What The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints possess which others don't.

How many times are you going to repeat the same old, same old? I have already dealt with everything you wrote on here. Repeating yourself won't change that.

Your church boasts of living prophets and apostles, but they are FALSE prophets and FALSE apostles.

Your same old, tired accusations will be met with the same challenge you refuse to face:

"That's no different than the accusation traditional Jews make against the NT scripture--to this very day.

First, Bonnie--to make a claim to heavenly visitations--you have to show when and where those experiences have happened. That's essential to actually having those experiences.

You, and the critics here--- can't. You haven't any. Your churches are empty of those heavenly experiences, which the Lord's church never was.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the Biblical text are replete with those heavenly experiences, with a canonized scripture as a testimony.

That you, or anyone else--can point your finger and accuse--is no different than what the traditional Jews of the NT were doing with the living, mortal apostles of the Biblical NT history."

Own it.

Your same old, tired accusations will be met with the same challenge you refuse to face:

"That's no different than the accusation traditional Jews make against the NT scripture--to this very day.

The traditional Jews reject the true Gospel and the true Messiah, which grieved even Paul. But we Christians reject the Mormon "gospel", which is "another Gospel" and Paul condemned that, and he said those that accept another gospel--as Mormons do--are "anathema"--cursed by God.

The traditional Jews reject the truth about Jesus. We Christians reject the lies of your church and its false Christ and false gospel, which is VERY different.

Own it.

Last edited:
I was wondering--what churches, other than The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--have the living, mortal apostles and prophets--with the manifestations of heavenly beings, and canonized scripture which records those events, IE--

D&C 110
1 The veil was taken from our minds, and the eyes of our understanding were opened.
2 We saw the Lord standing upon the breastwork of the pulpit, before us; and under his feet was a paved work of pure gold, in color like amber.
3 His eyes were as a flame of fire; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying:
4 I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father.
5 Behold, your sins are forgiven you; you are clean before me; therefore, lift up your heads and rejoice.
6 Let the hearts of your brethren rejoice, and let the hearts of all my people rejoice, who have, with their might, built this house to my name.
7 For behold, I have accepted this house, and my name shall be here; and I will manifest myself to my people in mercy in this house.
8 Yea, I will appear unto my servants, and speak unto them with mine own voice, if my people will keep my commandments, and do not pollute this holy house.
9 Yea the hearts of thousands and tens of thousands shall greatly rejoice in consequence of the blessings which shall be poured out, and the endowment with which my servants have been endowed in this house.
10 And the fame of this house shall spread to foreign lands; and this is the beginning of the blessing which shall be poured out upon the heads of my people. Even so. Amen.
11 After this vision closed, the heavens were again opened unto us; and Moses appeared before us, and committed unto us the keys of the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth, and the leading of the ten tribes from the land of the north.
I know a Mormon who believes the Lost Tribes are living in the North Pole
12 After this, Elias appeared, and committed the dispensation of the gospel of Abraham, saying that in us and our seed all generations after us should be blessed.
13 After this vision had closed, another great and glorious vision burst upon us; for Elijah the prophet, who was taken to heaven without tasting death, stood before us, and said:
14 Behold, the time has fully come, which was spoken of by the mouth of Malachi testifying that he [Elijah] should be sent, before the great and dreadful day of the Lord come
15 To turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the children to the fathers, lest the whole earth be smitten with a curse
16 Therefore, the keys of this dispensation are committed into your hands; and by this ye may know that the great and dreadful day of the Lord is near, even at the doors.
:)Elias is the Greek name, and Elijah is the Hebrew name but Joseph Smith did know that:)

The traditional Jews reject the true Gospel and the true Messiah, which grieved even Paul. But we Christians reject the Mormon "gospel", which is "another Gospel" and Paul condemned that, and he said those that accept another gospel--as Mormons do--are "anathema"--cursed by God.

I'm still waiting on your scriptures which you find in the Biblical NT text--which isn't found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as far as salvational doctrines go.

It's been the sound of crickets, as to date.

Until then--you can't fill the void your church has in the absence of heavenly revelations, canonized scriptures of those experiences, the living, mortal apostles and prophets, the temple, etc--with your criticisms of the church which does.

That dog just ain't gonna hunt, Bonnie. Your church is empty of those heavenly things the Lord's church has always enjoyed. It's a man made church which carries a man's name.

Acts 16:4-5---King James Version
4 And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.
5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.

I'm still waiting on your scriptures which you find in the Biblical NT text--which isn't found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as far as salvational doctrines go.

It's been the sound of crickets, as to date.

Until then--you can't fill the void your church has in the absence of heavenly revelations, canonized scriptures of those experiences, the living, mortal apostles and prophets, the temple, etc--with your criticisms of the church which does.

That dog just ain't gonna hunt, Bonnie. Your church is empty of those heavenly things the Lord's church has always enjoyed. It's a man made church which carries a man's name.

