Dueteronomy 30:6

Still missing the point I see

They returned to and obeyed and Loved God

but after the purification of their heart they could love God with all their heart

as the dross from their heart was removed

Why do you think i kept telling you that you had truncated verse 6
So they returned in love God so God gave them a new heart so they would love God? Good one, well thought out.

So they returned in love God so God gave them a new heart so they would love God? Good one, well thought out.
There you go truncating facts again

read the whole text then you will not be so confused

and pay attention to comments before you post as this was explained to you last post

Still missing the point, I see

but after the purification of their heart, they could love God with all their heart

There you go truncating facts again

read the whole text then you will not be so confused

and pay attention to comments before you post as this was explained to you last post

Still missing the point, I see

but after the purification of their heart, they could love God with all their heart

So there Ss a difference between loving God and loving God with all your heart? lol Show us

We define Spiritual Blindness differently too, Jesus said we're blind; that needs healing, not Illumination...

But we're at our usual impasse; the Word and the Spirit has to break the Balance...
We both answer to the same Lord, my brother! The day is coming where these differences of thought will be left behind in unity against our greater, common foe to honor the name of our Lord and King.

Doug

We define Spiritual Blindness differently too, Jesus said we're blind; that needs healing, not Illumination...

But we're at our usual impasse; the Word and the Spirit has to break the Balance...
Jesus did not teach men are born incapable of seeing

Men needed to be blinded so they would not see

John 12:40 —KJV
“He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.”

Had they not closed their eyes they could see

Acts 28:27 —KJV
“For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.”

Jesus spoke to men in parables to prevent their seeing

Matt. 13:10–14 —KJV
“And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:”

Last edited:
Sorry you don't know what you are talking about

and you provide no proof for your claim

Pelagianism​

Pelagianism is a heterodox Christian theological position that holds that the original sin did not taint human nature and that humans have the free will to achieve human perfection without divine grace.

Hello

exactly how I defined it and denied it
Interesting that it says "free will to achieve perfection" but not that anyone has done it other than Jesus.
I have yet to find a verse that says God created us incapable of obedience

Interesting that it says "free will to achieve perfection" but not that anyone has done it other than Jesus.
Well, that is Pelagianism which some of the Calvinist here appear to not know or care to know

Why do we have to have a verse that says "God created us incapable of obedience", when YOU don't have a veres that says, "God created us CAPABLE of obedience"?
Double standards much?

In the meantime, would you like to discuss:
Gen. 6:5?
Isa. 64:6?
John 6:44?
Rom. 3:10-18?
Rom. 3:19-20?
Rom. 8:7-8?
1 Cor. 2:14?

Why do we have to have a verse that says "God created us incapable of obedience", when YOU don't have a veres that says, "God created us CAPABLE of obedience"?
Double standards much?

It so happens in the very passage under discussion contains

Deuteronomy 30:11-16 (ESV)
11 “For this commandment that I command you today is not too hard for you, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend to heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’
14 But the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can do it.
15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil.
16 If you obey the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you today, by loving the LORD your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his rules, then you shall live and multiply, and then your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take possession of it.

Certainly not perfectly but ability is shown above

Double standards much?

Why would God be angry at what He supposedly unconditionally pre-caused? Was He mad at His own mistake?

But God's reaction proves that their choices were their own libertarian fault, and it angered God.

Genesis 6:5 (KJV)
5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Genesis 6:6 (KJV)
6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Why would God be angry at what He supposedly unconditionally pre-caused? Was He mad at His own mistake?

But God's reaction proves that their choices were their own libertarian fault, and it angered God.

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Genesis 6:6 (KJV)
6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Calvinism leads to some strange conclusions

God winds up redeeming his own determinations

First I will note you addressed neither set of verses

second I will note death spread to all men for all men sin

scripture does not contradict scripture
Tom, now I know you are just skimming over our posts. Because I said I would address all passages you provide. And in return for you to address the ones I provide. Like Romans 5:12-21, fair enough?

