What I went through because of Christianity.

So you won't answer my question because no, you won't lift a finger to stop the harm.

You haven't demonstrated any "harm" for there to stop.
The only "harm" was caused by your own self-imposed ignorance.
And we don't have the power to solve your ignorance.

That's correct. The fact that healing miracles never happen falsifies your religion.

Prove that "healing miracles never happen".

You have no miracles at all and won't admit it.

I have a personal testimony of one of the greatest miracles of all.
But you want me to deny TRUTH because of your own skepticism.
Sorry, massa, you ain't ma boss.

So you won't answer my question because no, you won't lift a finger to stop the harm.
What harm? You gas lighting your personal hatred?
That's correct. The fact that healing miracles never happen falsifies your religion.
How would you know that? That would require omniscience the very thing you are attempting to refute. Shot yourself in the foot.
That analogy doesn't fit because there are no true "cancer treatments." You have no miracles at all and won't admit it.
No true cancer treatments? Now you are an oncologist?
I'm not harming innocent people. I'm harming you.
So your intentions are to harm.

What harm?
It's coming right up...
You gas lighting your personal hatred?
Here it is! You are insinuating that there's something wrong with my "personal hatred." But as we all know, you are omitting an important fact: My hatred is hatred for injustice, deceit, greed, and doing harm to innocent people. It is good to hate evil like I do. You appear to love evil.
How would you know that? That would require omniscience the very thing you are attempting to refute. Shot yourself in the foot.
I think it's really obvious that miracles of healing are as unreal as leprechauns. I assume you think leprechauns are unreal. Do you need omniscience to realize leprechauns are unreal? No, of course not. All you need is basic common sense. The same goes for Christian claims of divine healing.

But--I am a fair and honest man. If you ever demonstrate any miraculous powers from God--or a leprechaun--then I will adjust my thinking to accept the reality of either one.
No true cancer treatments? Now you are an oncologist?
Uh, I placed those words in quotation marks. That meant they are not to be taken literally but as representing miraculous healings in the context of your analogy. In the same way as there are no true cancer treatments in your hypothetical world, there are no true miraculous healings in the real world.
So your intentions are to harm.
Absolutely! I want to drive a dagger deep into the heart of all that deception that leads people to be hurt or even killed by faith healing. I went to put it sex feet under.

Here it is! You are insinuating that there's something wrong with my "personal hatred." But as we all know, you are omitting an important fact: My hatred is hatred for injustice, deceit, greed, and doing harm to innocent people. It is good to hate evil like I do. You appear to love evil.

I just watched a body-cam event of a woman arrested by cops on a college campus. There was a protester who was protesting against abortion, and the woman (who was a professor there) came up to the microphone "shouting her abortion". She grabbed the mic, the protester took it back, she grabbed the cord and wouldn't let go, so the protester called over the cops, who were nearby patrolling, and they ordered her to let go of the cord. She basically refused a lawful order, and played "20 Questions" with the cop, so they finally arrested her. She resisted, so they had to take her down to the ground (grassy area), and put her in the back of a patrol car. She was eventually given a citation and released, but not before spending 15 minutes "lecturing" the cops, and announcing her intention to lodge a complaint with the police station.

So like you, she is convincd that she is "innocent", and it is the cops who were "evil" for simply doing their job.

I keep asking you these questions, and you keep dodging the questions because you kno they betray you as the one being in the wrong.

1) Who "forced" you into believing in faith healing?
2) Who "forced" you to give the faith healer money?

You need to stop blaming OTHERS for your poor choices.
You need to take responsibility for your actions and choices.

But--I am a fair and honest man.

No, you're not.
If you were, you would stop blaming others for YOUR poor choices.

The fact that healing miracles never happen falsifies your religion.
No. What it means is, besides your unbelief that won't believe anything you see with your eyes, you don't get around enough.

In the church I attended a baby was born to a couple in the congregation that was born without a butthole (I'm being serious). We prayed as a congregation and at his next examination had a butthole. Then there was the small child who was deaf. We prayed as a congregation and he was able to hear. So don't tell those of us who have been around that God does not heal miraculously.

