Holy, Holy, Holy

But scripture says that Jesus was proclaiming the good news of the kingdom. What is the good news Jesus was proclaiming?
The Good News is
behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world

Jesus' first command "repent. the kingdom of God is at hand""
Was it obtaining eternal life by keeping the commandments?
nope: No one is justified by keeping the Law
Why didn't Jesus tell the man about faith alone or about imputed righteousness?

The man didn't think he was a sinner that needed to be saved:
He saw no reason to repent

The Good News is
behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world

nope: No one is justified by keeping the Law

The man didn't think he was a sinner that needed to be saved
Scripture doesn't say that the man didn't think he was a sinner. If anyone would asked Jesus the same question would Jesus response have been different?

If we were to ask Jesus right now the same question today - what must I do to have eternal life - what would Jesus' response be?

Scripture doesn't say that the man didn't think he was a sinner.
sure it does: I have kept all the Commandments since my youth
If anyone would asked Jesus the same question would Jesus response have been different?

If we were to ask Jesus right now the same question today - what must I do to have eternal life - what would Jesus' response be?
2 answers
1) be perfect (the answer He gave to the man)
Romans 3:20 no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law;
:23 or all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
>the Law to the proud

2) be born again with the God -given gift of faith
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
>grace to the humble

Last edited:
Well we could also ask why didn't Jesus tell the man who asked what he must do to have eternal life about being saved by faith alone, or being imputed with the righteousness of Christ?

We don't know when Mary died. She was alive when the apostles were still alive. So the apostles wouldn't have recorded anything about praying to Mary.
Oh rubbish even your church has her death before the apostles. Why don't you know this? Her date of death has been posted many times. So you are just avoiding answering the obvious questions.

No we cannot ask that about the young man he was still under the OT. No surprise you are showing another main problem for RCs sequencing. No apostle said that Mary was part of the gospel message. Not one of them prayed to Mary.

Just to clarify Mary died either 43 or 48 AD. Paul 67/68AD, Peter around 64AD, Andrew around 60AD, John around 98AD, Matthew around 60AD, Luke lived to around 84 years of age etc. It appears only Judas, James and Stephen died earlier than Mary.

Yep Mary died before most of the apostles and gospel writers. So point remains why didn't they put the Marian doctrines in their writings? Why did not God lead them to write them down? I mean God knew how important the scriptures would be for the Christian faith? Why didn't God tell us she was to be co this and that along with His son?

The writings in scripture focus on Jesus, what He did, when He means no one else.

Last edited:
But scripture says that Jesus was proclaiming the good news of the kingdom. What is the good news Jesus was proclaiming? Was it obtaining eternal life by keeping the commandments? Why didn't Jesus tell the man about faith alone or about imputed righteousness?
Why is it that RCs continue to show total ignorance on this story? Jesus obviously knew the man wasn't ready. His heart was hardened to the truth. You can tell that in his attitude to Jesus.

Scripture doesn't say that the man didn't think he was a sinner. If anyone would asked Jesus the same question would Jesus response have been different?

His pride was sin for a start. If you break one commandment you break them all. You really want to earn your salvation and nullify the work of Jesus. No surprise the RCC likes to take the glory that belongs to God for itself.

I know of not one person who could earn their salvation.

There are none so blind.
Blind ???? yes
but there is no greater Bondage
than "the mind" in bondage to other men
as if they were Gods
Ex.20:​
And God spake all these words, saying,​
2 I am the Lord thy God,
which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt,
out of the house of bondage.​
Bondage
"the mind" in bondage to other men

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.​
[/INDENT]
and he spake not of divinity / devine​
but Men that set and show themselves as if they were """Gods"​
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:
for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God,
visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children
unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;​

"you cannot serve Two Masters
else you will love the one, and ""Hate"" the other
"

"you cannot eat of the Lords Table and also the table of an idol"​

I know it does not...but they obviously understood what Paul was teaching them and they understood the Scriptures that proved what Paul said was the truth? Who is it that enables us to understand the Scriptures on a spiritual level, to open our hearts to understand, if we do not resist Him?

Who, ding?

But then, nowhere does the Bible give the final say-so for interpreting Scripture to the RCC popes and tbe RCC Magisterium....that is the lazy way out for Catholics, just blindly accepting what their leadership tells them to believe, instead of being good, noble Bereans. Sad, indeed.
Good answer Bonnie....... it reveals the utter folly of Ding's thinking that objective study is unnecessary. Any person who is not a diligent student cannot be an accurate interpreter of God's Word. Ding does not realize that Scripture indicates that such a person is NOT approved by God and should be ashamed of himself - I refer again to 2 Timothy 2:15.

Without arguing with the young man, Jesus showed him just how little he had followed the commandments, since he would not give up his wealth to follow Jesus, thus proving that he had broken the greatest commandment and made wealth his "god."

Show us where the Bible tells us to follow blindly our leaders in church even when they teach error, or lead profligate lives, or harm children....

Show us, ding.
Matthew 23:1-3, "Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, ‘The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses’ seat; therefore, do whatever they teach you and follow it; but do not do as they do, for they do not practice what they teach."

Without arguing with the young man, Jesus showed him just how little he had followed the commandments, since he would not give up his wealth to follow Jesus, thus proving that he had broken the greatest commandment and made wealth his "god."
RCs like to totally miss what this passage is saying because by doing so they think they support their works based salvation. Of course it doesn't.

Matthew 23:1-3, "Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, ‘The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses’ seat; therefore, do whatever they teach you and follow it; but do not do as they do, for they do not practice what they teach."
And he meant every word of it;
what you fail to see is
Christ was preparing for his disciples and also the 12
for Paul, the Pharisee, and the 2 Scribes
Mark and Luke
Paul is the one that
"Sets in the Seat of Moses" in the Church
appointed by The Father himself

dingoling. said:
what you fail to see is
Mark and Luke
Paul is the one that

what you fail to see is
Mark and Luke
Paul is the one that
Scripture doesn't say that.

Buzzard said:
what you fail to see is
Mark and Luke
Paul is the one that

Scripture doesn't say that.
Oh yes it does, very plain if you would only do as Christ said
Moses and the Prophets
They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.​

Genesis 24:2
And Abraham (The Father ) said unto his eldest servant of his house,
that ruled over all that he had,
Put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh:

3 And I will make thee swear by the Lord, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth,
that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites,
among whom I dwell:

4 But thou shalt go unto my country, and to my kindred, and take a wife unto my son Isaac.

And the servant took ten camels of the camels of his master,
and departed; for all the goods of his master were in his hand:
and he arose, and went ................................

That is Paul the Pharisee and He Sets in the Seat
Next to Paul, Peter was 2nd class

Last edited:
Which one is more Holy?

- The ark of the covenant in the Holy of Holies
- Mary's womb with the creator of the universe in it

The Creator of the universe dwells in his children, those who believe and are born of Him. The are in Him and He is in them.

And if you were born of Him, you would know that.

But it never even dawned on you when you wrote this post.

The Creator of the universe dwells in his children, those who believe and are born of Him. The are in Him and He is in them.

And if you were born of Him, you would know that.

But it never even dawned on you when you wrote this post.
Apparently to Protestants the Incarnation isn't that big of a deal. See how fast it was dismissed?

Back