withdraw their support, and the 'power' of God would disintegrate.... 'He would cease to be God.' Our Heavenly Father can do only those things which the intelligences under Him are voluntarily willing to support Him in accomplishing (The First 2000 Years, pp. 355-356).
Once again, this sounds like something from the Green Lantern...

Paul says we are saved by grace through faith and NOT by works, and it is the gift of God. And neither works of the Law or works done in righteousness save us, but God in His mercy DOES.

While I don't disagree with your postulations in the above post--it still leaves the elephant left sitting in the room. The critics seem to always fail to address this issue, when speaking of God's grace, which is indeed what saves.

Bonnie--question for you--does God extend His salvational grace to them which walk in His light? Yes or no?

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

I have already addressed this, but once again, you ignored it and repeated yourself,.....

Which is the standard reply when the critics haven't any viable answer to offer.

I'm still waiting, Bonnie:

dberrie said---Says the lady who believes there is no more need for the temple of God, as found here:

Revelation 7:13-15---King James Version
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

That's not a reference to a physical human body, which means our bodies being a temple does not preclude the need for the temple, and the work which goes on there. If that work wasn't necessary--then there would be no need for the temple, as God is directing that work, in Revelation 7.

The servants referenced there wear white robes--and serve God Himself in His physical temple.

That your church has nothing to compare to that isn't proof that testimony isn't true. It certainly is a pattern one will find in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

There is nothing in your church that you can show --which separated out the NT church from all others, IE--the heavenly manifestations, the canonized scriptures which recorded the heavenly manifestations, the priesthood, the temple, etc.---which your church is a man-made church manifested without those things----with the name of a man.

That you can point your finger and accuse does nothing to separate you from the traditional Jews of the NT--accusing the NT church of the same accusations you bring against His church today.

It is true my church does not have what your church has--

Nor the NT church--which had the living, mortal apostles and prophets, the heavenly revelations, the canonized scripture to testify to those events, the temple, etc.

The critic's churches here haven't the first thing to compare to those heavenly things. They can only point their finger and accuse the very church which does possess those things, the same as the traditional Jews did with the NT church.

lying false prophets and false apostles who teach false doctrines that lead people astray from the true Jesus Christ of the Bible. THANK GOD!!!

Says the lady who can't post the first Biblical NT scripture which isn't found within The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as far as salvational doctrines go--even though she can take the opportunity any time she wishes.

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Your church was founded by a lying, false prophet womanizer.

I feel sure the same accusation was made against David, Abraham, Jacob, Solomon, Moses, etc.

The very ones you claim are men after God's own heart.

While I don't disagree with your postulations in the above post--it still leaves the elephant left sitting in the room. The critics seem to always fail to address this issue, when speaking of God's grace, which is indeed what saves.

Actually, the "elephant in the room" has always been MORMONS running away from Scripture that contradicts their false teachings:

Rom. 3:19 Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God. 20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Btw, try to pay attention.
This is the MORMONISM forum.
The forum is discussing MORMONISM, not for discussing what "the critics" believe.

Bonnie--question for you--

You're in the wrong forum.
This forum is for MORMONS to answer OUR question, not for us to answer yours.

Nor the NT church--which had the living, mortal apostles and prophets, the heavenly revelations, the canonized scripture to testify to those events, the temple, etc.

Well, the true Christian church (of which Bonnie and I are a part) does have true living apostles and prophets.

Our prophets are Isaiah, Jeremiah, Malachi, etc. etc.
Our apostles are Peter, James, John, Andrew, Thomas, etc. etc.
Maybe you've heard of them?

Luke 20:38 Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living, for all live to him.”

The Mormon church, OTOH, is a false church with a false god, false gospel, false prophets, and false apostles.

The critic's churches ...

are OFF-TOPIC for this forum.

Just because you can't defend your own indefensible and bankrupt religion does not give you justification to derail discussion away from Mormonism.

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

So why do you keep RUNNING AWAY from the following?:

Rom. 3:19 Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God. 20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

So you keep telling yourself that you're capable of "keeping the commandments", just like the Pharisees continued to claim, even though Jesus constantly rebuked them.

It's God's doctrine, not ours.
So take it up with Him if you don't like the way HE set things up.
Right, and you should not add by faith and understand its through faith we are saved..... through (by means of, as a. result of)...

The meaning is there in the text.
Once again, when you introduce faith, and exclude ALL works, that makes faith "alone".
That's how language works.
We are saved through faith, not by faith. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God (emphasis added). Faith alone is not enough. There were those in the days of Christ who made the same argument against works that today's traditional Christians do.
LDS.org

James 2:26

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
We are saved through faith, not by faith.

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

So, if we are saved by grace through faith and NOT by any works--either works done in righteousness or works of the Law--what is there left to be saved by, Richard?
Yes, Saved Through faith is correct and not by Faith which is wrong.... so again you have it wrong we have never taught one is Saved By Faith or Saved by Faith alone, we are saved by the grace of God and nobody can earn their way into heaven... if you can show where we teach by works we are saved, then find it and post it.... but it will be a lost cause for you and a waste of your time looking.... chuckle.