Acts 16:4-5---King James Version
4 And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.
5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
Mormons don't follow this verse

Jude 1:6 An elder must live a blameless life. He must be faithful to his wife, and his children must be believers who don’t have a reputation for being wild or rebellious.

mark asked:--"DB, did you read a thing I wrote? Where did you answer my questions?"

dberrie said--Here:

D&C 110
1 The veil was taken from our minds, and the eyes of our understanding were opened.
2 We saw the Lord standing upon the breastwork of the pulpit, before us; and under his feet was a paved work of pure gold, in color like amber.
3 His eyes were as a flame of fire; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying:
4 I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father.
5 Behold, your sins are forgiven you; you are clean before me; therefore, lift up your heads and rejoice.
6 Let the hearts of your brethren rejoice, and let the hearts of all my people rejoice, who have, with their might, built this house to my name.
7 For behold, I have accepted this house, and my name shall be here; and I will manifest myself to my people in mercy in this house.
8 Yea, I will appear unto my servants, and speak unto them with mine own voice, if my people will keep my commandments, and do not pollute this holy house.
9 Yea the hearts of thousands and tens of thousands shall greatly rejoice in consequence of the blessings which shall be poured out, and the endowment with which my servants have been endowed in this house.
10 And the fame of this house shall spread to foreign lands; and this is the beginning of the blessing which shall be poured out upon the heads of my people. Even so. Amen.
11 After this vision closed, the heavens were again opened unto us; and Moses appeared before us, and committed unto us the keys of the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth, and the leading of the ten tribes from the land of the north.
12 After this, Elias appeared, and committed the dispensation of the gospel of Abraham, saying that in us and our seed all generations after us should be blessed.
13 After this vision had closed, another great and glorious vision burst upon us; for Elijah the prophet, who was taken to heaven without tasting death, stood before us, and said:
14 Behold, the time has fully come, which was spoken of by the mouth of Malachitestifying that he [Elijah] should be sent, before the great and dreadful day of the Lord come
15 To turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the children to the fathers, lest the whole earth be smitten with a curse
16 Therefore, the keys of this dispensation are committed into your hands; and by this ye may know that the great and dreadful day of the Lord is near, even at the doors.

I believe that's possible--the canonized scriptures testify that has occurred before, on a number of occasions.

But you can't. Your church has no such evidence.

Never heard of any of those people.

But you are right--you can't show us the first living, mortal apostle, or any heavenly revelation or heavenly beings, or canonized scripture which testifies to those experiences. It's absent in your church--but very integral to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the Biblical NT church.
LOL. for the most part the people you said you never heard of are claiming the same things you are claiming as some sort of proof text? They, except for David Alexander, all claim to have the some sort or prooftext to be the true church. They show mortal apostles, heavenly revelations, and to even see Jesus and God. Which, show you are in a bubble.

Why are you correct and they are wrong?

Last edited:
Lol. Come back in 2000 years and tell his house sturdy it is.
LOL, our house isn't Jesus Christ, God in the flesh! LOL!

I was simply using an analogy. Is that lost on you? But Jesus said in Matthew that the gates of hell would NOT prevail against His church--but according to your false prophet founder, it DID--for over 1700 years. So, whom should we believe? Smith who showed by his bad fruits to be a false prophet--or Jesus Christ?

But the church is built on the TRUE prophets and TRUE apostles of the Bible, with Jesus being the cornerstone. These prophets and apostles are in heaven, but they wrote the Scriptures under inspiration of the HS, and Jesus says that God's word will never die. And Hebrews says this about the word of God, ch. 4--

"2 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

Those prophets and apostles have gone on to their eternal reward, but the words they penned still remain. And of course, so does Jesus Christ! But Paul has made it clear that NO ONE can lay another foundation of the church, other than the one already laid--Jesus Christ. 1 Cor. 3--"11 For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."

Already LAID. Past tense. Done deal. Therefore the true church is NOT laid upon your johnny-come-lately "prophets" and "apostles" but has already been laid. A done deal.

LOL. for the most part the people you said you never heard of are claiming the same things you are claiming as some sort of proof text?

How are you claiming that effects the fact both the NT church--and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have the living, mortal apostles and prophets, the heavenly revelations of heavenly beings, and the canonized scripture which records it?

Or that the critic's churches are empty of those things, as a whole?

How are you claiming that effects the fact both the NT church--and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have the living, mortal apostles and prophets, the heavenly revelations of heavenly beings, and the canonized scripture which records it?

Read what I am telling you is the how?

Your church is just another in a long line of men pretending to have some special authority and when pressed to defend and prove that they do....you can't. Your so-called prophets, 15 of them don't even teach very much of past teaching let alone new teachings. Where are you magnifications and what do your prophets, seers, and revelators, well prophesize, see, and revelate? Nelson's greatest revelation was saying you can't be a Mormon and his pretending to put a rock in a hat and hold it to his face.

Where I fellowship with other Christians my pastor/s are just men who are inspired to teach and minister to believers who are in Christs Church, noy my church.

Honestly for me, one of the clearest reasons your argument is hollow, is that you can't defend your assertions, only cut the same things over and over.

Carry on, an the next time you are at church look at the empty faces at sacrament looking at their phones and ask yourself where these magnifications and prophetic teachings are?

Read what I am telling you is the how?

