Atheisim is not real.

Chalk deposits. They are the product of the compression of microscopic plankton bodies. The size of these deposits and the amount of plankton that would have been needed to form them counts against the possibility that they could have been laid down in a single flood event.

Chalk deposits. They are the product of the compression of microscopic plankton bodies. The size of these deposits and the amount of plankton that would have been needed to form them counts against the possibility that they could have been laid down in a single flood event.
What is the evidence you have that supports non flooding

You're leading a sheltered life, communists and atheists are starving people in different countries.
Where? name them all. Atheism is largely an empty concept. There is nothing about atheism that could make or prevent someone from starving someone else.
Do you remember 911?
Yes. On that day 50 or so people did something terrible and billions of people did good.
You deny God
God does not exist.
and you deny suffering going on in the world
I don't deny it at all. I see it realistically, that it is a small percent of the population, but I don't deny it is happening. Why would I say we should work against it if I denied it was happening?
you need to put some prescription strength glasses on and see the world for what it is.
COOK: What would you say is the biggest misconception people have about violence?

PINKER: That we are living in a violent age. The statistics suggest that this may be the most peaceable time in our species’s existence.
COOK: Can you give a sense for how violent life was 500 or 1000 years ago?

PINKER: Statistics aside, accounts of daily life in medieval and early modern Europe reveal a society soaked in blood and gore. Medieval knights—whom today we would call warlords—fought their numerous private wars with a single strategy: kill as many of the opposing knight’s peasants as possible. Religious instruction included prurient descriptions of how the saints of both sexes were tortured and mutilated in ingenious ways. Corpses broken on the wheel, hanging from gibbets, or rotting in iron cages where the sinner had been left to die of exposure and starvation were a common part of the landscape. For entertainment, one could nail a cat to a post and try to head-butt it to death, or watch a political prisoner get drawn and quartered, which is to say partly strangled, disemboweled, and castrated before being decapitated. So many people had their noses cut off in private disputes that medical textbooks had procedures that were alleged to grow them back

COOK: What made you interested in violence as a scientific question?

PINKER: I’ve long argued that the human mind is not a blank slate but has been fitted by evolution with a complex set of emotions, drives, and systems for reasoning, learning, and communicating. Advocates of the blank slate fear that the very idea of human nature dooms us to perpetual conflict—that if we are killer apes with a territorial imperative, a thirst for blood, a death instinct, and genes for aggression, then it’s pointless to try to make the world a better place.

These fears, I’ve argued, are illogical. Human nature may embrace motives that lead to aggression, but it also embraces motives like empathy, self-control, and reason, which, under the right circumstances, can outweigh the aggressive impulses. And empirically, we can observe many ways in which violence has decreased over time, including a relief from cycles of deadly raiding and feuding when tribes came under the control of states, the 35-fold decline of homicide in medieval Europe, the abolition of slavery, cruel punishments, and frivolous executions, and the recent replacement of totalitarian regimes with democracies.

COOK: Having worked through this material, I wonder, do you see current events differently now?

PINKER: Absolutely. The present looks less sinister, the past less innocent. The mind always focuses on current threats, and takes for granted the violent events that don’t happen but could easily have happened a few decades ago. A sniper in Norway kills dozens of innocent people—and the population does not riot or lynch the perpetrator and his extended family, but holds candlelight vigils. The Egyptian government falls—but the new one does not vow to push the Israelis into the sea. North Korea sinks a South Korean ship, killing 45 sailors—but instead of escalating to war, the Koreans go back to life as usual. Every day I notice the dogs that don’t bark.
Oh by the way do you believe in abortion? Abortion is the sadistic dismemberment of an innocent human being. You don't support that do you?
My view on abortion is complicated. It is not a simple yes or no.

You're living a sheltered life.
Complete nonsense.
You're in deep denial of reality,
Totally false.
if you deny God then you deny anything that you don't like for example, violence.
No connection. Illogical.

God does not exist. I recognize god does not exist. I am in touch with reality. I recognize the violence in the world but also recognize historically things are much better than they were.

Don't you know that Atheists kill a lot of people? Like China, Russian and Ukraine?
Scurrilous lie.

Many Chinese and Russian people might be atheists. But atheism is a largely empty concept. There are no ideas that necessarily follow from atheism that would lead to murder.

Xtians and other religionists have entire worldviews built around their beliefs and these often lead directly to war and murder.

What is the evidence you have that supports non flooding
If the chalk deposits were laid down in a single flood event, all those plankton would have had to be alive at the same time.
The oceans would have been nothing but plankton. They would have been like porridge.

No, not at all. You deny God or anything you don't like
Where is your evidence?