Scripture not men is my authority

Ezek. 18:1 ¶ And a word of the Lord came to me, saying:
Ezek. 18:2 Son of man, why do you have this comparison among the sons of Israel, when they are saying, “The fathers ate unripe grapes, and the teeth of the children had pain?”
Ezek. 18:3 I live, says the Lord, if this comparison ever comes to be spoken again in Israel!
Ezek. 18:4 For all the souls are mine; as is the soul of the father mine, so also is the soul of the son. Mine they are. The soul that sins, this one shall die.

Ezek. 18:19 ¶ And you shall say, “Why is it that the son of the father did not receive the injustice?” Because the son did justice and mercy, he observed all my precepts and did them; he shall live by life.
Ezek. 18:20 But, the soul that sins shall die, but the son shall not receive the injustice of the father, nor shall the father receive the injustice of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the lawlessness of the lawless shall be upon him.

2Kings 14:6 And he did not put to death the sons of those who had struck, just as it is written in the book of the laws of Moyses, as the Lord commanded, saying, “Fathers shall not be put to death for sons, and sons shall not be put to death for fathers, but only each one shall be put to death by his own sins.”

Deut. 24:16 ¶ Fathers shall not die for their children, and sons shall not be put to death for fathers; each one shall die for his own sin.

2Chr. 25:4 And he did not kill their sons according to the covenant of the Lord’s law, as it is written, as the Lord had commanded, saying, “Fathers shall not die because of children, and sons shall not die because of fathers, but each shall die for his own sin.”

Jer. 31:30 But I knew his works.
It was not enough for him;
he did not do thus.
And he did not kill their sons according to the covenant of the Lord’s law, as it is written, as the Lord had commanded, saying, “Fathers shall not die because of children, and sons shall not die because of fathers, but each shall die for his own sin.”
I heard of Moab’s insolence; he was very insolent in his insolence and his arrogance. And his heart was lifted up.
But I knew his works. It was not enough for him; he did not do thus.”

The Arminian and my position is that of native depravity but not native demerit

We have found the arguments for native sinfulness in the sense of demerit entirely insufficient for its proof.

John Miley, Systematic Theology, Volume 1 (New York: Hunt & Eaton, 1892), 516.
Bear with me, I'm feeling a bit under the weather, I will address these passages in the next couple of days. BTW, these passages do not help your cause, especially the Prophecy that Jesus references to in Isaiah 28:5!

Bear with me, I'm feeling a bit under the weather, I will address these passages in the next couple of days. BTW, these passages do not help your cause, especially the Prophecy that Jesus references to in Isaiah 28:5!
No problem

but so far all we have your unsupported claim

BTW I do hope you will feel better

Tom, now I know you are just skimming over our posts. Because I said I would address all passages you provide. And in return for you to address the ones I provide. Like Romans 5:12-21, fair enough?
I just looked at your post

i see nothing there about you stating you would address the passages I provided

And I did comment of Romans 5:12

That's an interesting question. If you would like to discuss it, you are free to start your own thread.

Refresh my memory... Are you the one who keeps perverting Scripture by arbitrarily adding the word "libertarian" at every third word?

So where is there any room for "ability to obey", when the ONLY thing they can do is evil?

Mere words lacking proof and any factual verification

and already addressed

Pelagianism​

Pelagianism is a heterodox Christian theological position that holds that the original sin did not taint human nature and that humans have the free will to achieve human perfection without divine grace.

Wikipedia

you don't know what you are talking about
LOL...thanks for doing the leg work for me. So, did Pelagius believe in Adam's sin being imputed? Because you do not believe in Native Demerit, correct? So, your belief is Pelagian! You asked & answered your own question.

LOL...thanks for doing the leg work for me. So, did Pelagius believe in Adam's sin being imputed? Because you do not believe in Native Demerit, correct? So, your belief is Pelagian! You asked & answered your own question.
You are very confused

Pelagianism denied that man was affected by the fall

Native depravity is contrary to that

It holds that man inherited a sin nature because of the fall

Back