What is God proclaiming in these scriptures?

It pleases God to save those who believe; would you say that salvation is conditioned on what man does?
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Fear of the Lord, reproof of the Holy Ghost, double-edge sword of the inspired word,

No. The salvation of man or the creation of His children is purely an act of God, because if whatever we do to move toward God or to be drawn by Him it is still Him causing it. So, if God is causing it to occur, then how is it conditioned on us?

No. The salvation of man or the creation of His children is purely an act of God, because if whatever we do to move toward God or to be drawn by Him it is still Him causing it. So, if God is causing it to occur, then how is it conditioned on us?
Does this verse mean that we cause God to be pleased to save one that believes?
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Does this verse mean that we cause God to be pleased to save one that believes?

No. If God causes whoever believes to believe, then as a unbeliever we can't go from a unbeliever to a believer on our own. So, God must do something that causes the unbeliever to believe.

No. If God causes whoever believes to believe, then as a unbeliever we can't go from a unbeliever to a believer on our own. So, God must do something that causes the unbeliever to believe.
Right we don't cause God to be pleased; it pleases God to save those who believe. The verse does not state God causes someone to believe.

Right we don't cause God to be pleased; it pleases God to save those who believe. The verse does not state God causes someone to believe.

If "we don't cause God to be pleased" and God is still pleased "to save those who believe", then whose belief pleases God in saving man?

He is also called "the Word", the gospel of Lord Jesus Christ.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God; 2 this one was in the beginning with God;
3 all things through him did happen, and without him happened not even one thing that hath happened. John 1:1-3

17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but -- to proclaim good news; not in wisdom of discourse, that the cross of the Christ may not be made of none effect; 18 for the word of the cross to those indeed perishing is foolishness, and to us -- those being saved -- it is the power of God, 19 for it hath been written, `I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the intelligence of the intelligent I will bring to nought;' 20 where [is] the wise? where the scribe? where a disputer of this age? did not God make foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 for, seeing in the wisdom of God the world through the wisdom knew not God, it did please God through the foolishness of the preaching to save those believing. 1 Corinthians 1:15-21

If "we don't cause God to be pleased" and God is still pleased "to save those who believe", then whose belief pleases God in saving man?
18 for the word of the cross to those indeed perishing is foolishness, and to us -- those being saved -- it is the power of God, ... 1 Corinthians 1:18
Yes, God saves those who believe, and the gospel is the power of God to save those who believe.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

I do not see a problem there.

It is conditioned upon us according to how we either accept or reject Christ as Savior.

The act of God to undertake Salvation is His Provision. Entry into that provision is our decision. Reading determonistic doctrine into Scripture's Message of Salvation is the tail wagging the dog.

Christ being the Alpha and Omega, Creator and Judge in no manner describes what happens in between those beginning and concluding events such that human will is excluded. God is so providential His Omega outcome is still accomplished regardless of whatever any Man, or Satan, will decide to do.

Remember, Reformism largely restated and continued the basic errors of Romanism. Calvin avoided Christ's Gospel of Mercy and Forgiveness. He exhibited no fruits of the Spirit in his complicity upon murder of his detractors. By their works shall you know them.

It is not possible to be perfectly sinless or never having committed one blunder this side of heaven.
Up to a point, this is true for the believer.
But as true and genuine believers we desire in our hearts to live clean and wholesome lives.
It really has nothing to do with "will or effort" (Romans 9:16) To desire righteousness is just as much a factor in the lives of legalistic Pharisees so that's neither here nor there.
A person who professes to never blunder (sin), is not only lying to themselves but to others around them.
Again, it's important to note the past tense as well as the chronology of events within the context of John's letters.
The theme of 1 John 1 is that genuine fellowship not only with God is important, but also with other Christians, and that God's work in us is ongoing (sanctification) our entire lives.
And sanctification is not a process of justification for sin.
John makes a distinction between the occasional blunders committed and the ongoing lifestyle reminiscent of an unregenerated person who professes to be a Christian.
No. He doesn't.
John has much concern for some of the Christians to whom his letter is addressed to; for he didn't want them to become influenced by those of whom were teaching heresy. He begins with reminding his readers of the fact that he and the other Apostles had personally eyewitnessed the life and ministry of Jesus Christ. He then moves on to the quality and attributes of God. He uses the analogy of light vs darkness to show that this pertains to the moral realm of the purity and Character of God.
And where there is light, there can be no darkness. Note that darkness still exists. It just doesn't exist in the light.
The purpose of John's message is to show that this is tied into the salvation of those he is writing to and to bring them into fellowship with God and with the Apostles. We can certainly surmise that as John continues, he has those opposing him in mind also. For the lives of those who were opposing him; their conduct was contradictory to their claims of having fellowship with God.

