When He comes…

I agree. ?
But we deny ourselves because we become more aware of ourselves (sin) and our dependence on Christ. Do you agree?
This is also the work of the Spirit.

I see your point.
Where do you think we are failing to connect here exactly?
If there a particular point?
I don’t want to misunderstand you.
I'm saying we have a responsibility to obey and follow Christ and there is a cost involved. By us submitting to Him as Lord then He will work in us and through us via the Holy Spirit and we will bear fruit- the fruit of the Spirit will become evident in our life and be controlled by the Spirit of God and not the flesh. That is what it means to abide in Christ. I must decrease, He must increase. When I am weak then He is strong. When we die to self, He lives in us and it is evident.

Romans 12:1-2 comes to mind

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

I'm saying we have a responsibility to obey and follow Christ and there is a cost involved. By us submitting to Him as Lord then He will work in us and through us via the Holy Spirit and we will bear fruit- the fruit of the Spirit will become evident in our live and be controlled by the Spirit of God and not the flesh.
Brother, I cannot deny what you said here.
We do have are part to submit and obey. And I believe the true believer will do so.
And again, that is the results of the Spirit’s work.
Do you agree?

Brother, I cannot deny what you said here.
We do have are part to submit and obey. And I believe the true believer will do so.
And again, that is the results of the Spirit’s work.
Do you agree?
100 %

And this is why its good to keep discussing things to flush this stuff out. Sometimes in this medium its easy to misunderstand the other person and it takes a few exchanges. We are on the same page !

The parable of the sower is a picture of realty that has existed throughout the history of the Gospel.

What did Paul say he did.....and what did Apollos do?

1Co 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
1Co 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Good ground is where the ground is cultivated, the ground is prepared, where the seed is planted and where the seed is watered.

None of this Glorifies man because it is nothing without God first designing it properly and executing that design to fulfill His will.

Yet, you can not ignore the influence of Cain's seed in the this life. It is why faithful men must pass on their beliefs. It is why you see faithful families throughout history.

Seed sown among rocks do not always grow properly, However, every once in a while, you'll see a beautiful plant flourishing in very shallow dirt in an area you never dreamed it was possible for it to grow.

The GROUND (mankind) isn't the issue. The issues is the circumstances and the choices of men throughout history. Where you find generational unbelief, you will find a very difficult task in growing seed. It isn't impossible.

Your theology treats the ground differently. You believe there are different types of mankind on this planet. The elect and the damned. The Goats and the sheep.

The issue isn't with the ground itself. Man is all the same. Your theology promotes sinful men in God's choice. My theology promotes Jesus Christ alone.
Thanks for sharing. I see where we disagree and I won’t keep hitting you there.
I see you have put together some points that seem strong to you.
Let’s just agree to disagree in charity

Who runs this race in the Christian life ? you or God

Who obeys God/Jesus/Apostles commands ? you or God

Who sins ? you or God

Who believes ? you or God

I provided plenty of Scriptures from Jesus and the Apostles with the PERSONAL PRONOUNS for the believers requiring obedience.

Do you deny your own personal responsibility to obey Christ ?

next.......
Your questions to Carbon are non sequiturs.

If you do not willingly submit to Christ there cannot be any fruit produced . That only comes after denying oneself and following Him.

What does pruning mean to you in the teaching of Jesus in John 15 and abiding in the vine ?
Cloth ears ^

Who runs this race in the Christian life ? you or God

Who obeys God/Jesus/Apostles commands ? you or God

Who sins ? you or God

Who believes ? you or God

I provided plenty of Scriptures from Jesus and the Apostles with the PERSONAL PRONOUNS for the believers requiring obedience.

Do you deny your own personal responsibility to obey Christ ?

next.......
Interesting

In light of how some confound faith and salvation

Fallacious questions are not meat; they are fallacious questions. ?
What is fallacious about those questions?

What is fallacious about those questions?

?

Back