Circular Reasoning

It seems I misunderstand this scripture. It says that works perfect our faith, and that if we have faith but no works, our faith is dead. Please do explain.

Yeah. Catholics believe they can merit eternal life from God with their works. I posted the relevant Catholic authorities confirming this false doctrine.

i am sorry but what ever your reasons are, we believe salvation is by grace through faith and i gave you an example... infant baptism. this is consistent with the ephesians 2 verse and does not prove 'faith alone' doctrine.

unless you believe that one can have faith without the grace of god.
Seriously you don't get it, through faith means with faith. You cannot have faith without God, we get grace through faith. It is a simple sentence. You and dingoling are the only posters who are in love with the word alone.

From Cambridge Dictionary:

from one end or side of something to the other:
They walked slowly through the woods.
The boy waded through the water to reach his boat.
Blood flows through the heart.

The grace travels through faith is the meaning, no faith you have no grace. It is simple. Without faith you have nothing.

Infant baptism is a total waste of time, just look at the fruit of your leaders.

after being saved/justified by the grace of god in baptism, we now respond by means of faith and works. this is the time that faith and works will play a role in our salvation/justification.

Justified by works....just as I said, and you denied.

Have you done enough good works after your baptism to merit eternal life from God if you died this very hour?

make an effort to understand the highlighted words in connection with my explanation above.

None of your highlights changed the teaching.

It still says you have to earn Heaven with your works.

Justified by works....just as I said, and you denied.

Have you done enough good works after your baptism to merit eternal life from God if you died this very hour?
yes, we have an assurance but not an absolute one for God is the final judge and to us salvation is a process. it is not once saved, always saved.
None of your highlights changed the teaching.

that is true because salvation is a process. it starts after one receives the grace of god and cooperates by faith and works. The final outcome is life eternal in heaven.

no one is saved by water baptism. whatever you think you have by water baptism, it isn't salvation.
it is the grace of god that saves in the sacrament of baptism. it is in baptism that we are born again and received a new life (John 3:5, Rom. 6:3-4, Col. 2:12-13, Titus 3:5).
water baptism does not cause anyone to have faith in Christ alone.
yes, it is the free gift of god's grace that gives us faith in jesus christ.

Seriously you don't get it, through faith means with faith. You cannot have faith without God, we get grace through faith. It is a simple sentence. You and dingoling are the only posters who are in love with the word alone.

From Cambridge Dictionary:

from one end or side of something to the other:
They walked slowly through the woods.
The boy waded through the water to reach his boat.
Blood flows through the heart.

The grace travels through faith is the meaning, no faith you have no grace. It is simple. Without faith you have nothing.

Infant baptism is a total waste of time, just look at the fruit of your leaders.
we will make it as simple as this...

does faith precedes the grace of god or it is grace that precedes faith?

we will make it as simple as this...

does faith precedes the grace of god or it is grace that precedes faith?
faith proceeds grace, if you read grace through faith. Without faith nothing for grace to go through. I knew you were not understanding what through faith means. I had made it simple for you already and you still got it wrong.

The blood goes through the heart. You first must have the heart for the blood to go through. No heart the blood is not moving through anything at all. It is simple.

thx for the correction.

in post 791 - you claimed it said this -

"once we are in Christ, circumcision means nothing, and the want of it means nothing; the faith that finds its expression in love is all that matters."

which one is actual scripture ? a catholic rewrite of it?
what do you mean? both says... the faith that finds its expression in love is all that matters.

faith proceeds grace, if you read grace through faith. Without faith nothing for grace to go through. I knew you were not understanding what through faith means. I had made it simple for you already and you still got it wrong.

The blood goes through the heart. You first must have the heart for the blood to go through. No heart the blood is not moving through anything at all. It is simple.
i understand what you are saying but i said precedes not proceeds. they are not with the same meaning.

first, it is the grace of god before one can have faith, and a live faith is one accompanied by love/charity.
Wrong and I am putting it down to maybe English is your second language. First faith through which grace passes without the faith you have nothing at all. You have no grace, nothing.

i understand what you are saying but i said precedes not proceeds. they are not with the same meaning.
Precedes:

: to be, go, or come ahead or in front of
3: to be earlier than

Proceeds:

That which comes forth or results; effect; yield; issue; product; sum accruing from a sale, etc.

In my case it was a typo and I got interrupted with an important phone call. But in any case you are wrong.

Wrong still faith first through which grace goes through. How can grace go through faith if you do not have faith first?

You need to get your head around the word through. You do not seem to understand what through means.

Freedictionary:

1. going in or starting at one side and coming out or stopping at the other side of: a path through the wood.

The woods is there first and then the path goes through it.

First there is faith and the grace goes through faith. It is a simple concept.

Wrong and I am putting it down to maybe English is your second language. First faith through which grace passes without the faith you have nothing at all. You have no grace, nothing.
What does Ephesians 2:8 says? Is it 'grace' or is it 'faith' that saves us?
Precedes:

: to be, go, or come ahead or in front of
3: to be earlier than

Proceeds:

That which comes forth or results; effect; yield; issue; product; sum accruing from a sale, etc.

In my case it was a typo and I got interrupted with an important phone call. But in any case you are wrong.

Wrong still faith first through which grace goes through. How can grace go through faith if you do not have faith first?
precedes- comes first or in front of

proceeds- comes forth or results, effect

Grace comes first, not the other way around. We are saved 'by grace through faith' is explicit in the Bible. It is the free gift of God that saves us not faith. (Eph2: 8-9)
God’s grace must precede and accompany every meritorious action that brings about our salvation (phil2: 13)
Show your verses and do not keep insisting against the Bible?

When did you receive the revelation from God that you did enough good works to merit eternal life from Him?

You must think you are a very good person to having earned Heaven!

that is true because salvation is a process

Please remember that the next time you or any of your Catholic pals deny Catholicism teaches that sinners can earn Heaven by doing good works.

mica said:
no one is saved by water baptism. whatever you think you have by water baptism, it isn't salvation.
it is the grace of god that saves in the sacrament of baptism.
there is no grace of God in the water baptism of an unbeliever.

it is in baptism that we are born again and received a new life (John 3:5, Rom. 6:3-4, Col. 2:12-13, Titus 3:5).
no one is born again in water baptism. if you're counting on that to 'save' you, then you will remain lost, not knowing Christ. the rebirth is a different experience when God changes one's heart, a non wet experience and no other human needs to be involved.

yes, it is the free gift of god's grace that gives us faith in jesus christ.
then why do catholics believe they need 'works' for it? the unsaved have no works of / in / or by Him.

What does Ephesians 2:8 says? Is it 'grace' or is it 'faith' that saves us?

precedes- comes first or in front of

proceeds- comes forth or results, effect

Grace comes first, not the other way around. We are saved 'by grace through faith' is explicit in the Bible. It is the free gift of God that saves us not faith. (Eph2: 8-9)
God’s grace must precede and accompany every meritorious action that brings about our salvation (phil2: 13)
Show your verses and do not keep insisting against the Bible?
I already said I made a typo with precede, proceeds. So stop going on about it. But you are wrong.

Ephesians is clear grace through faith. faith is the heart you must have it for grace to flow through. It is simple first grace. You do not understand the word through.

eph 2:8

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

If grace was first it would be faith through grace. It does not matter what you post on this, you are wrong because you do not comprehend the word through.

Back