You obviously have never had cancer or known someone who has.
The people I've known who have had cancer have been Christians. Sadly, none of their prayers helped them, and they all died.
No. What it means is, besides your unbelief that won't believe anything you see with your eyes, you don't get around enough.
Your posts indicate a writer of young age.

Anyway, you need to understand that it matters not one bit what I will believe or how much I get around. Miracles still don't happen.
In the church I attended a baby was born to a couple in the congregation that was born without a butthole (I'm being serious). We prayed as a congregation and at his next examination had a butthole.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any wackier...
Then there was the small child who was deaf. We prayed as a congregation and he was able to hear. So don't tell those of us who have been around that God does not heal miraculously.
You can make any claims you wish. I don't need to believe them. I see your miracle stories as on a par with tales of Bigfoot, ET abductions, and Nesse, that monster in a Scottish Loch. We have tons of stories, but no substance to any of them.

The people I've known who have had cancer have been Christians. Sadly, none of their prayers helped them, and they all died.

So what?
That doesn't prove anything.
Medical healing is not merely some "parlour trick".
God did not give us the "power" to heal "on demand".
In fact it is not us who heal, it is God who heals.

Sometimes God heals the sick, and sometimes He doesn't.
God has no obligation to heal "everyone".
And sick people have no "right" to be healed by God.
Further, God doesn't heal people for their own sake.
He heals people for His own glory.

As for "they all died", I hate to break it to you, but EVERYONE dies, whether they have cancer or not. I'm sorry if this is news to you.

Anyway, you need to understand that it matters not one bit what I will believe or how much I get around. Miracles still don't happen.

You have no basis for making that claim.
You do not have exhaustive knowledge of everything that happened on Earth. You are limited to your own experience.

And you do NOT get to deny someone ELSE's experience, just because your experience doesn't match it.
You really are a piece of work, aren't you?

Just when I thought it couldn't get any wackier...

Well, if you would stop posting, that would help a lot.

You can make any claims you wish. I don't need to believe them.

Nobody cares what you believe.
You simply don't matter that much.

But what you don't seem to understand is that your refusal to believe something does NOT make that thing false. Reality is NOT dependent on whether you believe it or not. You really need to get over yourself.

Some do die. Nobody's saying all Christians will be miraculously healed.

I see your miracle stories as on a par with tales of Bigfoot, ET abductions, and Nesse, that monster in a Scottish Loch. We have tons of stories, but no substance to any of them.
How is a new born baby that didn't have a butthole, but has one now, and a deaf child that can now hear not substance?

So what?
That doesn't prove anything.
I've never seen prayer help any more than a rabbit's foot does.
Medical healing is not merely some "parlour trick".
God did not give us the "power" to heal "on demand".
In fact it is not us who heal, it is God who heals.
Actually, if God existed, then healing would not be needed.
Sometimes God heals the sick, and sometimes He doesn't.
God has no obligation to heal "everyone".
And sick people have no "right" to be healed by God.
You can easily explain all this by positing a manmade God. Gods created by crafty men cannot heal, but those crafty men can surely take credit for their God if somebody appears to be healed.
Further, God doesn't heal people for their own sake.
He heals people for His own glory.
That's what the Bible says. Most people fail to realize that such a God strikes people blind from birth in order to show off later! Yes, that's not for people's sake making them suffer for most of their lives.
As for "they all died", I hate to break it to you, but EVERYONE dies, whether they have cancer or not. I'm sorry if this is news to you.
Uh boy--it keeps getting worse with every post. If you bothered to actually read the context in which I said all died, you should be able to understand that I was referring to death from cancer.

Do you read the Bible like that?
You have no basis for making that claim.
You do not have exhaustive knowledge of everything that happened on Earth. You are limited to your own experience.
You can prove me wrong with one miracle, but you don't have any miracles.
And you do NOT get to deny someone ELSE's experience, just because your experience doesn't match it.
I do deny your miracle claim, and I will bet my last dollar that it's bogus.
You really are a piece of work, aren't you?
No matter how many evil things you spit at people, miracles still don't happen.
Nobody cares what you believe.
You simply don't matter that much.
No matter how much I don't matter, it doesn't make miracles at all real.
But what you don't seem to understand is that your refusal to believe something does NOT make that thing false.
Right. Lies make claims false.
Reality is NOT dependent on whether you believe it or not. You really need to get over yourself.
I understand your frustration being a Christian. I went through the same thing when I was a Christian. Leaving is one of the best things I ever did.