Agreed.
When we come to Christ, genuine change must follow. John homes in on the fact that the lives of his opponents, did not reflect a genuine conversion to Christ. They were still walking in darkness all the while claiming to have fellowship with God. In other words they were Christian in name only. They enjoyed the benefits of being with other Christians without having truly committed their lives to Christ. They had an outward appearance, but void of any real relationship to Christ.

Well put.
John wants to reassure his readers about their forgiveness of sins committed after having become Christians.
No, he doesn't. Again, look at the chronology of events articulated in his letters.
This is in stark contrast to the lifestyles of the opponents, of whom profess to have fellowship with God , but deny their profession by their unchanged lifestyle .
Yes, it's clear that they are professing Christians rather than confessing Christians.
John reassures us that when we mess up, we can go to God about it, and he will cleanse our hearts just as he did the first hour we believed.
John clearly lays out a chronology of events which doesn't include the ability to sin with impunity which is what you're presenting and is no different than those who profess to be followers of Christ, but clearly aren't. At least they can keep the law without making silly excuses.

John clearly lays out a chronology of events which doesn't include the ability to sin with impunity

I NEVER said a person could remain in a sinful lifestyle as they did before being saved. What I said was, and restated in a second post was that no Christian can lay claim to living a perfectly sinless life, this side of heaven without ever having sinned ever again. When we (collectively speaking) stumble, but then carry on as if nothing happened; it hinders our relationship with God.

So let me reiterate the list of sins from a previous post in this thread; that some Christians claim, (collectively speaking) that they have never commit since becoming a Christian. See people in general speaking don't want to admit that they did anything wrong, and this includes Christians. Mankind is really good at passing the buck.

Anger,
backbiting,
expressing unkind thoughts of another,
bitterness,
boasting,
ridiculing another person,
complaining about what you can't do,
complaining about don't have,
contentiousness,
foul language,
breaking an agreement,
covetousness,
craftiness (as in wrong doing),
deceit,
desiring praise from men,
causing divisions,
double tongued,
taking communion in an unworthily manner,
envy,
desiring something forbidden,
provoking someone to anger,
fearfulness,
anxiousness,
not recognizing your own faults,
bearing false witness,
greediness,
hatred,
arrogance,
hypocrisy,
speaking words that have no value,
refusing to be appeased,
passion or lust,
pursuing material possessions,
being fond of gratification,
selfishness,
maliciousness,
having bad character,
mocking,
presumptuousness,
pride,
puffed up,
slandering,
stirring up opposition against authority,
taking false oaths,
unforgiveness,
not being thankful,
false humility,
failing to do something but should have.

It is conditioned upon us according to how we either accept or reject Christ as Savior.

The act of God to undertake Salvation is His Provision. Entry into that provision is our decision. Reading determonistic doctrine into Scripture's Message of Salvation is the tail wagging the dog.

Christ being the Alpha and Omega, Creator and Judge in no manner describes what happens in between those beginning and concluding events such that human will is excluded. God is so providential His Omega outcome is still accomplished regardless of whatever any Man, or Satan, will decide to do.

Remember, Reformism largely restated and continued the basic errors of Romanism. Calvin avoided Christ's Gospel of Mercy and Forgiveness. He exhibited no fruits of the Spirit in his complicity upon murder of his detractors. By their works shall you know them.

Yes, God saves those who believe, and the gospel is the power of God to save those who believe.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

I do not see a problem there.

How does one go from an unbeliever to a believer; what makes a unbeliever believe when a unbeliever isn't doing what is required in order to make the truth and reality of God known to them, what makes them believe? Is it something man does or God, or is it something man does in accordance with God?

17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but -- to proclaim good news; not in wisdom of discourse, that the cross of the Christ may not be made of none effect;
18 for the word of the cross to those indeed perishing is foolishness, and to us -- those being saved -- it is the power of God,
19 for it hath been written, `I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the intelligence of the intelligent I will bring to nought;'
20 where [is] the wise? where the scribe? where a disputer of this age? did not God make foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 for, seeing in the wisdom of God the world through the wisdom knew not God, it did please God through the foolishness of the preaching to save those believing. 1 Corinthians 1:15-21

The word "practicing" is not in the original. Did Jesus not practice sin, or did He not sin even once?

