Why Jews will never accept Jesus

That was only because Paul was a Jew under condemnation by the Jews and they wanted to kill him. It was just an act to appease the Jews at that time. Sacrifices for the remission of sin were made obsolete by the New Covenant. That's why the temple was destroyed showing that God was putting an end to that system. It was only allowed to remain in operation for forty years in order to give the Jews in Jerusalem an opportunity to hear the gospel before the city was destroyed.
Paul doesn't strike me as the sort of person that does something he doesn't believe in just because of pressure. He went to participate in that sin offering quite willingly.

They added laws. They were not supposed to be written down. Deuteronomy is referring to spontaneous judgments for the current situations. The Rabbi's in Jesus day had changed Moses law in many places and Jesus rebuked them for it.
Okay, you admit Jesus was teaching God's word. Then why don't you follow what He said?
Jesus claimed to be the messiah, but he didn't fulfill the prophecies for that. Thus, he is really not worth following, is he?

Why don't you read James' epistle and find out what he was really teaching. The believers did not continue to make sacrifices.
Jewjitzu is correct about James. Not only did James teach Jewish believers to continue keeping the 613 laws, but he DIRECTS Paul to participate in the sin offering.

Paul doesn't strike me as the sort of person that does something he doesn't believe in just because of pressure. He went to participate in that sin offering quite willingly.
He did because early on in his apostasy, he was struggling to make a break, and was trying to rip control of the church from James.

He was caught red-handed and obliged. James Tabor speaks about the person Paul was. So does Hyyam Maccoby, who I strongly love for a Jewish perspective.

Offerings you can't perform today can you?
Yep, because sacrifices are contingent on a temple. That's why Hosea 14:2 specified that prayers would replace sacrifices during these times. That's why Daniel prayed during the regular times the offerings would be made in Jerusalem because he couldn't either. And he was highly esteemed by God.

Solomon spoke about this too in 1 Kings 8.

Paul did it to show them that it meant nothing. Paul had hoped it would endear them to the Christian faith. It didn't.
Paul did it because he was reprimanded by James.

Act 7:51 “You stiff-necked people, uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit. As your fathers did, so do you.
Act 7:52 Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whom you have now betrayed and murdered,
Act 7:53 you who received the law as delivered by angels and did not keep it.”
This is funny, considering that Paul who either murdered or help murder Jews, and Stephen who was an idolater.

Last edited:
Jewjitzu is correct about James. Not only did James teach Jewish believers to continue keeping the 613 laws, but he DIRECTS Paul to participate in the sin offering.
Jews were perfectly free to keep the laws, as long as they understood they were not required for salvation, that is completed for them by Jesus' sacrifice. That's why I asked you once, why you felt you had to leave Jesus in order to keep the laws.

He would have consider it important to maintain relationships with the people he was trying to reach for Jesus.

Actually they did. When you read Acts 21, there were some Nazarite believers in Jesus who were ending the time of their vows. This required a SACRIFICE. Paul went into the with them, to help them and participate in that sacrifice.
A formality. They knew their salvation was accomplished in Jesus and the sacrifices were just a ritual at that point.

Last edited:
They certainly ARE evidence, and the fact that you don't even bother to address them is pretty telling.

And of course the People of Israel, aka the Jewish people, is God's people.
If you don't accept the New Covenant as God says, He will not consider you His people until you do. His words not mine.

Of course he does, silly rabbit.

23Moreover, the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah: 24“Have you not noticed what these people are saying: ‘The LORD has rejected the two families He had chosen’? So they despise My people and no longer regard them as a nation. 25This is what the LORD says: If I have not established My covenant with the day and the night and the fixed order of heaven and earth, 26then I would also reject the descendants of Jacob and of My servant David, so as not to take from his descendants rulers over the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. For I will restore them from captivityg and will have compassion on them.”
He restores them through the New Covenant, that He promised to give them when they were restored after the captivity.
I'm supposed to be ignoring you.

Judgements were made with authority. They sat in God's place for judgements, Exodus 21:6;22:8-9.

Jesus judged an adultery case without the court and added requirements for stoning.
Judgments were made according to individual cases and were not to be added to the written law of Moses.

Jesus was asked what they should do with the woman caught in adultery so they could trap Him and accuse Him of breaking Moses' law which required death by stoning in that situation. Jesus said God gave Him His words, so God answered through Him with a reply that they could not use against him, but would cause them to evaluate their own sinfulness. Do you believe that people who commit adultery should be stoned to death as they still do in Muslim countries?

Jews were perfectly free to keep the laws, as long as they understood they were not required for salvation, that is completed for them by Jesus' sacrifice. That's why I asked you once, why you felt you had to leave Jesus in order to keep the laws.
Biblican, what Christians call "salvation," aka the saving of us from our sins, simply doesn't exist in Judaism. It's something Christians have made up. Judaism doesn't even consider the afterlife to be an important thing -- we obey God because he is God and worthy of being obeyed, not to gain heaven. Heck the Torah doesn't even mention the afterlife.

The point, Biblican, is that obedience of the Law of God is required of Jews. You get no sense of that from Paul or Christianity in general. Its more like, "do what you want, its your choice."

An uneducated response.
LOL, first, you can't possibly know that this is the case, since you don't know me in real life. Second, I have told you specifically that I have studied this in depth. Unless you want to call me a liar, you kind of have to assume that this is then true.

Judgments were made according to individual cases and were not to be added to the written law of Moses.

Jesus was asked what they should do with the woman caught in adultery so they could trap Him and accuse Him of breaking Moses' law which required death by stoning in that situation. Jesus said God gave Him His words, so God answered through Him with a reply that they could not use against him, but would cause them to evaluate their own sinfulness. Do you believe that people who commit adultery should be stoned to death as they still do in Muslim countries?
Where did Jesus say God gave him the words in this case? He didn't.

It's case precedence established based on application of the law. Jesus changed the law by requiring sinless witnesses.

False, Jesus did not say God gave him the words.

He restores them through the New Covenant, that He promised to give them when they were restored after the captivity.
I'm supposed to be ignoring you.
And the new covenant is merely the same law written on the hearts and minds. It makes a bigger impact than being written on stone.

Back