Why Does The Provisionist God Need To Look ? Down The Corridors Of Time To Make His Judgments?

Depends on what you mean by receive. You claimed the Bible defined receive, an English word. Where?
You are diverting as usual.

If you believe there is a verse which contrary to scripture states unbelievers receive theSspirit, post it.

Otherwise, you are simply game playing.

As I said, I have not seen it. Certainly not from the cut and paster.

By the way why don't you cut and paste me where the Bible defines the English word recieve.

As I said, I have not seen it. Certainly not from the cut and paster.

By the way why don't you cut and paste me where the Bible defines the English word recieve.
Again you offer only denial

I have a better one for you

Every instance the word receive appears with the Spirit

John 7:39 (KJV 1900) — 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
John 14:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Acts 7:59 (KJV 1900) — 59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
2 Corinthians 11:4 (KJV 1900) — 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
Galatians 3:14 (KJV 1900) — 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

or with the Holy Ghost

John 7:39 (KJV 1900) — 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
John 20:22 (KJV 1900) — 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Acts 1:8 (KJV 1900) — 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Acts 2:38 (KJV 1900) — 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 8:15 (KJV 1900) — 15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
Acts 8:19 (KJV 1900) — 19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
Acts 9:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

continued in pt2

continued in pt2
and the lexical definition of Lambano

2983 λαμβάνω [lambano /lam·ban·o/] v. A prolonged form of a primary verb, which is use only as an alternate in certain tenses; TDNT 4:5; TDNTA 495; GK 3284; 263 occurrences; AV translates as “receive” 133 times, “take” 106 times, “have” three times, “catch” three times, not translated once, and translated miscellaneously 17 times. 1 to take. 1A to take with the hand, lay hold of, any person or thing in order to use it. 1A1 to take up a thing to be carried. 1A2 to take upon one’s self. 1B to take in order to carry away. 1B1 without the notion of violence, i,e to remove, take away. 1C to take what is one’s own, to take to one’s self, to make one’s own. 1C1 to claim, procure, for one’s self. 1C1A to associate with one’s self as companion, attendant. 1C2 of that which when taken is not let go, to seize, to lay hold of, apprehend. 1C3 to take by craft (our catch, used of hunters, fisherman, etc.), to circumvent one by fraud. 1C4 to take to one’s self, lay hold upon, take possession of, i.e. to appropriate to one’s self. 1C5 catch at, reach after, strive to obtain. 1C6 to take a thing due, to collect, gather (tribute). 1D to take. 1D1 to admit, receive. 1D2 to receive what is offered. 1D3 not to refuse or reject. 1D4 to receive a person, give him access to one’s self,. 1D41 to regard any one’s power, rank, external circumstances, and on that account to do some injustice or neglect something. 1E to take, to choose, select. 1F to take beginning, to prove anything, to make a trial of, to experience. 2 to receive (what is given), to gain, get, obtain, to get back. Additional Information: For synonyms see entry 1209, dechomai.See entry 5877 for comparison of synonyms

James Strong, Enhanced Strong’s Lexicon (Woodside Bible Fellowship, 1995).

Now show me where you find a verse which supports your unbiblical idea, unbelievers may receive the Spirit.

Again you offer only denial

I have a better one for you

Every instance the word receive appears with the Spirit

John 14:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Acts 7:59 (KJV 1900) — 59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
2 Corinthians 11:4 (KJV 1900) — 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
Galatians 3:14 (KJV 1900) — 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

or with the Holy Ghost

John 20:22 (KJV 1900) — 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Acts 1:8 (KJV 1900) — 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Acts 2:38 (KJV 1900) — 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 8:15 (KJV 1900) — 15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
Acts 8:19 (KJV 1900) — 19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
Acts 9:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

continued in pt2
Here would be something even better. What do you mean by receive and where does the Bible define the English word receive?

Here would be something even better. What do you mean by receive and where does the Bible define the English word receive?
Still dodging.

You were given every verse which uses the word as well as the lexical definition of the Greek word behind it, and still you dodge.

Still dodging.

You were given every verse which uses the word as well as the lexical definition of the Greek word behind it, and still you dodge.
Tom refuses to define his terms and continues to make stupid claims having never learned his lesson. He claimed the Bible defines the English word receive and so I will continue to ask WHERE?

Tom refuses to define his terms and continues to make stupid claims having never learned his lesson. He claimed the Bible defines the English word receive and so I will continue to ask WHERE?
RG fabricates as the word was defined, lexically

You were asked to post a verse which you believe supports your claim.

You failed to do so.

RG fabricates as the word was defined, lexically

You were asked to post a verse which you believe supports your claim.

You failed to do so.
Umm..I made no claim sir. And your dodging and diverting as usual.

So where does the Bible define the English word "recieve"?

Where does the Bible define the English word recieve? We're listening
Why can't you produce a verse which you believe teaches unbelievers receive the spirit?

You were given the Greek lexical definition of the word translated receive, so where is your verse?

Why can't you produce a verse which you believe teaches unbelievers receive the spirit?

You were given the Greek lexical definition of the word translated receive, so where is your verse?

Depends on what you mean by recieve. What do you mean?

You said the Bible defined it. Poor effort at deception. So where in the Bible is the word "recieve" defined?

Depends on what you mean by recieve. What do you mean?

You said the Bible defined it. Poor effort at deception. So where in the Bible is the word "recieve" defined?
The issue is what you think it means.

Post a verse you think teaches unbelievers receive the spirit.

This verse denies it

John 14:16–17 (KJV 1900) — 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The issue is what you think it means.

Post a verse you think teaches unbelievers receive the spirit.

This verse denies it

John 14:16–17 (KJV 1900) — 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
What do you mean by "recieve"? Tom is now attempting "shifting the burden of proof."

It's your burden to prove your claim.

Post a verse you imagine teaches unbelievers receive the Spirit,

and stop the constant diversions.
What do you mean by recieve? Simple question. Even for you.

Does recieve necessarily mean indwelling? Especially given John 14:17

Back