A multitude of scholars could all be on the wide road, because there are only a few that find it. Do you really believe that 1 John 1:6 is a Christian, even though he does not have God inside him Who is LIGHT.

"We" and "I" are teaching tools that all must examine themselves with. 1 John 1:8-9 are together. The first is not a Christian, but the next verse is how to become a Christian and to be CLEANSED OF ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. How much unrighteousness or sin is left? Are they still a sinner? Or as 1 John 3:1-3 says, a child of God? Sinners will not go to heaven so chuck those "scholars" and believe Jesus. John 8:32-36.

How does one go from an unbeliever to a believer; what makes a unbeliever believe when a unbeliever isn't doing what is required (believing) in order to make the truth and reality of God known to them, what makes them believe? Is it something man does or is it something man does in accordance with God?

17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but -- to proclaim good news; not in wisdom of discourse, that the cross of the Christ may not be made of none effect; 18 for the word of the cross to those indeed perishing is foolishness, and to us -- those being saved -- it is the power of God, 19 for it hath been written, `I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the intelligence of the intelligent I will bring to nought;' 20 where [is] the wise? where the scribe? where a disputer of this age? did not God make foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 for, seeing in the wisdom of God the world through the wisdom knew not God, it did please God through the foolishness of the preaching to save those believing. 1 Corinthians 1:15-21

I NEVER said a person could remain in a sinful lifestyle
Strawman argument. I'm not making this distinction to begin with. God's law doesn't make this distinction either. God's law distinguishes between intentional and unintentional sin. Just FYI, intentional sin was never remedied by sacrifice so whatever sins one intentionally or knowingly commits cannot be covered by Christ's sacrifice because Christ came to fulfill the Mosaic law and the Mosaic law doesn't allow for that scenario.
as they did before being saved. What I said was, and restated in a second post was that no Christian can lay claim to living a perfectly sinless life,
I agree, but then I'm not talking about sinful Christians. I'm referring to those who walk after the Spirit, and we both agree that Christians aren't doing that.

Strawman argument. I'm not making this distinction to begin with. God's law doesn't make this distinction either. God's law distinguishes between intentional and unintentional sin. Just FYI, intentional sin was never remedied by sacrifice so whatever sins one intentionally or knowingly commits cannot be covered by Christ's sacrifice because Christ came to fulfill the Mosaic law and the Mosaic law doesn't allow for that scenario.
Even intentional sins can be covered, provided that there is genuine repentance, under the Davidic formula in Psalm 51:

16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17 My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart
you, God, will not despise.

Is it what "God" proclaims or what "we say" that believers are to believe? because according to what "God" proclaims; "the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us ('believers') from all sin". So, is His proclamation here that "the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin" and "he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" OR that we are sinners even after we become believers?

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life— 2 the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us— 3 that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete.
5 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1-10

If we have been cleansed from all sin, we then have no sin.

If we have sinned and we confess our sins, he cleanses us from all sin.

If we have been cleansed from all sin, we then have no sin.

Many say they believe who do not.

which doesn't include the ability to sin with impunity which is what you're presenting
The above statement makes an accusation, and now your claiming my reply to the above statement is a strawman

Strawman argument.

Just FYI, intentional sin was never remedied by sacrifice so whatever sins one intentionally or knowingly commits cannot be covered by Christ's sacrifice because Christ came to fulfill the Mosaic law and the Mosaic law doesn't allow for that scenario.
Interesting... David killed Uriah with both eyes wide open, in other words; what David did was deliberate and planned out. He had plenty of time to think it over and not do it. It most certainly was not a spur of the moment thing. Even so, God says to David through Nathan.

2 Samual 12:13
Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the LORD.” Nathan replied, “The LORD has taken away your sin"

Interesting that God forgives David in spite of David knowing better. David knew God's written law well and certainly could not claim he didn't know any better or wasn't aware. So, if God can take away sin from David, without David offering a sin sacrifice first; he can also cleanse us today when we stumble. Notice that Nathan doesn't tell David in the passage above to first go offer a sacrifice, then God will take away your sin. Instead, it says immediately after David's confession that the Lord had taken the sin away, already.

I know many here are parents of children under the age of 18. So let me ask you. When your kids disobey you, even though they know better. Did you throw them out of your home the first time they disobeyed you, and never speak to them ever again? Did you stop loving them? Of course not!!. You love your children, so you are willing to forgive them when they do wrong even when they commit the same offense a second and third time. So why would you think that God would be any different?

