Billy Bob meets the Calvinist God on Judgment Day

No, I am demonstrating the failure of logic in your statements, Howie. Nonexistent beings do not have existent guilt to be punished for.

Doug
My logic is sound, your objection to it is irrelevant. The God of the Bible is omniscient and possesses exhaustive foreknowledge of all things. ?

My logic is sound, your objection to it is irrelevant. The God of the Bible is omniscient and possesses exhaustive foreknowledge of all things. ?
so he elects according to foreknowledge ?

1 Peter 1:2 (KJV)
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

so he elects according to foreknowledge ?

1 Peter 1:2 (KJV)
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
Yes.

For those whom He FOREKNEW, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified. ... Rom 8:29-30.

Yes.

For those whom He FOREKNEW, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified. ... Rom 8:29-30.
OK

But you do know that is the Arminian view not the Calvinist view

OK

But you so know that is the Arminian view not the Calvinist view
It's the Biblical view, my view; it is also the Calvinist view. Prior to the foundation of the world, God intimately knew and loved those elected to salvation.

It's the Biblical view, my view; it is also the Calvinist view. Prior to the foundation of the world, God intimately knew and loved those elected to salvation.
The Calvinist view is based on unconditional election

The Calvinist view is based on unconditional election
Correct. God foreknowing those He saves isn't based on their actions. It is based on God setting His love upon them according to the kind intentions of His will.

Last edited:
no the concept does not exist in the bible

Predestination concerns the destiny of the elect

Ephesians 1:4-5 (KJV)
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

election referring to God's choice
You're wrong.

It would be folly to try to convince you of that fact when God's words fail to do so first.

But unconditional election to salvation is not

1 Corinthians 1:21 (KJV)
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
We are not saved nor come to faith by our own merit. God calls whom he will to his Salvation.

It is a gift. Not a reward.

Try again

i am not trying to prove something from silence but to show the phrase does not exist in scripture

and if you read the verse predestination concerns the elect

The elect are predestined to adoption

no one is predestined to election
You need read the Bible before debating those who do .

It now appears you're here to cause conflict and see how long Christians here will labor to correct your feigned ignorance.

The term for that is , among other terms, POE Trolling.

You're wrong.

It would be folly to try to convince you of that fact when God's words fail to do so first.
I've gotten to the point I only speak to him from time-to-time when I think he will participate well, or when I think it could benefit the Lurkers...

There are plenty of Posters here who will gladly discuss things with you...

Last edited:
But you are arguing that "He was chosen to receive the penalty due to him for his sin", meaning that Election to perdition is based on the condition of guilt.

Where does the Bible speak of "election to perdition"?

And yes, the elect are saved by grace.
And the condemned are condemned by their works (sins).

In double predestination the wicked are not predestined to salvation yet Calvinism teaches they are predestined for hell in the same way the elect are for heaven .

Im not sure why I need to remind Calvinists what Calvin believed .
I'm sure you wouldn't have to when speaking to Calvinists.

Though they would likely assist you in learning the scriptures from whence their doctrine sprang.

True except predestination is never used of the wicked like Calvin taught . That was my point.

I don’t respond to the other poster as I’ve quoted Calvin many times teaching double predestination but he continues to ack like I have not so I do not play his cat and mouse games . Thank you .

Calvinists don't get their theology from "John Calvin".
Calvinists get their theology from the BIBLE.

I don’t respond to the other poster as I’ve quoted Calvin many times teaching double predestination

So what?
I'm not John Calvin, so I'm not forced to accept everything (you claim) he allegedly "taught".

but he continues to ack like I have not so I do not play his cat and mouse games . Thank you .

I'm sorry, but I've never "ack"ed in my life.
And I'm not the one playing games here.
I'm simply correcting your misrepresentations of Calvinism.

And some people might consider it "cat and mouse games" to claim ignoring a poster, but continuing to respond to their posts, and accuse them of playing "games".

Back