Online conduct and treatment of others

Correct.

Yes.

Why can't He do that?

Because you have a skewed view of God. God is not here to please you; isn't that correct?
It's not consistent with the other facts

It belies God's love for the world

it belies the fact he receives no pleasure from the death of the wicked and that he would rather men repent

It's not consistent with the other facts

It belies God's love for the world

it belies the fact he receives no pleasure from the death of the wicked and that he would rather men repent
You have created God in your image.

No from the bible

I get God loved the world

God is love

Takes no pleasure in the death of wicked and desires all to come to repentance

Anything contrary to those biblical facts is false

and presents a god in the image of a particular theology

No from the bible

I get God loved the world

God is love

Takes no pleasure in the death of wicked and desires all to come to repentance

You are reduced to posting mindless repetition ignoring scriptural facts

From the bible

We get God loved the world

that God is love

That he takes no pleasure in the death of wicked and desires all to come to repentance

You are reduced to posting mindless repetition ignoring scriptural facts

From the bible

that God is love

That he takes no pleasure in the death of wicked and desires all to come to repentance

He repeated, mindlessly.

He repeated, mindlessly.

nothing has changed

you ignore the evidence and repeat yourself

failing to address argumentation

From the bible

that God is love

Is this a Biblical argument, or an emotional one?
It's only a "theological" argument, and simple logic. IF everyone who will ever be Born Again had already BEEN SELECTED ("L" in action) even before the creation. Then OBVIOUSLY anybody who WASN'T SELECTED is only firewood and never could be anything else. Because of "I" NOBODY has any choice in the matter (not that Calvinists are too long on "Choice" anyway).

But then, of course there's Romans 9 that makes the selection of the "Elect" arbitrary anyway ("U" in action).

Since I was drawn, and convicted of SIN, then obviously I'm "Elect". And even though I "blew off" the Holy Spirit the first few dozen times, Eventually (at the age of 20), at the end of my rope, I surrendered, repented, and became a Christian. So the Calvinist would say "I" worked the way it was supposed to.

Of course in the last 6 months or so, my "Congestive heart failure" has kicked in with a vengeance, so chances are I'll get REAL answers to my questions before much longer anyway, and have a good laugh about all that I've been wrong about.

It's only a "theological" argument, and simple logic. IF everyone who will ever be Born Again had already BEEN SELECTED ("L" in action) even before the creation. Then OBVIOUSLY anybody who WASN'T SELECTED is only firewood and never could be anything else. Because of "I" NOBODY has any choice in the matter (not that Calvinists are too long on "Choice" anyway).

But then, of course there's Romans 9 that makes the selection of the "Elect" arbitrary anyway ("U" in action).

Since I was drawn, and convicted of SIN, then obviously I'm "Elect". And even though I "blew off" the Holy Spirit the first few dozen times, Eventually (at the age of 20), at the end of my rope, I surrendered, repented, and became a Christian. So the Calvinist would say "I" worked the way it was supposed to.

Of course in the last 6 months or so, my "Congestive heart failure" has kicked in with a vengeance, so chances are I'll get REAL answers to my questions before much longer anyway, and have a good laugh about all that I've been wrong about.
Calvin employed the same logic

Many professing a desire to defend the Deity from an invidious charge admit the doctrine of election, but deny that any one is reprobated (Bernard. in Die Ascensionis, Serm. 2). This they do ignorantly and childishly since there could be no election without its opposite reprobation. God is said to set apart those whom he adopts for salvation. It were most absurd to say, that he admits others fortuitously, or that they by their industry acquire what election alone confers on a few. Those, therefore, whom God passes by he reprobates, and that for no other cause but because he is pleased to exclude them from the inheritance which he predestines to his children.

John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian Religion (Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 1997).

It's only a "theological" argument, and simple logic. IF everyone who will ever be Born Again had already BEEN SELECTED ("L" in action) even before the creation. Then OBVIOUSLY anybody who WASN'T SELECTED is only firewood

The "firewood" comment is more than a little biased.

and never could be anything else. Because of "I" NOBODY has any choice in the matter (not that Calvinists are too long on "Choice" anyway).

Too many people confuse "choice" with "determination".
We choose, but we don't determine things.

But none of what you described above is contrary to the Bible, so how is this a Biblical or theological argument?

The "firewood" comment is more than a little biased.
But totally accurate.
Too many people confuse "choice" with "determination".
We choose, but we don't determine things.
Per Calvin, we have no part in the decision one way or another.
But none of what you described above is contrary to the Bible, so how is this a Biblical or theological argument?
It's a simple statement of fact based on the Calvinist reformed paradigm. There are other paradigms "proven" the same way.

Back