The fact that I write atheological arguments is excellent evidence I am an atheist. Almost all theists don't write atheological arguments and show them to people. Has William Lane Craig written any books full of atheological arguments? What are the titles?

If people were happy and satisfied and content in this world you would see religious belief fade away to almost nothing.
Have you been secretly reading the Bible? :sneaky:

Matthew 19:23-24
23Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Worldly happiness and contentment provides a false sense of security that gives people confidence to reject the Gospel and boldly proclaim themselves to be atheists.

Xtianty needs people afraid and weak. That is why one of the main tenets of xtianity is that you are guilty.
No, it's a main tenant of Christianity because you really are guilty. Here, look in the mirror of the Word:

Galatians 5:19-21
19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery; 20idolatry and sorcery; hatred, discord, jealousy, and rage; rivalries, divisions, factions, 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like.

That's you. And that's me, too. Humans are by nature...well...not very nice. I highlighted the ones that even the most stubborn of self-righteous atheists hardened in denial can't ignore. So, what's your excuse for being like this, and why is it okay to be like this? How has mankind been able to eradicate this stuff that flows so easily out of mankind and makes so much trouble in the world? Just deciding it isn't sin and rejecting Christianity isn't the answer.

As reason continues to provide for the physical and emotional well being of people religious belief is dying. That is not predicted in your book.
Well, I already showed you it is in the Bible. Here's three other places where it talks about wealth deceitfully leading people away from "religious belief":

Mark 4:18-19
18Others are like the seeds sown among the thorns. They hear the word, 19but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth, and the desire for other things come in and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.

Revelation 3:17
17You say, ‘I am rich; I have grown wealthy and need nothing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked.
1 Timothy 6:10
10For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. By craving it, some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

So that is your "the whole world is crumbling" proof.
Gee, how quickly we forget the Covid pandemic and the irreversible damage it has done to the quality, and price of our products. And now we're on the brink of WW III. But it's okay, the world is not crumbling, folks.

How about people all over the world finding cures for everything from the common cold to cancer? How about the next miracle drug, and the one after that, and the one after that?
You mean like the Covid vaccine, lol?

Don't get me wrong, I thank God for the increase in knowledge we have of the way created things work for and against each other in this fallen world, but it's clear the world is in decay, not getting better. And it's because of the wickedness of man. The only remedy of which is a change of nature. A change of nature that only occurs when the Spirit of God enters a man through faith in the forgiveness of God. But as I say, that's not what's going to change the world because, as God has told us, most people reject that. As I've said, God's plan is not to save the world, but to save people out of this world.

Gee, how quickly we forget the Covid pandemic and the irreversible damage it has done to the quality, and price of our products. And now we're on the brink of WW III. But it's okay, the world is not crumbling, folks.

You mean like the Covid vaccine, lol?

Don't get me wrong, I thank God for the increase in knowledge we have of the way created things work for and against each other in this fallen world, but it's clear the world is in decay, not getting better. And it's because of the wickedness of man. The only remedy of which is a change of nature. A change of nature that only occurs when the Spirit of God enters a man through faith in the forgiveness of God. But as I say, that's not what's going to change the world because, as God has told us, most people reject that. As I've said, God's plan is not to save the world, but to save people out of this world.
By what measure is everything getting worse? Life expectancy is longer, particularly active life. Healthcare is better. Knowledge progresses, like technology, exponentially. My grandfather was fourteen years old when he first saw a car. He saw men land on the moon. Sure there are problems, population growth in areas of poverty, climate change and the resultant mass movements of people, are all greater threats than war, except for those immediately involved. The End Days of Revelations are no more imminent than Ragnarok.

No, it's a main tenant of Christianity because you really are guilty. Here, look in the mirror of the Word:

Galatians 5:19-21
19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery; 20idolatry and sorcery; hatred, discord, jealousy, and rage; rivalries, divisions, factions, 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like.

That's you. And that's me, too. Humans are by nature...well...not very nice. I highlighted the ones that even the most stubborn of self-righteous atheists hardened in denial can't ignore. So, what's your excuse for being like this, and why is it okay to be like this? How has mankind been able to eradicate this stuff that flows so easily out of mankind and makes so much trouble in the world? Just deciding it isn't sin and rejecting Christianity isn't the answer.

If you believe you have been cursed to be 'bad' by a magic apple eaten by one of your ancestors, and that a kiss by your prince charming will dispel the curse and turn you into a better person, go for it. Be that good person you want to be.

You should realize though that others simply don't need wishful thinking and fairy tales of magic in order to strive to be good people just for the sake of being good people.

Back