Why I am not a Arminian (Anymore)

I have never claimed to have understanding outside of the Spirit. Where did you get that?

You seem to believe that you have 100% certainty in everything you believe and assert.
And your above comment seems to confirm that as your opinion.

Unfortunately, I find that someone who has 100% certainty in everything they believe is immature in the faith. A maturity in the faith is able to discriminate between beliefs which are essential and which are non-essential, and which beliefs you have a fair amount of certainty on, and which beliefs you aren't dogmatic about.

After all:

Deut. 29:29 “The secret things belong to the LORD our God,...

1 Cor. 13:12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

You may have mistaken me for a Calvinist. They are the ones who talk as if Biblical understanding is a ourely intellectual undertaking.

<sigh>

Why must you constantly MISREPRESENT Calvinists, seth?
Don't you know that bearing false witness is a sin?

You choose to believe without spiritual revelation correct?

You say you understand spiritual truths without the Spirit right?
Why do you keep running away from your own teachings and then pretend you have no idea what I am taking about.

Your claims, not mine.
Newsflash scripture is spiritual revelation

Why do you denigrate it?

So why do you try and remove faith as a part of the new birth

Why are you pretending it's not there in John 3?

You want to promote a faith that is devoid of the Spirit. That faith that is born of the flesh, that comes from self and is not spiritual.

Why do you keep running away from your own false teachings?

Is saving faith a gift of the Spirit (That which is born of the spirit is Spirit) as we have been saying the Bible teaches. Or is faith not a gift of the Spirit and easily discerned by anyone and everyone and born from intilect. This is your teaching, and describes a faith devoid of the Spirit, faith born in the flesh.

Why do you keep hiding from your own false teachings?
I don't remove faith, where do you get that?
If you do not have faith, you will not entrust yourself to Christ.
What I object to is you taking a section on natural birth, and saying it is about natural faith. You are confusing ideas. Faith is not a part of natural birth. there is no such thing in the Bible as fleshlt faith. Why do you refuse to address this scripturally?

And you cannot believe (In the true gospel) wirhout spiritual revelation.
I have already shown scripture that it is not revealed to all.
Your argument that it is fails miserably
Of course God reveals Himself. Of course everything begins with the revelation He gives. The only ones who would disagree are those who operate only in the intellect minus the spirit

Of course God reveals Himself. Of course everything begins with the revelation He gives. The only ones who would disagree are those who operate only in the intellect minus the spirit

Wow...
So seth claims that anyone who dares disagree with his PERSONAL OPINIONS, doesn't have the Spirit?!

Talk about holy "name-dropping".

Nobody's impressed, seth.
Perhaps you need to study that "humility" is a fruit of the Spirit.

You seem to believe that you have 100% certainty in everything you believe and assert.
And your above comment seems to confirm that as your opinion.

Unfortunately, I find that someone who has 100% certainty in everything they believe is immature in the faith. A maturity in the faith is able to discriminate between beliefs which are essential and which are non-essential, and which beliefs you have a fair amount of certainty on, and which beliefs you aren't dogmatic about.

After all:

Deut. 29:29 “The secret things belong to the LORD our God,...

1 Cor. 13:12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

<sigh>

Why must you constantly MISREPRESENT Calvinists, seth?
Don't you know that bearing false witness is a sin?
What maybe confuses you is that when I am sure that I have seen a Biblical truth, then I teach it confidently.
That is not the same as me thinking I know everything

Wow...
So seth claims that anyone who dares disagree with his PERSONAL OPINIONS, doesn't have the Spirit?!

Talk about holy "name-dropping".

Nobody's impressed, seth.
Perhaps you need to study that "humility" is a fruit of the Spirit.
That post was not about me, it was about knowing truth. You might want to respond to ideas and stop attacking me

What maybe confuses you

<sigh>
You REALLY need to lose the attitude, seth.
Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean that THEY are the one "confused".

Based on the plethora of your heterodox teachings, YOU are arguably THE most "confused" person in this forum.

So why do you try and remove faith as a part of the new birth

Why are you pretending it's not there in John 3?

You want to promote a faith that is devoid of the Spirit. That faith that is born of the flesh, that comes from self and is not spiritual.

Why do you keep running away from your own false teachings?

Is saving faith a gift of the Spirit (That which is born of the spirit is Spirit) as we have been saying the Bible teaches. Or is faith not a gift of the Spirit and easily discerned by anyone and everyone and born from intilect. This is your teaching, and describes a faith devoid of the Spirit, faith born in the flesh.

Why do you keep hiding from your own false teachings?
Post a verse that actually states saving faith is a gift of the Spirit

BTW faith precedes the new birth

Colossians 2:12 (ESV)
12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Yes scripture is, but we also need Spirit guidance to get the depths of it
The point is scripture is sufficient to provide life and salvation

John 20:31 (ESV)
31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

What maybe confuses you is that when I am sure that I have seen a Biblical truth, then I teach it confidently.
That is not the same as me thinking I know everything
Impossible you deny Biblical truth and below from this passage its ONBIOUS you are not led by Gods spirit but as Paul and John say its another spirit, another jesus, another gospel.

Phil 3

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

15 All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

17 Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do. 18 For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame.

Their mind is set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

You choose to believe without spiritual revelation correct?

You say you understand spiritual truths without the Spirit right?
Why do you keep running away from your own teachings and then pretend you have no idea what I am taking about.

Your claims, not mine.
I have never claimed to believe without spiritual revelation.
Perhpas you have me confused with some other poster here.
Everything begins as God thru the Spirit reveals Himself.
There is no other way

Last edited:
I have never claimed to believe without spiritual revelation.
Perhpas you have me confused with some other poster here.
Everything begins as God thru the Spirit revelas Himself.
There is no other way
you have a spirit for sure as per 1 John 4:2-3 and 2 John 7- its definitely not Gods spirit.

The point is scripture is sufficient to provide life and salvation

John 20:31 (ESV)
31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
Surely you are not promoting salvation that happens minus God's pesonal interaction with you to give you faith?
Of course we have to act on that faith, but initially it is a gift from God.

Surely you are not promoting salvation that happens minus God's pesonal interaction with you to give you faith?
Of course we have to act on that faith, but initially it is a gift from God.

Where does SCRIPTURE (not you) separate "faith", from "acting on that faith"?
IMO, it's nothing more than a lame attempt to smuggle in the unBiblical "free will".

Back