I've never seen prayer help any more than a rabbit's foot does.

Well, since you don't strike me as someone who prays in faith, that hardly surprises me.

But once again, you are NOT allowed to deny anyone else's experience.

Actually, if God existed, then healing would not be needed.

That's a ginormous "non sequitur".

Where does the Bible teach, "If God existed, then healing would not be needed"?

That's what the Bible says. Most people fail to realize that such a God strikes people blind from birth in order to show off later!

Apparently you're jealous of God.

Yes, that's not for people's sake making them suffer for most of their lives.

Do sinners deserve anything different?
I bet you defend the murderers of Black people, too, don't you?

Uh boy--it keeps getting worse with every post. If you bothered to actually read the context in which I said all died, you should be able to understand that I was referring to death from cancer.

Thank you for the childish insult.
Yes, I understood that.
It makes no difference.
If they didn't have cancer, or did have cancer but were healed, they'd STILL die.

What part of that don't you understand?!

Do you read the Bible like that?

I read the Bible for understanding.
It's God's love letter to His people.

You can prove me wrong with one miracle, but you don't have any miracles.

No, I can't, since you will simply deny any fact that happens your way.

But I'm not interested in "proving" anything to you.

I do deny your miracle claim, and I will bet my last dollar that it's bogus.

You will come to regret that.

No matter how many evil things you spit at people, miracles still don't happen.

I haven't spat ANY "evil thing" at anyone.
So again, thank you for the childish false accusation.

I understand your frustration being a Christian.

<sigh>
Is this your lame attempt at trying to gas-light me?
I have absolutely ZERO "frustration" being a Christian.
Are all atheists pathological liars?

I became a Christian 33 years ago, and it is without a doubt the very BEST thing that ever happened to me.

I went through the same thing when I was a Christian.

You were never a Christian.

Leaving is one of the best things I ever did.

Wait for a few more decades.
Hindsight is always 20/20.

It's coming right up...

I think it's really obvious that miracles of healing are as unreal as leprechauns. I assume you think leprechauns are unreal. Do you need omniscience to realize leprechauns are unreal? No, of course not. All you need is basic common sense. The same goes for Christian claims of divine healing.

But--I am a fair and honest man. If you ever demonstrate any miraculous powers from God--or a leprechaun--then I will adjust my thinking to accept the reality of either one.

Uh, I placed those words in quotation marks. That meant they are not to be taken literally but as representing miraculous healings in the context of your analogy. In the same way as there are no true cancer treatments in your hypothetical world, there are no true miraculous healings in the real world.

Absolutely! I want to drive a dagger deep into the heart of all that deception that leads people to be hurt or even killed by faith healing. I went to put it sex feet under.

It's coming right up...

First the title of your thread is wrong. Christianity did not sucker you, certain people did. So if you are seeking to expose lies and show the truth, start with your own house.

Judge a movement by it's originator not who you believe are its followers. Did Jesus or His Apostles teach that taking advantage of the cognitively challenged was the right thing to do? No. So why do you park these peoples deeds and your stupidity at my Jesus door? It was your blind faith and stupidity that got you taken, and it's now your blind hatred and revenge that has you here.

Everyone is allowed to be a dumbass once.
Fool me once = shame on you.
Fool me twice = shame on me.

I have a personal testimony of one of the greatest miracles of all.
But you want me to deny TRUTH because of your own skepticism.
Sorry, massa, you ain't ma boss.
And you want me to deny the truth that God is a Spirit and not a man but only resides in man to have His same disposition of mind, Spirit.

So just what is that greatest miracle of all that you testify of?