Your church is just another in a long line of men pretending to have some special authority and when pressed to defend and prove that they do....you can't. Your so-called prophets, 15 of them don't even teach very much of past teaching let alone new teachings. Where are you magnifications and what do your prophets, seers, and revelators, well prophesize, see, and revelate? Nelson's greatest revelation was saying you can't be a Mormon and his pretending to put a rock in a hat and hold it to his face.

Where I fellowship with other Christians my pastor/s are just men who are inspired to teach and minister to believers who are in Christs Church, noy my church.

Honestly for me, one of the clearest reasons your argument is hollow, is that you can't defend your assertions, only cut the same things over and over.

Carry on, an the next time you are at church look at the empty faces at sacrament looking at their phones and ask yourself where these magnifications and prophetic teachings are?
Oh, you noticed the bolded part on here, eh? Over and over again...see my debate tactics 3-5 in my signature.

Didn't Dallin Oaks tell us that none of the leaders ship has ever had a visitation of God

Already LAID. Past tense. Done deal.

You aren't going to be able to float that boat--if there were additional apostles past the original twelve.

Bonnie--there were additional apostles past the twelve--and until the end of the NT record.

Acts 14:14---King James Version
14 Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out

It's a done deal in your church--because it has never had the first living, mortal apostle, not one visitation of a heavenly being, not one temple, nor any canonized scripture to record those events,-- as the NT church, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have.

Markk said--"Your church is just another in a long line of men pretending to have some special authority and when pressed to defend and prove that they do....you can't"

Again--this is just another taint do!!! denial which differs nothing in what the traditional Jews were making against the NT apostles.

The NT church--and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ---have the living, mortal apostles and prophets--the canonized scripture recording the heavenly events which have transpired in their church, the temple, the priesthood, etc.--which differentiates His church from all others.

Markk--your church hasn't the first hint of any of those things, yet you are among those who point their finger and accuse the very church who does.

Go read the NT account--you will find your same argument among those who persecuted the NT church--and killed the apostles.

Markk said--"Your church is just another in a long line of men pretending to have some special authority and when pressed to defend and prove that they do....you can't"

Again--this is just another taint do!!! denial which differs nothing in what the traditional Jews were making against the NT apostles.

The NT church--and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ---have the living, mortal apostles and prophets--the canonized scripture recording the heavenly events which have transpired in their church, the temple, the priesthood, etc.--which differentiates His church from all others.

Markk--your church hasn't the first hint of any of those things, yet you are among those who point their finger and accuse the very church who does.

Go read the NT account--you will find your same argument among those who persecuted the NT church--and killed the apostles.
Your argument here is again Hollow. I have named a score or so of people and "churches" that have claimed everything you claim the LDS church has, and have asked you to show me where the LDS church, the Brighamites, have manifested the things that discussed in DC 110 and other documents of the early Joseph Smith church that asserts that they had heavenly visitations.

So again....show me where the Salt City or "Brighamite" sect, demonstrate, and have these things you claim are a sign of a true church? When is the last time you have talked in a strange tongue or interpreted tongues? When is the last time sister Nelson stood up at conference and sang in tongues like one of Joseph wives did in the Kirtland Temple?

I can take you to plenty of Pentecostal churches that speak tongues and sing tongues in services,, like this....

In all my years as a Mormon I never witnessed this, have you?

In regard to Living prophets and Apostles....that is just nonsense. All 15 men you speak of don't prophesize. The only revelation or close to a revelation I have heard from Nelson is don't call your self a Mormon...

DB you are claiming something you have zero evidence of and can't demonstrate or prove what you are saying applies to your church. I'll leave you with this.
This is what is explained in section 110....and what you claim is required for a true church, emphatically I disagree, but I am open and waiting for you to show that the Brighamite sect of Mormonism demonstrates what you assert they practice.

You aren't going to be able to float that boat--if there were additional apostles past the original twelve.

I've had to point out the severe lack of education in Mormons communities, many times in the past. And it seems like you're going out of your way to give us more examples.

Chill, dude! It's not a contest!
You don't "win" by showing everyone the greatest number of examples of Mormon ignorance. In fact, you "lose".

Bonnie--there were additional apostles past the twelve--and until the end of the NT record.

Okay, so let me "edumacate" you, okay?

The English word, "apostle" is simply a transliteration of the Greek word, "αποστολος" (apostolos"). And the term comes from the Greek word, "apostello" (cf. Heb. 1:14, Rev. 5:6), which means, "to send", or "to send out", or "to send (away) from".

So the noun cognate, "apostellos" simply menas, "sent-out one", or "one who is sent out.

Or in ohter words, what we call "missionaires" today.

And the (true) Christian church has had missionaries ("apostles") for 2000 years. And unlike the false Mormon church, true Christian apostles/missionaries go out and proclaim the gospel out of love for God, not out of some sort of "obligation" or "coming of age" ritual.

Now, Christ selected

Acts 14:14---King James Version
14 Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out

It's a done deal in your church--because it has never had the first living, mortal apostle, not one visitation of a heavenly being, not one temple, nor any canonized scripture to record those events,-- as the NT church, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have.

Back