Who killed Jesus ?

the story is in the book of Jasher ch. 22 (it's not Scripture)

I'd affirm God knows the End from the Beginning
but the Son doesn't seem to know everything the Father knows (?)
The Son, in his humanity, had limited knowledge; but he is God and man; and, in his Godhood he is always omniscient (two natures).

The Son, in his humanity, had limited knowledge; but he is God and man; and, in his Godhood he is always omniscient (two natures).
I'm trying to respect the Mod
just will say
even now, Jesus/God the Son doesn't know when He is going to fetch His Bride to be, so He doesn't know Everything
does He?

Last edited:
I'm trying to respect the Mod
just will say
even now, Jesus/God the Son doesn't know when He is going to fetch His Bride to be, so He doesn't know Everything
does He?
Please show where Scripture says that the second Person of the Trinity does not know when He is going to fetch His bride, thanks.

Please show where Scripture says that the second Person of the Trinity does not know when He is going to fetch His bride, thanks.
"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only."
??

a Son fetches His bride to be when Dad says He can bring her Home

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only."
??

Sons fetch their bride to be when Dad says they can bring them Home
I thought that was the Scripture to which you alluded. Two points:

1) As I posted, that was said by Jesus re. his human nature (remember that he willingly did not use all his abilities as God, when he was on the Earth).

2) That was pre-resurrection and ascension, so it does not refer to the situation that pertains now.

1) As I posted, that was said by Jesus re. his human nature (remember that he willingly did not use all his abilities as God, when he was on the Earth).

2) That was pre-resurrection and ascension, so it does not refer to the situation that pertains now.
A reasonable response. Imo.

did a Jewish wedding scheme change for a Jewish man and His bride to be?

it's at the Wedding we become a part of God's Family
until then we have only been given the right to become children of God

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:" John 1
a bride becomes a part of the family of the Person they marry

Last edited:
did a Jewish wedding scheme change for a Jewish man and His bride to be?

it's at the Wedding we become a part of God's Family
until then we have only been given the right to become children of God

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:" John 1
a bride becomes a part of the family, tribe, people of the Person they marry
Now and not yet...

We are already adopted into God's family, in our spirit; but, the fulness of this adoption is not realised until the resurrection, when our bodies will be made suitable also.

Now and not yet...
and we are Saved, being Saved, will be Saved - now and not yet
We are already adopted into God's family, in our spirit; but, the fulness of this adoption is not realised until the resurrection, when our bodies will be made suitable also.
it's a part of our inheritance in Him, rooted in His inheritance as Son - a Faithful Son
(Mankind was an unfaithful younger son, like in the parable of the prodigal son)

Last edited:
and we are Saved, being Saved, will be Saved - now and not yet

it's a part of our inheritance in Him, rooted in His inheritance as Son - a Faithful Son
(Mankind was an unfaithful younger son, like in the parable of the prodigal son)
Hmm...

The prodigal son is an illustration of those who repent and return to the Father, and that's without going into the relevance of the older brother.

The prodigal son is an illustration of those who repent and return to the Father, and that's without going into the relevance of the older brother.
the older brother could be the Heavenly sons of God (ie. "angels") who were created before us Job 38:7
IMO

yes, the Father rejoices when we return to Him
our older brother(s) can get butthurt about things concerning Us at times

Last edited:
the older brother could be the Heavenly sons of God (ie. "angels") who were created before us
IMO

yes, the Father rejoices when we return to Him
our older brother(s) can get butthurt about things concerning Us at times
Oh boy!

The older brother is a Christian malcontent, who complains at one who repents, rather than rejoicing, as he should.

Oh boy!

The older brother is a Christian malcontent, who complains at one who repents, rather than rejoicing, as he should.
some of our older brothers are rebels
some once envied our being able to marry and reproduce Genesis 6
they have no chance of redemption or returning to the good graces of the Father as we, the younger sibling(s), do
this is off topic/OP :cautious:

some of our older brothers are rebels
at times some envied our being able to marry and reproduce Genesis 6
they have no chance of redemption or returning to the good graces of the Father as we, the younger sibling(s), do
this is off topic/OP :cautious:
Angels are not our older brothers. They are certainly not intended, in the parable of the Prodigal Son.

Angels are not our older brothers.
as Father, God has a Family
and did so before Mankind were created
we are not the center of Creation - He is
it was not made for Us, it's all by Him and for Him

God the Son has created companions
they rule over realms of His creation and answer to Him
"principalities, powers, etc" "Michael the great prince" etc.

Adam is an Earthly son of God Luke 3
Earth is the dominion he and his ancestral decedents were given rule of
Satan and his fellow rebel/fallen Heavenly sons only have dominions on Earth that We give up to them
(like Esau, who had to give up his birthright before Jacob could usurp it)

Last edited:
Back