First the title of your thread is wrong.
I think it fits the subject well.
Christianity did not sucker you, certain people did.
That's correct. Christianity is just an ideology, and by itself it has no causal power. It is the people who adopt it who give it power to do good or bad. As it has turned out, many people who are bent on evil have adopted Christianity as a rationalization and a description of that evil. Because a wrathful God, a wiley Satan, and an eternal hell to punish alleged sinners are dogmas of Christianity, none of us should be surprised that Christianity is such a powerful tool in the hands of those who would harm the innocent.
So if you are seeking to expose lies and show the truth, start with your own house.
I don't know what you mean here
Judge a movement by it's originator not who you believe are its followers.
I will judge according to what I see fit. All those involved in Christianity to some degree deserve blame for those who have abused people with it. Nobody is any special exception.
Did Jesus or His Apostles teach that taking advantage of the cognitively challenged was the right thing to do? No.
I must disagree. The early Christians acted in the same way faith healers do today. They falsely claimed to heal people to evangelize their religion.
So why do you park these peoples deeds and your stupidity at my Jesus door?
That's an abusive question. It's an example of the evil I mentioned above. So we see that yes, evil doers can use Christianity as a weapon to harm innocent people.
It was your blind faith and stupidity that got you taken, and it's now your blind hatred and revenge that has you here.
Hmmm. That sounds like something the Pharisees as they are portrayed in the Gospel would have said to Jesus. It seems to be human nature to oppose reformers.
Everyone is allowed to be a dumbass once.
Fool me once = shame on you.
Fool me twice = shame on me.
Is this your example of how you love your enemies? How you bless those who you think curse you, and how you do good to those who you feel hate you?

In any event, I implore you to do some thinking about this abuse of yours. It's almost certain that it will come back to harm you.

I think it fits the subject well.

That's correct. Christianity is just an ideology, and by itself it has no causal power. It is the people who adopt it who give it power to do good or bad. As it has turned out, many people who are bent on evil have adopted Christianity as a rationalization and a description of that evil. Because a wrathful God, a wiley Satan, and an eternal hell to punish alleged sinners are dogmas of Christianity, none of us should be surprised that Christianity is such a powerful tool in the hands of those who would harm the innocent.
Dumb logic. Similar to stating mortgages are evil because of the 2000’s mortgage fraud.
I will judge according to what I see fit. All those involved in Christianity to some degree deserve blame for those who have abused people with it. Nobody is any special exception.
Rather cowardly. Seems you either can’t or are unwilling to comfort and expose those who suckered you, you now take it out on innocent people.
I must disagree. The early Christians acted in the same way faith healers do today. They falsely claimed to heal people to evangelize their religion.
Unsupported accusations.
Is this your example of how you love your enemies? How you bless those who you think curse you, and how you do good to those who you feel hate you?

In any event, I implore you to do some thinking about this abuse of yours. It's almost certain that it will come back to harm you.
The truth hurts and is offensive. And I don’t consider you an enemy. Dumbass yes. Enemy no.

I was badly injured in an accident in 1977 when I was fifteen years old. About ten years later I got involved with some Pentecostal Christians who told me that God could heal my injuries and restore me to fitness. I believed them, and I read the Bible believing what it says about God, Christ, faith, prayer, and everything else. The promised miracles of healing and restoration never arrived. And the money I sent out to preachers like Oral Roberts never came back. If all that wasn't bad enough, I was ridiculed by both believers and unbelievers alike for believing what the preachers and the Bible says. About a year or two later I attempted suicide.

So whether you realize it or not you are hurting people when you espouse what the Bible says. You are hurting them badly, and some of those people die.

So what I would recommend to avoid these kinds of tragedies is keep your Christian beliefs to yourselves. Or if you do discuss those beliefs, then explain that they are your own personal beliefs that you cannot assure are good or true.

In other words, tell the truth.
Gods kingdom will be a cure all. 99% of all religion claiming to be christian, aren't in reality. Billions are being duped. They are a product of these-2Thess 2:3=Catholicism, no protestant branch ever fixed much of her errors.

Gods kingdom will be a cure all. 99% of all religion claiming to be christian, aren't in reality. Billions are being duped. They are a product of these-2Thess 2:3=Catholicism, no protestant branch ever fixed much of her errors.
So what do you think of the evil people here heaping abuse on others? Are they in that 99 percent?

Back