The above statement makes an accusation,
Correction: an observation.
and now your claiming my reply to the above statement is a strawman
It is. You're addressing claims I never made.
Interesting...
I would say it's fascinating.
David killed Uriah with both eyes wide open, in other words; what David did was deliberate and planned out.
Yes, these are synonyms for intentional sin.
He had plenty of time to think it over and not do it. It most certainly was not a spur of the moment thing. Even so, God says to David through Nathan.

2 Samual 12:13
Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the LORD.” Nathan replied, “The LORD has taken away your sin"
Agreed. I suppose you think you've made a point here, but unless you can find someplace in Nathan's statement where a sacrifice occurs, you're off on a wild goose hunt.
Interesting that God forgives David in spite of David knowing better.
I never claimed God wouldn't forgive sins without sacrifice. I merely pointed out a fundamental distinction within the Mosaic law; one which you are continuing to ignore.
David knew God's written law well and certainly could not claim he didn't know any better or wasn't aware.
Very true.
So, if God can take away sin from David, without David offering a sin sacrifice first; he can also cleanse us today when we stumble.
Sure, but as I pointed out earlier, Christ's sacrifice doesn't cover intentional sin. You still aren't addressing that fact.
Notice that Nathan doesn't tell David in the passage above to first go offer a sacrifice,
Yes! Exactly!
then God will take away your sin. Instead, it says immediately after David's confession that the Lord had taken the sin away, already.
Bingo!
I know many here are parents of children under the age of 18. So let me ask you.
Fallacy of the Ad Hominem. This isn't about me.

Is it what "God" proclaims or what "we say" that believers are to believe? because according to what "God" proclaims; "the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us ('believers') from all sin". So, is His proclamation here that "the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin" and "he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" OR that we are sinners even after we become believers?

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life— 2 the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us— 3 that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete.
5 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1-10

Those who follow Jesus obey every utterance from God to the absolute best of their abilties. Many believe and do not obey because they think their sin is forgiven automatic but it isnt--- Acts 3:19--Repent and turn around( stop doing the sin) to get sins blotted out. Just asking forgiveness does not cut it.
Hebrews 10:26--- There is no sacrifice left for any who practice a sin.

Those who follow Jesus obey every utterance from God to the absolute best of their abilties.

This is how it's done under the Old Testament. God told Moses to bring the children of Israel before Him that He "may prove them". They told Moses to tell God that they would rather do whatever God asks of them to the best of their abilities.

Paul points out that it has nothing to do with one's will or abilities, but God's mercy.

"For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy."
Many believe and do not obey because they think their sin is forgiven automatic but it isnt--- Acts 3:19--Repent and turn around( stop doing the sin) to get sins blotted out. Just asking forgiveness does not cut it.
Hebrews 10:26--- There is no sacrifice left for any who practice a sin.
Yes, and when we look at Hebrews 9:15, we see that it is only under the "first testament" that sins are forgiven; not under the second. There can only be one of two reasons for why this is the case: 1. no one sins under the second testament, or 2. those who do are damned because "there remains no more sacrifice for sins."

Which one of those sounds like good news to you? I am always amazed at how many people find the latter to be the gospel, but then the flesh loves to sin so it makes perfect sense.

This is how it's done under the Old Testament. God told Moses to bring the children of Israel before Him that He "may prove them". They told Moses to tell God that they would rather do whatever God asks of them to the best of their abilities.

Paul points out that it has nothing to do with one's will or abilities, but God's mercy.

"For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy."

Yes, and when we look at Hebrews 9:15, we see that it is only under the "first testament" that sins are forgiven; not under the second. There can only be one of two reasons for why this is the case: 1. no one sins under the second testament, or 2. those who do are damned because "there remains no more sacrifice for sins."

Which one of those sounds like good news to you? I am always amazed at how many people find the latter to be the gospel, but then the flesh loves to sin so it makes perfect sense.

Heb 10:26--There is no sacrifice left for any who practice a sin. Jesus teaches the same at Matt 7:22-23- one who works iniquity( lawlessness)= a practice of a sin.
It is Grace even to those who do their very best because they still sin in small ways. They do not do these sins-1Cor 6:9-11, or Gal 5:19-21--both spots are clear, if one practices one of these sins--they will not enter Gods kingdom.

John 14:15-24--obeying Jesus is proof of ones love for him. And he taught--Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God--- he meant it. He meant everything he taught.
The only way one can do that is by studying Gods word regularly, it never ends.

Back