You Might Be A Determinist If…

Sure your god caused sin via all things come to psss By his sovereign will therefore is culpable.

If you pay attention, I have repeatedly said that God didn't create sin. You're not paying attention.

God is not culpable in sin. The only "sense" of culpability that God has in sin is the fact that God's creation is not impeccable. That is His right in creation. Not mine. Not your right. We have no power over God to say "why have you made me such".

If you pay attention, I have repeatedly said that God didn't create sin. You're not paying attention.

So if God is not the cause of sin, was He the cause of the cause of sin?

God is not culpable in sin. The only "sense" of culpability that God has in sin is the fact that God's creation is not impeccable. That is His right in creation. Not mine. Not your right. We have no power over God to say "why have you made me such".

Did God by His will ordain all that comes to pass?

Only a Determinist would need to change something about, or add something to, the original OP scenario in order to bring about a different result.

Were talking about Ice cream....

Now, if you want to translate it to spirituality...salvation...being directed by a God on a level much higher than where we operate and perceive things...then, well...

I was wondering, if God is the God of love...as well as justice, then how could God demonstrate justice if man could not sin?

If man could not sin, and only did what God wants, there would be no need for judgment and justice.

As it is, man may freely choose to defy the will of God and sin.

Interestingly, in Calvinism, every man is always doing what God wants, what He ordained and predestined by His own will. So now ask your question again. Why then is He judging men when all of them, all of the time, do what He wants.

Interestingly, in Calvinism, every man is always doing what God wants, what He ordained and predestined by His own will. So now ask your question again. Why then is He judging men when all of them, all of the time, do what He wants.
Why do you only look through humanity through our 3 dimensions + time.......rejecting God ultimate dimension?

Is your God limited to our perceptions....or does your God know the beginning from the ends?

Did your God create time?
Is your God outside of time?

Why do you only look through humanity through our 3 dimensions + time.......rejecting God ultimate dimension?

So you are able to see everything beyond 3 dimensions and time?

Is your God limited to our perceptions....or does your God know the beginning from the ends?

Is this your way of insisting God is whoever/whatever you want Him to be?

Did your God create time?
Is your God outside of time?

Joe desired the rocky road (why any Joe would is beyond me lol), but Joe put himself on a diet and decided it best to have the no sugar added vanilla instead. What Joe really wanted was the rocky road, but of his own will he decided differently than what his fleshly appetite desired.

So you must change the OP by adding in a new “greatest” desire in order to change the result…

… how is this not supporting Determinism?

If I believe God knew our ice cream decision prior to creating the world....would I be considered a determinist?

The OP question has nothing to do with God or his knowledge.

Joe was walking through town and notice a sign strategically placed on the walk way. It was a sign for an ice cream shop advertising 31 different flavors. He was not even thinking about ice cream until he inadvertently saw the sign and, because of his past experiences, it caused him to think of his favorite flavor Rocky Road. He thought “I wonder if they have Rocky Road” so he entered the shop to see. As he walked in the sweet smell of waffle cones brought back past memories. He scanned over all 31 flavors and noticed that there were many flavors he had tried in the past including some he liked and some he didn’t like. While he was scanning he found that they did in fact have his favorite Rocky Road. At this moment his mouth started to water and he really wanted to eat a waffle cone full of Rocky Road. Nothing outside of Joe was holding him back from choosing any other flavor but at this moment Rocky Road was his greatest desire…

Why would Joe not choose Rocky Road?

(You might just be a Determinist if you can’t answer this question without changing or adding a deterministic reason…)

Bonus question:
Would Joe have desired Rocky Road ice cream, at that same moment, if he never saw the sign in the first place?

CCP

Bonus question:
Would Joe have desired Rocky Road ice cream, at that same moment, if he never saw the sign in the first place?

CCP
No; Joe would continue to follow the directive which he previously was on, unless another sign caught his attention...

Back