The Alpha and Omega- God

where does the bible say:

God is one person ?
My argument is not about God being one person or three persons, my argument is about what the scripture says. Read it slowly...
1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Are you one of us?
hope this helps !!!
Hope this helps...
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

My argument is not about God being one person or three persons, my argument is about what the scripture says. Read it slowly...
Are you one of us?

Hope this helps...

I see so the Father is not Lord. So much for the number One and the word Only eh ?

So every single reference to the Lord in the bible is the Son and not the Father since your same verse says there is only One Lord.

oops....................................

Thanks

I see so the Father is not Lord. So much for the number One and the word Only eh ?

So every single reference to the Lord in the bible is the Son and not the Father since your same verse says there is only One Lord.

Thanks
Ah but didn't you notice, that Paul said "one Lord Jesus Christ and not just one LORD Civic.

So no, the Father is not the one Lord with the name Jesus Christ, for Paul identifies the one Lord he is speaking of by the actual name Jesus Christ and that is where you are in error on this passage.

Furthermore, the Father is Yahweh and which in the OT the translators use the word LORD in place of his name Yahweh and therefore there is a big difference between God as LORD (YHWH) and Jesus Christ as Lord.

He is not the one Lord with the name Jesus Christ no, for Paul identifies the one Lord he is speaking of by the actual name Jesus Christ and that is where you are in error on this passage.

Furthermore, the Father is Yahweh and which in the OT the translators use the word LORD in place of his name Yahweh and therefore there is a big difference between God as LORD and Jesus Christ as Lord.
eisegesis try reading the text

1- One God
2- One Lord.

And both are responsible for creation in the same passage.

oops.........................

next

1- One God
2- One Lord.

next
You are the one who doesn't want to accept how it reads dude, for Paul not only says that there is one God and one Lord period but he identifies the one God by the title of Father and the one Lord by the name and title of Jesus Christ and therefore he is by no means speaking of one being here but rather two beings and two persons.

Furthermore, Jesus didn't actually create anything himself but rather God did and through Jesus as being the one that would come in accordance with God's foreknowledge of his plan for its redemption and restoration to God's original purpose for creating it and in order to make it worth creating and being he knew before he created it, that it would fall into corruption from sin.

God created it in Jesus also and as is explained by Paul in Romans 8:29 "for those he foreknew, them he also predestined to be conformed to the image of HIS (human Son), that he might be the firstborn among many brethren (other human sons).

So we see that God predestined the human Son Jesus Christ to be the one that all others of his elect saints who would believe on him through Jesus would also be conformed to the image of and this is also what was meant by "God creating all things through Jesus".

By the way, I hope that you do realize that only that which is redeemed and restored continues to be what God originally created, for anything that is not redeemed and restored, is no longer God's creation because it is tainted by the corruption of sin and disobedience and which God never created it to be.

Last edited:

1- One God
2- One Lord.

next
Here is a good question for you Civic.

Does the Father also go by the name and title of Jesus Christ?

If not, then the one Lord Jesus Christ that Paul speaks of in 1 Corinthians 8:6 cannot be the same LORD as The One God and Father period and neither can the one God and Father be the one Lord Jesus Christ and being Jesus doesn't go by the title of The Father either.

Is that clear now Civic?

Last edited:
Where in the Bible does it ever say that God is three persons Civic?

For you seem not to mind much that there is no specific teaching to verify your trinity but here you are in your hypocrisy still demanding a Bible verse to prove God is one person.

The fact is, it shouldn't have to be spelled out for you Civic, for it is definitely and clearly implied all through the Bible and even by Jesus himself when Speaking of God as only the Father alone and also teaching Israel to pray saying, when you pray, you should pray like this "Our Father who is in Heaven hallowed be your name".

Very clearly he is speaking of only one single person here and instructs us how to pray to him as God.

Then you also have John 17:3 to deal with where Jesus also very clearly pinned the Father alone as The True God saying "This is eternal life, that they might know you (Father), The Only True God.

Furthermore and in the same verse 3, he makes an even clearer distinction between himself and The Father as The Only True God saying, "and Jesus the Christ whom you (The Only True God and Father) has sent".

Then you also have Jesus' total agreement with Deuteronomy 6:4 to deal with as well Civic.

Remember also, God himself called his own servants by his title of "elohim" but he never called any of them by his actual name Yahweh and never did any of Jesus' disciples ever called Jesus by the name of Yahweh either and this is your real dilemma.
The name Yahweh does not appear in The N.T.
The Father is one Person as is The Son and Holy Spirit.
God is NOT one Person. Revealed to be THREE Persons.

You are the one who doesn't want to accept how it reads dude, for Paul not only says that there is one God and one Lord period but he identifies the one God by the title of Father and the one Lord by the name and title of Jesus Christ and therefore he is by no means speaking of one being here but rather two beings and two persons.