We are saved
by grace through faithThe blood of Christ saves Jew and Gentile alike—The Church is built upon the foundation of apostles and prophets.

Ephesians 2

Right, and you should not add by faith and understand its through faith we are saved..... through (by means of, as a. result of)...

I'm simply going by what Scripture teaches.

And you still haven't demonstrated that YOU understand the difference between "by" and "through".

And since this the MORMONISM forum, not the "Evangelical" forum, YOU need to explain why you keep IGNORING all the "not by works" passages.

I'm simply going by what Scripture teaches.
What, by faith and you are going to stick with that nonexistent word, or alone also nonexistent... chuckle.
It's by grace you are save and not by faith, or faith lone....which is used only as through faith...oh my!

And you still haven't demonstrated that YOU understand the difference between "by" and "through".

You missed it...

And since this the MORMONISM forum, not the "Evangelical" forum, YOU need to explain why you keep IGNORING all the "not by works" passages.

I never mentioned your religion or doctrine,,,, I'm only pointing out scripture that eludes you....

What, by faith and you are going to stick with that nonexistent word, or alone also nonexistent... chuckle.

Really?!
So why are you misrepresenting me?
Especially when my beliefs are OFF-TOPIC for this forum?

It's by grace you are save and not by faith, or faith lone....which is used only as through faith...oh my!

So what does "not by works" mean in Eph. 2:9?
So what does "not by works" mean in 2 Tim. 1:9?
So what does "not by works" mean in Tit. 3:5?
So what does "not by works" mean in Rom. 4:1-5?
So what does "not by works" mean in Rom. 4:6?
So what does "not by works" mean in Rom. 11:5-6?

Why do you keep RUNNING AWAY from all these passages?

You missed it...

I doubt that.
If i had, you'd easily be able to linik to it.
But you can't.

I never mentioned your religion or doctrine,,,, I'm only pointing out scripture that eludes you....

Since "faith alone" is NOT a Mormon teaching, you ARE going off-topic every time you bring it up. Stop playing these stupid games. Nobody's impressed.

Really?!
So why are you misrepresenting me?
Especially when my beliefs are OFF-TOPIC for this forum?

So your belief that Active Mormons are going to hell is off topic... nice to know.
And that I called you out for adding to the Bible is off topic... so sorry that you are sensitive to talking about you feelings and beliefs.... chuckle. 🤣🤣🤣

So what does "not by works" mean in Eph. 2:9?
So what does "not by works" mean in 2 Tim. 1:9?
So what does "not by works" mean in Tit. 3:5?
So what does "not by works" mean in Rom. 4:1-5?
So what does "not by works" mean in Rom. 4:6?
So what does "not by works" mean in Rom. 11:5-6?
I thought we were talking about by faith and by faith alone as not being in the Bible... I guess my bad... chuckle.

Why do you keep RUNNING AWAY from all these passages?

Why? I agree with them...
I doubt that.
If i had, you'd easily be able to linik to it.
But you can't.

I won't do your unfinished business for you... if you don't know the difference between by and through then there is not need for you to change your beliefs... get it, beliefs.... chuckles

Since "faith alone" is NOT a Mormon teaching, you ARE going off-topic every time you bring it up. Stop playing these stupid games. Nobody's impressed.
But it is a Mormon Teaching we reject, so why can't we discuss why Mormons reject it.... nice try but I did not bring up your doctrine or you church...

So your belief that Active Mormons are going to hell is off topic... nice to know.

Well, no... That's NOT how it works.

And that I called you out for adding to the Bible is off topic... so sorry that you are sensitive to talking about you feelings and beliefs.... chuckle. 🤣🤣

Yes, my beliefs ARE off-topic.
And I didn't "add" ANYTHING to the Bible.

That's what Mormons do.

I thought we were talking about by faith and by faith alone as not being in the Bible... I guess my bad... chuckle.

Yep, "your bad", in that you IGNORE all the "not by works" passages.

Why? I agree with them...

No, you obviously don't.
EXPLAIN how you allegedly "agree with" all the while holding that works ARE required for salvation.

I won't do your unfinished business for you... if you don't know the difference between by and through then there is not need for you to change your beliefs... get it, beliefs.... chuckles

I know the difference.
You don't.
But you're abusing my refusal to give you the answer as an excuse not to give the answer.

Btw, which excuse are you going with?
That you already answered?
Or that you "won't do [my] unfinished business for [me]"?
It seems that you can't keep your stories straight.

But it is a Mormon Teaching we reject, so why can't we discuss why Mormons reject it.... nice try but I did not bring up your doctrine or you church...

<Chuckle>
If you "reject" a teaching, that makes it OFF-TOPIC.
Again, you're simply playing stupid games to try to justify derailng threads away from Mormonism.

We are saved through faith, not by faith. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God (emphasis added). Faith alone is not enough. There were those in the days of Christ who made the same argument against works that today's traditional Christians do.
LDS.org

James 2:26

We are saved through faith, not by faith.

Ephesians 2:8
We are saved by BOTH. They are two sides of the same coin and both are the gift of God.

But DO read Luke 7:50 and tell us what Jesus said actually saved the woman.

Back