What a Cadillac with a crumpled rear end reminds me of. Or maybe a damaged Mona Lisa

stiggy wiggy

If we see a 2022 Cadillac with a crumpled rear end, we do not assume that it came off the assembly line looking like that. We always assume, whatever the CAUSE of the defective rear end, that the defect occurred after the car was manufactured. I have expressed many times on this board, perhaps ad nauseum to the atheists here, my appreciation for the beauty of God's multifaceted creation, only to hear atheists remind me of its many flaws. I'm blown away by the beauty of a cat, only to be reminded of feline leukemia. The majesty of a mountain reminds some atheists of killer avalanches. The human anatomy is a many splendored thing, so the psalmist tells us that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made," but the atheist reminds us of cancer.

This post is not meant to debate WHY God "allows" corruption. That discussion has been discussed both theologically (Garden of Eden event, free will, etc.) and philosophically (theodicy) in many other threads here, so I will not engage in that beating of a dead horse (which reminds me, by the way, that God's assembly line created the beautiful equine creature which ultimately AFTER the fact dies, perhaps headed for the glue factory.) Repeat; no theodicy discussion here.

My only point is to remind these pessimistic atheists that they are quite incorrect to say that God CREATED a flawed universe. The flaws ALWAYS occur subsequent to the creation: Genesis 1: "And God saw that it was good."

So even if I were still an agnostic, I would probably think, "This is an awesome universe, but somehow, some way, it got really screwed up." But I now see His glory manifesting itself as beauty in His creation. Sometimes (in a good way) it's more than I can bear.

The human anatomy is a many splendored thing, so the psalmist tells us that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made," but the atheist reminds us of cancer.
And it's Christianity that constantly reminds us of the real cancer...that splendorous man, despite being "fearfully and wonderfully made", is, by the Hand of God, a sinner deserving of damnation without the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ

And it's Christianity that constantly reminds us of the real cancer...that splendorous man, despite being "fearfully and wonderfully made", is, by the Hand of God, a sinner deserving of damnation without the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ
You sound really angry about something you seem sure doesn't exist. I'm amazed how much time you people spend here talking about something you claim doesn't exist

If we see a 2022 Cadillac with a crumpled rear end, we do not assume that it came off the assembly line looking like that. We always assume, whatever the CAUSE of the defective rear end, that the defect occurred after the car was manufactured. I have expressed many times on this board, perhaps ad nauseum to the atheists here, my appreciation for the beauty of God's multifaceted creation, only to hear atheists remind me of its many flaws. I'm blown away by the beauty of a cat, only to be reminded of feline leukemia. The majesty of a mountain reminds some atheists of killer avalanches. The human anatomy is a many splendored thing, so the psalmist tells us that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made," but the atheist reminds us of cancer.

This post is not meant to debate WHY God "allows" corruption. That discussion has been discussed both theologically (Garden of Eden event, free will, etc.) and philosophically (theodicy) in many other threads here, so I will not engage in that beating of a dead horse (which reminds me, by the way, that God's assembly line created the beautiful equine creature which ultimately AFTER the fact dies, perhaps headed for the glue factory.) Repeat; no theodicy discussion here.

My only point is to remind these pessimistic atheists that they are quite incorrect to say that God CREATED a flawed universe. The flaws ALWAYS occur subsequent to the creation: Genesis 1: "And God saw that it was good."

So even if I were still an agnostic, I would probably think, "This is an awesome universe, but somehow, some way, it got really screwed up." But I now see His glory manifesting itself as beauty in His creation. Sometimes (in a good way) it's more than I can bear.
They arent just pessimistic that's understandable to some extent but they a are also a people of death

They arent just pessimistic that's understandable to some extent but they a are also a people of death
Actually, it's Christianity that is life negating

All those people soo focused on life in the next world that they forget to live this life, in this world

Come Lord Jesus, indeed...

.............the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ

Ah yes, The repair job. The difference is that a body shop can only restore the Cadillac to its original condition at best. Jesus' atoning work creates a vast improvement. But thanks for reminding me how we can extend the analogy.

Ah yes, The repair job. The difference is that a body shop can only restore the Cadillac to its original condition at best. Jesus' atoning work creates a vast improvement. But thanks for reminding me how we can extend the analogy.
What kind of goofy factory produces a pristine Cadillac, arranges for the Cadillac to suffer some damage, and then, in a fit of historic hissiness, endeavours to produce every Cadillac to come with pre-existing damage?

Prove it. Is this how you reach conclusions in your everyday life? You must have some digits missing or at least one limb.
Tell you what, since my claim was only in response to your claim - you prove that atheists are "people of death" and then I'll prove that Christianity is life negating

What kind of goofy factory produces a pristine Cadillac, arranges for the Cadillac to suffer some damage, and then, in a fit of historic hissiness, endeavours to produce every Cadillac to come with pre-existing damage?

Egads, you're an even more horridly damaged person than I had originally thought. You actually view a newborn baby as damaged goods. No wonder you support a woman's right to hire someone to kill them in the womb. Shiver!

Egads, you're an even more horridly damaged person than I had originally thought. You actually view a newborn baby as damaged goods.
No, stiggy - I don't, God does!

It's God who has determined that this precious baby will never, ever, be "good enough" for Him without Jesus Christ having died on the cross

I shiver at how clueless you really are

No, stiggy - I don't, God does!

You already implied that in your last post. We KNOW you think that the newborn babies God creates are damaged goods. Now the question is why you think that. We can only be thankful that no woman found it fitting to make you the father of her baby. No telling how you'd treat an infant you deemed to be damaged goods.

You already implied that in your last post. We KNOW you think that the newborn babies God creates are damaged goods. Now the question is why you think that. We can only be thankful that no woman found it fitting to make you the father of her baby. No telling how you'd treat an infant you deemed to be damaged goods.
You don't know crap, stiggy

We're done here

And reading the posts by atheists, you'd swear that the caddy came off the assembly line with the crumpled rear end.

?
??‍♂️
?
??‍♂️

Go figure.

God created your liver which has 500 known functions and helps you fight your hangovers. What have you created? hand waving episodes?

Back