What is the salvific effect of the Cross?

OH RCs think they are the only one who God gave a b. rain to and those of us who are ex RCs don't have one. You are RCs because you choose to follow man, no other reason.
If you are limiting God's word to scripture, i.e. if scripture is the only source of God's word that we have then anything that is not stated in scripture is not God's word but man's word.

If that is true, then only way to truly follow God is to follow what is actually stated in scripture. What you are trying to get us to believe is not what is actually stated in scripture, hence we would be following man's word and not God's word.

If you are limiting God's word to scripture, i.e. if scripture is the only source of God's word that we have then anything that is not stated in scripture is not God's word but man's word.

If that is true, then only way to truly follow God is to follow what is actually stated in scripture. What you are trying to get us to believe is not what is actually stated in scripture, hence we would be following man's word and not God's word.
Oh please show me God's words recorded outside scripture. I will wait.

You have nothing and I am not trying to get you to believe what is not written in scripture, you just follow men and their false interpretations. You are trying to get us to believe what is not in scripture but what is in your fallible catechism.

If you are limiting God's word to scripture,
FALSE We do NOT limit God's word to the written words Scripture: God also speaks
i.e. if scripture is the only source of God's word that we have then anything that is not stated in scripture is not God's word but man's word.
FALSE it is not a requirement for Scripture to explicitly state a doctrine: we accept the implicit teachings of scripture; ie The Trinity

If that is true,
well that isn't true
therefore your next point is invalid
then only way to truly follow God is to follow what is actually stated in scripture. What you are trying to get us to believe is not what is actually stated in scripture, hence we would be following man's word and not God's word.

We reject your claim that God's impicit teaching are man's words

Last edited:
Oh please show me God's words recorded outside scripture. I will wait.

You have nothing and I am not trying to get you to believe what is not written in scripture, you just follow men and their false interpretations. You are trying to get us to believe what is not in scripture but what is in your fallible catechism.
Your "catechism", the words of men, says:

- we are saved by faith alone and not by works

- we are imputed with the righteousness of Christ

- the bread and wine are not the body and blood of Christ

You are trying to believe what is not in scripture but what is in your fallible catechism. Why should we follow your fallible catechism?

You are trying to believe what is not in scripture but what is in your fallible catechism. Why should we follow your fallible catechism?
So you are complaining about the scriptures, as it is my catechism. The scriptures are clear.

Eph 2:8+

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

It is clear we are not saved by works.

No one says that scripture does not say body and blood but it is symbolic, even a child understands symbolic. Going by your logic Peter is satan that is what scripture says.

We are imputed with righteousness, you agreed to that fact. The only one righteous is God. Jesus is God, so once again your catechism is wrong or is it your interpretation of your catechism that is the problem.

You are the one believing what is not in scripture. Have to rush.

Exactly. Which means all those extrabiblical doctrines your church teaches are NOT God's words, but man's! And therefore, false!
If that is true, then only way to truly follow God is to follow what is actually stated in scripture.

Right!
What you are trying to geet us to believe is not what is actually stated in scripture, hence we would be following man's word and not God's word.
No, we are proclaiming to you all God's word, the Bible.

Paul wrote that--are those the words of men?

God gives us HIS righteousness through faith in Jesus Christ. Paul also writes that--are those also the words of men?

They are, but they also remain bread and wine.
You are trying to believe what is not in scripture but what is in your fallible catechism.

No, everything I wrote is from the Bible.
Why should we follow your fallible catechism?
The Bible is a "fallible catechism"? Since when? You must mean the CCC. :)

So you are complaining about the scriptures, as it is my catechism. The scriptures are clear.

Eph 2:8+

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

It is clear we are not saved by works.

No one says that scripture does not say body and blood but it is symbolic, even a child understands symbolic. Going by your logic Peter is satan that is what scripture says.

We are imputed with righteousness, you agreed to that fact. The only one righteous is God. Jesus is God, so once again your catechism is wrong or is it your interpretation of your catechism that is the problem.

You are the one believing what is not in scripture. Have to rush.
We believe what scripture says, we don't believe your interpretation of scripture. Those doctrines that I posted are your interpretation of and not the words of scripture.

FALSE We do NOT limit God's word to the written words Scripture: God also speaks

So us those words of God that are not written in scripture.

FALSE it is not a requirement for Scripture to explicitly state a doctrine: we accept the implicit teachings of scripture; ie The Trinity

When those implicit teachings are not the same for Christians, then what?

well that isn't true
therefore your next point is invalid

We reject your claim that God's impicit teaching are man's words

Are you saying that God's implicit teachings are his words?

We believe what scripture says, we don't believe your interpretation of scripture. Those doctrines that I posted are your interpretation of and not the words of scripture.
No you believe your flawed logic interpretation of scripture, so you don't believe what scriptures says at all. You gave us no scripture at all. I supported my beliefs with scripture something you have failed to do over and over and over again. Again just your flawed logic, the way you use scripture has Peter as Satan, Herod as fox and so on..

Catholics,
In regards to propitiation, the New Covent going into effect: and our sins being paid,
what took place on the Cross that did not take place at the Last Supper?
it was a bloody offering that took place on the cross.
it was an unbloody offering that took place at the last supper.

Back