Furthermore, Jesus didn't actually create anything himself but rather God did and through Jesus as being the one that would come in accordance with God's foreknowledge of his plan for its redemption and restoration to God's original purpose for creating it and in order to make it worth creating and being he knew before he created it, that it would fall into corruption from sin.

God created it in Jesus also and as is explained by Paul in Romans 8:29 "for those he foreknew, them he also predestined to be conformed to the image of HIS (human Son), that he might be the firstborn among many brethren (other human sons).

So we see that God predestined the human Son Jesus Christ to be the one that all others of his elect saints who would believe on him through Jesus would also be conformed to the image of and this is also what was meant by "God creating all things through Jesus".

By the way, I hope that you do realize that only that which is redeemed and restored continues to be what God originally created, for anything that is not redeemed and restored, is no longer God's creation because it is tainted by the corruption of sin and disobedience and which God never created it to be.
NO human Son of God; ONLY The Divine Son of God.
BTW The ONE Lord is God. Acts 17:24.

Here is a good question for you Civic.

Does the Father also go by the name and title of Jesus Christ?

If not, then the one Lord Jesus Christ that Paul speaks of in 1 Corinthians 8:6 cannot be the same LORD as The One God and Father period and neither can the one God and Father be the one Lord Jesus Christ and being Jesus doesn't go by the title of The Father either.

Is that clear now Civic?
How many Lords in your cult????A busload.

Are you one of us?

Hope this helps...
ONE Lord who is The ONE Lord of Romans 11:33-34; Acts 17:24.
Oops! He is God as well.

Ah but didn't you notice, that Paul said "one Lord Jesus Christ and not just one LORD Civic.

So no, the Father is not the one Lord with the name Jesus Christ, for Paul identifies the one Lord he is speaking of by the actual name Jesus Christ and that is where you are in error on this passage.

Furthermore, the Father is Yahweh and which in the OT the translators use the word LORD in place of his name Yahweh and therefore there is a big difference between God as LORD (YHWH) and Jesus Christ as Lord.
The Father is NEVER called LORD.
The Lord is God and vice versa. Mark 12:29.

Thanks
No, you have to check the original language...You are not very bright and you keep proving it, The verse says to us...Believers have one God the father and one Lord Jesus... Unbelievers have a trinity

ONE Lord who is The ONE Lord of Romans 11:33-34; Acts 17:24.
Oops! He is God as well.
Lord means master, what is your argument? God is master over even Jesus...Look at the authority structure... If Jesus is God why would Paul say God is the head of Christ?
1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The Father is NEVER called LORD.
Matthew 11:25
At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
The Lord is God and vice versa. Mark 12:29.
Actually, Jesus is calling God his Lord...29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Lol you just put your foot in your mouth...

The name Yahweh does not appear in The N.T.
The Father is one Person as is The Son and Holy Spirit.
God is NOT one Person. Revealed to be THREE Persons.
the NT was written in Greek. There is no translation for YHWH, so they just wrote LORD. Yeshua does not appear in the NT either.They replaced Yeshua with Jesus...As they did with all the apostles...The apostles had Hebrew names.
The Father is God according to Jesus... Jn 17
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

They have hidden God's name from you who are blind...that is why you say the name Yahweh does not appear in the NT.

Lord means master, what is your argument? God is master over even Jesus...Look at the authority structure... If Jesus is God why would Paul say God is the head of Christ?
1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
The Lord means The Lord and He is The God of Romans 11:33-36 and Acts 17:24 UNLESS you are claiming an additional ONE Lord. Are you???BTW you EVADED dealing with Romans 11 and Acts 17:24.

the NT was written in Greek. There is no translation for YHWH, so they just wrote LORD. Yeshua does not appear in the NT either.They replaced Yeshua with Jesus...As they did with all the apostles...The apostles had Hebrew names.
The Father is God according to Jesus... Jn 17
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

They have hidden God's name from you who are blind...that is why you say the name Yahweh does not appear in the NT.
NO Yahweh in The N.T. ONLY The ONE Lord who is God. Mark 12:29.

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Actually, Jesus is calling God his Lord...29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Lol you just put your foot in your mouth...
The ONE Lord NEVER calls God His Lord.
Are you now asserting The Father is The Lord????

The ONE Lord NEVER calls God His Lord.
Are you now asserting The Father is The Lord????
Are you blind...?

Are you blind...?
the ECHAD in plain view. Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." the same one person "SHARED" or diversified in Flesh.

the LORD is the Lord in Flesh.

for the terms Alpha and Omega are just the Greek terms for "FIRST", and "LAST", and Hebrew, "Aleph", and "Tav". in Hebrew. which are found in Genesis 1:1 https://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen1.pdf look for the Aleph and tav there in Genesis 1:1.

PICJAG, 101G.

Back