Regarding the Sacrifice of the Mass . . .

Over the last few decades, the Roman Catholic Church has changed the definition of anathema to mean something akin to "a nice warm shower"...like Purgatory. Just a finger wag and a smile!

Pretty soon, Hell will mean "a cozy warm bed."

I think it is obvious who is at the helm of trying to appeal to the world.
I calll this new RCC, RCC lite. It makes everything so much nicer.

If it is a Catholic pronouncement you should use a Catholic source, not a Protestant one.
Biblical words are defined by lexicons. I have several. I've yet to see a definition of anathema that says 'excommunicated catholic.' So instead of blowing hot air, why not show us a 'catholic' source to back up your claims. Oh ya, you don't do that. But you know how to complain.

Biblical words are defined by lexicons. I have several. I've yet to see a definition of anathema that says 'excommunicated catholic.' So instead of blowing hot air, why not show us a 'catholic' source to back up your claims. Oh ya, you don't do that. But you know how to complain.
Where does the Bible say that?
Are lexicons now the pillar and foundation of the truth?

Article 1—On excommunication11 Canon 2257 (1983 CIC 1331)

§ 1. Excommunication is a censure by which one is excluded from the communion of the faithful with the effects that are enumerated in the canons that follow and that cannot be separated. § 2. Moreover, it is called anathema especially when it is inflicted with the formalities that are described in the Roman Pontifical.

THE 1917 CODE OF CANON LAW

rc's need to read posts slower and perhaps a second or third time, before crying victim. "Anathema" isn't a better word at all, for anathema is a formal ecclesiastical curse accompanied by excommunication. The rcc is consigning a person to damnation.

Since "extra ecclesiam nulla salus" is a ROMAN catholic dogma of the ROMAN catholic church. And this dogma is in fact declaring a person "damned" when the individual is excommunicated, so there is NO hypocrisy in the original post. In declaring a person unsaved, the church is thus saying the person is not saved. And an unsaved person is "damned".

Back